The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Preacher

Old 10-26-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
Steelsheen
Head Geek of Nerdtopia

Default Preacher Season Three!

so looks like we're getting the team back (thank god got me a little worried there for a bit)
https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/923662210097975297

xxxMADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE PU
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxH
Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Default Re: Preacher Season 3!

I was a bit underwhelmed by the 2nd season, it seemed to have a lot of filler. amc doing another Walking Dead.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I'm more than happy to watch another season of this.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
Quasar
Side-Kick

Just caught up S2. Glad to see it got renewed. Cuz, ya know, if they ran out of Preacher episodes, Hitler might get put off and blow up Europe again.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Hee hee, wonder where he ran off to.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
JohnReese
Side-Kick

Post Re: Preacher Season Three!

My only gripe with the show is they've veered off too much from the comics. In the books Jesse and Tulip's love felt absolutely real, stood the test of time, and the relationship between Cassidy and Jesse was truly like brothers.

Which is why Cassidy's betrayal in the books was heartbreaking and as well as digging into his past. You lost sympathy for him until he redeemed himself.

I just hope they more or less decide to start following the books and get back more into what made Preacher so unique.

JohnReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:32 AM   #7
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Default Re: Preacher Season Three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnReese View Post
My only gripe with the show is they've veered off too much from the comics. In the books Jesse and Tulip's love felt absolutely real, stood the test of time, and the relationship between Cassidy and Jesse was truly like brothers.

Which is why Cassidy's betrayal in the books was heartbreaking and as well as digging into his past. You lost sympathy for him until he redeemed himself.

I just hope they more or less decide to start following the books and get back more into what made Preacher so unique.
I think they're definitely going to be more in line with the comics come S3 since it's clear they're following the Angelville storyline. S2 was already MUCH closer to the comics than S1 was, with a pitch-perfect portrayal of Herr Starr
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
and they even threw in ****ing Humper(di)doo, which absolutely NO ONE thought they'd have the balls to actually do

At the same time, though...

You're right in that Jesse and Cass are meant to have a very close, brother-like friendship, which is why I feel that it's WAAAY too early to create such a HUGE rift in their relationship like we see in the S2 finale. I mean, Cass telling Jesse " I hate you " ? That wasn't even the dynamic in the comics when they DID stop being friends. I think it's just part of making Jesse more of a total ******* than he was in the comics, which is another problem I have with it.

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:13 PM   #8
JohnReese
Side-Kick

Post Re: Preacher Season Three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
I think they're definitely going to be more in line with the comics come S3 since it's clear they're following the Angelville storyline. S2 was already MUCH closer to the comics than S1 was, with a pitch-perfect portrayal of Herr Starr
and they even threw in ****ing Humper(di)doo, which absolutely NO ONE thought they'd have the balls to actually do

At the same time, though...

You're right in that Jesse and Cass are meant to have a very close, brother-like friendship, which is why I feel that it's WAAAY too early to create such a HUGE rift in their relationship like we see in the S2 finale. I mean, Cass telling Jesse " I hate you " ? That wasn't even the dynamic in the comics when they DID stop being friends. I think it's just part of making Jesse more of a total ******* than he was in the comics, which is another problem I have with it.
I absolutely agree. Cass saying "I hate you" needs to be earned and Jesse in the show is so far removed from the comics that he's really not honorable, likeable, or outlawish enough to where you believe he'll do the right thing. I guess he could change once he is captured by his grandmother and confronts Jody But again, they ruined the dynamic of the brotherly relationship between Jess and Cass.

If they decide to go down that route again they need to properly portray their relationship, build up the love between Jesse and Tulip, and then have the moment earned in terms of the betrayal that Cass acts on. However, I just feel it'll be more of Jesse becoming completely corrupted by Genesis.

JohnReese is offline   Reply With Quote