The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 03:48 AM   #801
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - Pa

So, are people actually hoping for terrorists to bomb Jerusalem just to spite republicans and Fox News? That's really disgusting. It's a testament to how polarized we've become.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:50 AM   #802
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - Pa

The Democratic leaders are saying they don't believe Trump's sexual misconduct accusers but they believe Al Franken's. And while I think Franken should resign, the fact that none of these Democratic leader idiots think Trump should be held to the same standard and resign is disgusting.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:07 AM   #803
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
The Democratic leaders are saying they don't believe Trump's sexual misconduct accusers but they believe Al Franken's. And while I think Franken should resign, the fact that none of these Democratic leader idiots think Trump should be held to the same standard and resign is disgusting.
Well, two things can be true at once. Cognitive dissonance can be a mother******. But, Franken is a senator. Trump is the president. Would you want Trump gone if he were a democrat?

Old 12-07-2017, 04:08 AM   #804
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5575 View Post
So, are people actually hoping for terrorists to bomb Jerusalem just to spite republicans and Fox News? That's really disgusting. It's a testament to how polarized we've become.
I do not speak for others but I'm pretty sure what was meant is that it will be a concrete possibility it will happen and in the case of it, it will be on Trump and the GOP.

Obviously, even if I see the move of the embassy as a bad omen and anti-diplomacy, I hope nothing of the sort happens anyway.

When is humanity that lucky though?

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!
Old 12-07-2017, 04:15 AM   #805
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Quote:
Well, two things can be true at once. Cognitive dissonance can be a mother******. But, Franken is a senator. Trump is the president. Would you want Trump gone if he were a democrat?
I hold Trump to the same standard as Franken, so obviously yes.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 AM   #806
Fading
>:(

Quote:
I can't speak for others, but I'm most definitely not.

That said, there's a reason presidents don't touch this subject. To my understanding East Jerusalem is Palestinian, West Jerusalem Jewish, and there are groups peppered in there as well.

So by moving the embassy, we're rilling things up. Our allies begged us not to do this. Protests are now starting, and at least one terrorist group just claimed we just opened the gates to hell. Also travel advisories are now being issued to these areas in fear of safety.

I'm not saying we should never do anything in fear of protests, or terrorists. However Trump just needlessly picked a side in a sensitive area, in a part of the world that does not belong to us.

I'm hoping their point wasn't wishing death, but rather any death that arises from this is on Trump's hands for poking the beehive as a distraction from his own worse.

Last edited by Fading; 12-07-2017 at 05:15 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:58 AM   #807
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Yes, yes I would. Though the severity of the crime needs to be taken into account as well.

Franken's accused of unwanted groping, and kissing by 6 women now. I'd personally like him to resign, but at the very least I'd like to see an ethics committee investigation.

Moore is accused of child molestation in over 10 cases, with over 30 witnesses. If a democratic president did all of that, damn sure I'd want his resignation, impeachment, whatever.

I take sexual assault very seriously as I have people in my life who been sexually assaulted, and I've seen the impact it has on their lives.

However, Trump's sexual assault accusations are beyond Franken's. Franken kissed, and groped 6 women (awful as is). Trump has been accused of rape to pedophilia, groping, sexual assault in general by over a dozen women (many settled out of court). His ex wife told friends he raped her while pulling hair out if her head. He's accused of watching miss TEEN USA contestants naked in their locker room. He bragged on audio about both being able to kiss, and groped women. As well as forcing himself on an unwanting married woman.

So if a democratic president did what Trump did? Yes, I'd want them impeached too. Partisan divide doesn't matter in this circumstance to me, nor should it to you. Same with celebrities, ect. If someone committed a crime, they committed a crime. How much you like them doesn't absolve them.

Last edited by Fading; 12-07-2017 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Stupid auto correcting phone, lol.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #808
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course not.

The embassy will be attacked tho. That's a given. Im just glad that its the GOP that are responsible for the embassy being there so when its inevitably attacked and people are inevitably killed the dems won't be responsible for it.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:49 AM   #809
samsnee
Side-Kick

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be impeachment hearings at some point once Mueller completes his investigation. But doing it now is dumb.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #810
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Of course not.

