The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

View Poll Results: What did you think?
10 4 28.57%
9 3 21.43%
8 1 7.14%
7 4 28.57%
6 1 7.14%
5 1 7.14%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #126
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24,887
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Evil Nazis Quentin Lance actually came across as the most despicable villain of all imo. When he:


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Reveals that he killed Earth-X Sara because she was bisexual, and called her "filth," wow that was so cruel. And it's one of the few times that Sara is immediately noticeable affected by something that her dad said.

Also he's the closest that the Earth-X Nazis get to feeling like actual Nazis (the rest of them feel more like generalistic fascists than specifically Nazis.
He was the only one who actually felt closest to what watching a Nazi would be like. Everyone else is just "Nazis = Bad. I hate Nazis! I love punching Nazis!"

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #127
Justin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 481
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonstokess View Post
Generally a very entertaining and worthwhile crossover.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Only issue I had was Felicity stealing Barry/Iris's moment and Barry letting Thawne go.
I hated the felicity thing.. the wedding was so well done and I was hoping to cut to the mysterious girl (Dawn?) watching from afar. Then felicity does what she always does - I remember really liking her in the first season or two but I don’t think any character/actor just kills a scene like she does for me.

As for Barry letting Thawne go I thought that was one of the most sensible things he’s done. Remember that the RF timeline is all over the place. This was after Barry fought him in S1 but possibly before RF finds himself in Barry’s house in S2 and other altercations that Barry is yet to have. There probably isn’t going to be many opportunities for Barry to kill him without messing up the timeline so the smart thing to do is let him walk.

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #128
Justin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 481
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Are you also offended by the straight couples? Iris & Barry, Oliver & Felicity, Diggle & Lyla, Martin Stein & Clarisse, Joe West & Cecille, Cisco & Gypsy, Winn & Lyra, Kara & Mon-El, Nate & Amaya, Wally & Jesse.
Are there also too many straight characters in straight relationships? I'm just trying to figure out if you are anti-relationship or anti-gay?
I didn’t write the original post but I think it comes down to proportions. There are a percentage of people who are LGBT in the same way there are percentages of ethnic groups, religious groups, interact is relationships, children, teenagers etc etc. In many of these cases the percentages are very low.

A show set in America and based on reality would usually have vastly more white straight couples than not because that is life. White straight people are the majority by some way in the same way that if the show was set in Africa you should expect the majority to be people of African origin.

Media, politics and just the world agenda at the moment pushes for more representation of some groups, while not having enough representation of groups they dislike, which is what I feel people take issue with. Every character they have created and every relationship they’ve created is feasible in the real world but the likelihood of a straight church wedding service having this variety of people is not typical and the media tries to pass it off as though it is. It’s a superhero show though so logic goes out the window but this happens in things like law and order which tries to replicate real life and real life isn’t a small town with 30 percent GLBT.. it’s more like 3 percent I believe.


Last edited by Justin; 12-03-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #129
Guard82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 848
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

I thought that this year's crossover was really well-done. It was fun and action-packed as well as emotional and heartfelt. There were many things to enjoy in this four-episode crossover, and as always, it was simply a blast to watch all these characters from all four CW DC shows interact with each other. Seeing all these characters we've come to know and love all together is always a real treat. And it was really nice to see Alex in a crossover for the first time and interacting with other Arrowverse characters. Nicely done.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #130
TheRedWraith
Ex-DCEU Fan
 
TheRedWraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,895
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I didn’t write the original post but I think it comes down to proportions. There are a percentage of people who are LGBT in the same way there are percentages of ethnic groups, religious groups, interact is relationships, children, teenagers etc etc. In many of these cases the percentages are very low.

A show set in America and based on reality would usually have vastly more white straight couples than not because that is life. White straight people are the majority by some way in the same way that if the show was set in Africa you should expect the majority to be people of African origin.

Media, politics and just the world agenda at the moment pushes for more representation of some groups, while not having enough representation of groups they dislike, which is what I feel people take issue with. Every character they have created and every relationship they’ve created is feasible in the real world but the likelihood of a straight church wedding service having this variety of people is not typical and the media tries to pass it off as though it is. It’s a superhero show though so logic goes out the window but this happens in things like law and order which tries to replicate real life and real life isn’t a small town with 30 percent GLBT.. it’s more like 3 percent I believe.
That can often be my problem with these types of scenarios when they make their agenda so obvious and write it so ham-handedly, especially in Superhero shows where such a small percentage of the population of people worldwide get powers or superskills that put them in the league of powered people (much less than 1%). That being said I had no problem with Leo and Ray being Gay because that was an entirely new universe with a reset distribution rate of the various types of people that had a radically different type of reality, to be frank I am surprised there weren't more ethnicities and people of color in their ranks considering those would be the people most likely to take action against a Nazi dominated state as they'd be most heavily targeted by it. I was honestly surprised we didn't get a rebel Diggle or Curtis of that world, then again I'm kind of glad as a 1-to-1 transfer of every existing person in the two Arrowverses would have been improbable considering how different the history of their world was effecting who knows how many births (still they could have beefed up the number of doppelgangers by a few).

