The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #126
IcedOver
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 60
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Part of that gripe was that they basically took the Miles Morales storyline and stuck Peter Parker in it.
No, I mean before Holland was cast (and I think they took Peter's story and stuck a bunch of non-whites in it, not Peter in Miles' story). People were saying that Peter needed to be turned black, or that they needed Miles as Spidey. Well . . . an emphatic no, to both. People have even hoped for Holland's Peter to die soon so that Miles can take over (hopefully he will only appear in this animated film). What is destroying Marvel Comics -- an SJW-fueled re-writing of classic, iconic characters to be women or minorities -- cannot extend to the feature films. Make a John Stewart movie, another Blade or Spawn movie, whatever floats your boat, but no minority Superman, Batman, etc.

IcedOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #127
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 9,825
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Part of that gripe was that they basically took the Miles Morales storyline and stuck Peter Parker in it.
Oh gawd yes! Now because they're doing him in animation, he gets all the zanier Spider-related things like Spider-verse.

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU___________X-MU
Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:34 PM   #128
daddydivine
I'm black, I can say it.
 
daddydivine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 805
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedOver View Post
No, I mean before Holland was cast (and I think they took Peter's story and stuck a bunch of non-whites in it, not Peter in Miles' story). People were saying that Peter needed to be turned black, or that they needed Miles as Spidey. Well . . . an emphatic no, to both. People have even hoped for Holland's Peter to die soon so that Miles can take over (hopefully he will only appear in this animated film). What is destroying Marvel Comics -- an SJW-fueled re-writing of classic, iconic characters to be women or minorities -- cannot extend to the feature films. Make a John Stewart movie, another Blade or Spawn movie, whatever floats your boat, but no minority Superman, Batman, etc.
Jesus, SJW gets used alot when people dislike an alternate take on something. Its so silly if you even try to look at it rationally. I wonder how people reacted to Supergirl and Batgirl when they were created.

Defintely not the same way as Riri and Miles.

God, if your listening, please let the new Spiderverse movie be amazing and then let Miles be the face of spiderman at Sony just so this guy cant justify his views. Amen.

__________________
Black Panther for Best Picture.

Last edited by daddydivine; 02-24-2018 at 12:40 PM.
daddydivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #129
mace1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Black superhero movie lists.

http://community.comicbookresources....r-movie/page15
AND
http://community.comicbookresources....r-movie/page16
AND
http://community.comicbookresources....r-movie/page22

http://community.comicbookresources....r-movie/page30


Last edited by mace1; 02-24-2018 at 04:17 PM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #130
mace1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotman
Having a black Superman in a movie would actually be pretty culturally significant. Superman is the superhero prototype. He’s the ideal selfless hero who also happens to be the most powerful man on earth. Putting a minority in that role would be huge.
To read more go here.
http://community.comicbookresources....Panther/page16

http://community.comicbookresources....Panther/page15


Last edited by mace1; 02-24-2018 at 04:27 PM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:11 PM   #131
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,233
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydivine View Post
Jesus, SJW gets used alot when people dislike an alternate take on something. Its so silly if you even try to look at it rationally. I wonder how people reacted to Supergirl and Batgirl when they were created.

Defintely not the same way as Riri and Miles.

God, if your listening, please let the new Spiderverse movie be amazing and then let Miles be the face of spiderman at Sony just so this guy cant justify his views. Amen.
Being very fair, a lot of Marvel Comics recent decisions have been more than a little eye-rolly. That said, yeah, "social justice warrior" is a term that has been misappropriated into destruction. It used to mean "somebody who preaches loudly about their liberal social views, more or less just for the attention." You know, bragging about being more progressive than thou, as a status thing ( typically while being a rich white dude or dudette ). Now its been stolen by some truly noxious troglodytes, and used as an epithet for anyone more progressive than the Gor novels. Its detestable, especially since we really could use a term to refer to people who engage in empty moral preening. Sadly, "social justice warrior" can't be that term anymore, because it reminds people of MRAs and such, and inspires a need to take a shower.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:03 PM   #132
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,435
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
If/when Black Panther & Black Lightning are both successful, maybe some indie heroes will get some movie and tv love.
One down, a billion to go

http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2018/0...-raising-dion/

(this latest article doesn't mention that it's a comic...but it is.)

__________________
"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:17 PM   #133
MbJ
Side-Kick
 
MbJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,130
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
If/when Black Panther & Black Lightning are both successful, maybe some indie heroes will get some movie and tv love.
Well now we've got Spawn making a comeback, so I guess you were correct.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #134
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 9,825
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
One down, a billion to go

http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2018/0...-raising-dion/

(this latest article doesn't mention that it's a comic...but it is.)
Sounds like a prequel.

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU___________X-MU
Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:39 PM   #135
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,241
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

I think that Pixar should try their hand at a Frozone film tackling material that is different than what The Incredibles has. For instance I think Frozone and Honey should be currently childless. Maybe show us how Honey and Fro got into a relationship in the first place and explain why she's always against him going out and doing his super thing. Sam ain't getting younger so let's do this sooner than later.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #136
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 55,629
Default Re: Black Superheroes Movies - Part 3

When I watched JURASSIC WORLD the other day, they showed a preview for the Miles Morales animated SPIDER-MAN coming out in December. It looked good.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.