The embassy will be attacked tho. That's a given. Im just glad that its the GOP that are responsible for the embassy being there so when its inevitably attacked and people are inevitably killed the dems won't be responsible for it.

From the way I understand it, Trump has "recognized" Jerusalem as Israel's capital, but there are no plans to move the US Embassy there for years.

Another interesting take on this move is that Trump's Evangelical base loves it because Jerusalem returning to being the capital is supposed to be a harbinger of the literal ****ing APOCALYPSE.

https://www.indy100.com/article/pres...theory-8096596

Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #811
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Yeah, there is the secondary effect that Trump is going to love, the ability to call protesting Palestinians "radical islamic terrorists".

Also, bets on the attorney being in the room with the Jr and Trump conversation is Sessions?

Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #812
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
If this is in regards to my post that is not what I intended, just what I expect will probably happen. Trump thinks he's boldly doing what other Presidents were too cowardly to do, but that is only because he is woefully ignorant. Vice news last night strongly suggested that by declaring Jerusalem the capital of Israel this may empower the Jews to expel all the Palestinians from the city, and I could just see them doing it. Trump can't grasp the complexities of things, he just DOES and worries about the effects after. I can see a lot more violence on the way.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #813
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
From the way I understand it, Trump has "recognized" Jerusalem as Israel's capital, but there are no plans to move the US Embassy there for years.

Another interesting take on this move is that Trump's Evangelical base loves it because Jerusalem returning to being the capital is supposed to be a harbinger of the literal ****ing APOCALYPSE.

https://www.indy100.com/article/pres...theory-8096596
Funny thing about Revelations is it was written by a completely different John than earlier in the New Testament. Most historians now agree that it was not predicting a far off future but was instead describing the war torn landscape right in front of them during the fall of Rome.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:38 PM   #814
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Funny thing about Revelations is it was written by a completely different John than earlier in the New Testament. Most historians now agree that it was not predicting a far off future but was instead describing the war torn landscape right in front of them during the fall of Rome.
Yup. Emperor Nero was the Anti-Christ in that scenario.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #815
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
Yup. Emperor Nero was the Anti-Christ in that scenario.
And here I was thinking Trump's terrible comb over was to hide his 666 birthmark

Old 12-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #816
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

So I'm ticked off that Franken had to resign and Trump and Moore get a pass. What is wrong with this country?

Old 12-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #817
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Republicans will never be held to the same standard. They have none. And before anyone says I am slandering or unfairly characterizing Republicans, let me remind you that the national committee and the president are now openly supporting an alleged child molester in Alabama.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #818
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
So I'm ticked off that Franken had to resign and Trump and Moore get a pass. What is wrong with this country?
Well, that's simple. The Republican Party.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #819
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
This whole encouraging people to come forward rings hollow when Donald Trump is the U.S. President and is unaffected despite all the history everyone knows about.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #820
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I'm just so sick of it, that money overrides everything, including our morals. Moore's vote is just too important to the master plan. I think I'm going to go throw up now....

Old 12-07-2017, 06:37 PM   #821
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Okay, just saw some clips of his speech today. What the hell was going on with him? Seemed like he was having issues speaking.
The White House is claiming he had a dry throat.

https://www.newsandguts.com/link/hil...nusual-speech/

Because I know whenever I have a dry throat, I slur my speech like a drunkard.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #822
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
The White House is claiming he had a dry throat.

https://www.newsandguts.com/link/hil...nusual-speech/

Because I know whenever I have a dry throat, I slur my speech like a drunkard.
The puppeteer must have let the strings get too loose.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #823
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Because one of those people now has morality and basic human decency even though they may have had less in their past.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #824
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
The hypocrisy is unreal in this country. Yes, Franken did a bad thing and he should resign for it, but Moore had sexually assaulted young girls as old as 14; why is he still in the running for the Senate? And Trump openly admitted groping women in their private area, and those so-called "Family Value" conservatives are looking the other way? It's pretty disgusting.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 12-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #825
Deck Rickard
Dark Lord

Quote:
The puppeteer must have let the strings get too loose.
Well, ya know. Putin's a busy man. He gets distracted from time to time.

Closed Thread