__________________
My Movie/Tv Ratings: MoS - 7.3, BvS TC - 7.5,BvS UC - 7.8, JL - 5.5, CA:CW - 8, SS - 6, WW - 7.7, Kong: Skull Island - 8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.

Last edited by TheRedWraith; 12-03-2017 at 06:42 PM.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #131
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!
 
Avenging Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Centerport, NY
Posts: 2,113
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Easily the best part of the crossover.

The action, solid as usual. Greg Smith is a fantastic director.

Great use of Killer Frost finally. They let her shine, something the Flash writers somehow can't do.

The final battle was exciting, that power shot was awesome.

I never laughed harder than the ending

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
when FeFe stole Iris' thunder away from marrying her step-brother. Serves them right, Olicity is the lesser of the two evils. Felicity is now my new favorite person.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #132
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick
 
Osiris-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Memphis
Posts: 2,668
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

He's not related. Henry was his father and Nora was his mother. While her father is Joe and her mother was Francine. Step children have one parent in common.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 AM   #133
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,847
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
He's not related. Henry was his father and Nora was his mother. While her father is Joe and her mother was Francine. Step children have one parent in common.
No they don’t. That’s half-siblings. But you are correct, they are not step-siblings either, as those are related by marriage.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #134
shabadoo25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 93
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Interesting that no one mentioned the lifts from Marvel in this crossover:

1. Atom is now a mix of Iron Man and Ant Man.
2. The scene where the power heroes destroy Metallo is reminiscent of what was done
to Ultron.
3. Kara falling to earth helpless before being caught is like Iron Man doing the same in
The Avengers.
4. Killer Frost's transformation scenarios somewhat mimic The Hulk's.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #135
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick
 
ZIPBAGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,741
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Are you also offended by the straight couples? Iris & Barry, Oliver & Felicity, Diggle & Lyla, Martin Stein & Clarisse, Joe West & Cecille, Cisco & Gypsy, Winn & Lyra, Kara & Mon-El, Nate & Amaya, Wally & Jesse.
Are there also too many straight characters in straight relationships? I'm just trying to figure out if you are anti-relationship or anti-gay?
Well to be fair a lot of fans are unhappy about Oliver & Felicity.

Also, if I remember reading correctly their is a group of shippers who were upset with Mon-El and Kara because they wanted Kara with Lena Luther.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #136
m1ll3r
Failed experiment
 
m1ll3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: London. Probably in Soho trying to avoid hipsters.
Posts: 4,567
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
Interesting that no one mentioned the lifts from Marvel in this crossover:

1. Atom is now a mix of Iron Man and Ant Man.
2. The scene where the power heroes destroy Metallo is reminiscent of what was done
to Ultron.
3. Kara falling to earth helpless before being caught is like Iron Man doing the same in
The Avengers.

4. Killer Frost's transformation scenarios somewhat mimic The Hulk's.
Er, no. Iron Man is like Superman doing the same thing in Superman Returns. That’s the reference they were going for.

__________________
"Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

2017 Scores: Batman & Bill - 9/10 (Bob Kane is scum), John Wick 2: 8/10, Logan - 9.5/10, Alien Covenant - 3/10, GotG 2 - 7/10, Wonder Woman - 9/10, Spider-man Homecoming 7.5/10 War For The Planet Of The Apes - 9/10, Dunkirk - 10/10, The Dark Tower - 1/10, IT - 8/10, Blade Runner 2049 - 7.5/10, Thor Ragnarok - 8.5/10, Justice League - 5/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #137
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick
 
Osiris-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Memphis
Posts: 2,668
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
Interesting that no one mentioned the lifts from Marvel in this crossover:

1. Atom is now a mix of Iron Man and Ant Man.
Except that Atom was created first (1961) and Iron Man (1963) and Ant Man (1962) were created later. So really Iron Man and Ant Man are what Atom would be if he were separated into two characters.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #138
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!
 
ludovica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seoul
Posts: 903
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Except that Atom was created first (1961) and Iron Man (1963) and Ant Man (1962) were created later. So really Iron Man and Ant Man are what Atom would be if he were separated into two characters.
I'd say Atom as an armored guy was nowhere in the original comics conception.
And shrinking protagonists were nothing new, so no, Iron Man and Ant-Man took nothing from the Atom, while Arrowerse's Atom is a bit indebted to Iron Man via his being a discount Ted Kord.

__________________
"I'll hit'im where it hurts: in the civilians!" - Ramses IV

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #139
shabadoo25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 93
Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8- Crisis on Earth X, Part 4"

Some other things I've noticed after repeated viewings:

1. Kara and to a certain extent Alex are wearing something different in every scene but they go back through the rift with no luggage.
2. These people can't afford hotels so they crash on each others' couches?
3. Why would feared Nazi leaders wear battle masks other than to give the production a break on setting up fight scenes?
4. Oliver pops a bow out of nowhere but where did his arrows come from in the church?
5. Great scientific minds from the 21st Century can fly/manipulate/reprogram a spaceship from far in the future.

shabadoo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.