The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 03-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #826
JaD
Thriller Night

Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread

That's a great shot Havok, I remember taking a few similar shots of them in the car looking at the enemy post up ahead too.

Here's my current background

I figured out a way to use whatever custom backgrounds you want in case anyone was interested. Maybe someone's found an easier method but I tried a few that didn't work the way I wanted it to. Another reason is because if you try to save (screencap) images from a USB that you open up on your PS4 it won't allow you to save the images. But anyways, this has worked for me and I have several custom images I can use now instead of just PS4 screenshots.

- Find whichever your wallpaper you want to use.
- Resize it to 1920x1080 (I create my own in Photoshop, I'm sure there are some online tools out there if you don't have it)
- Open your gmail on a PC or phone and start a new email. (I use GMail with this method, haven't tried any other email clients)
- Upload the image as an attachment (gmail should save the email in a few seconds automatically)
- Open the web browser on PS4 and log into your gmail through it
- Open the draft email and the image attached
- Press square to go full screen and move the cursor off the screen and screencap it
- It'll save to your Other folder (or just go to the All folder in capture gallery)

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:16 AM   #827
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
That's a great shot Havok, I remember taking a few similar shots of them in the car looking at the enemy post up ahead too.

I figured out a way to use whatever custom backgrounds you want in case anyone was interested. Maybe someone's found an easier method but I tried a few that didn't work the way I wanted it to. Another reason is because if you try to save (screencap) images from a USB that you open up on your PS4 it won't allow you to save the images. But anyways, this has worked for me and I have several custom images I can use now instead of just PS4 screenshots.

- Resize it to 1920x1080 (I create my own in Photoshop, I'm sure there are some online tools out there if you don't have it)
- Open your gmail on a PC or phone and start a new email. (I use GMail with this method, haven't tried any other email clients)
- Upload the image as an attachment (gmail should save the email in a few seconds automatically)
- Press square to go full screen and move the cursor off the screen and screencap it
- It'll save to your Other folder (or just go to the All folder in capture gallery)
thanks JaD!

yeah, this is something I would wanna figure out.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:00 AM   #828
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sony needs to get it together bc that's a convoluted work around for something that should be alot more simple. Like we can do it but they make it more of a hassle than it needs to be

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #829
JaD
Thriller Night

Absolutely

If anything we should have been able to screencap images in Media Player from USB. Hopefully they clear this up soon. I'd also like an ability to move share images to different folders.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #830
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:

The way that I used was similar, but instead of using your e-mail, you can upload the image to a site called "Cube Upload" and then you go into your browser on the PS4 and type in the URL, which isn't too long. Once you have it there, you can use the same method of viewing it full screen and taking a screenshot of it.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #831
Dave McFly
Major hotness

well as of today I am a proud member of the PS4 Pro club, got my Pro today this afternoon before work .

PSN ID: davemcfly85
XBOX ID: davemcfly85
Dave McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #832
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
well as of today I am a proud member of the PS4 Pro club, got my Pro today this afternoon before work .
congrats!

I used to think the hdmi was the same, but it is actually for 4K

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 03-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #833
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

yeah, the next minor update needs to add the ability to use an image from USB stick in Media Player as wallpaper.

it should be as simple pression Option on the image, Set as Wallpaper, and that brings you to the Wallpaper UI to prepare the image and set it as wallpaper.

or else you can take a screenshot of your USB image in Media Player.

boom. done. simple. just like how you can do it on your PC and how you can do it on the X1 for several years now.

no need for this convoluted crap.

c'mon, Sony.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #834
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Congrats!! Did you already have a PS4? (and if so did you keep it/sell it/trade it in?)

Old 03-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #835
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
nice! welcome to the Pro club!!

Old 03-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #836
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

H.E.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 AM   #837
Dave McFly
Major hotness

Th Biggrin Re: The Official PS4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
congrats!

I used to think the hdmi was the same, but it is actually for 4K
wait so the cable for the Pro is different than the one for the older PS4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Congrats!! Did you already have a PS4? (and if so did you keep it/sell it/trade it in?)
I had a Uncharted Trilogy bundle I got Nov of 15 that I sold to a co worker for a good price as he did not think 270 used was a fair one for PS4, he gets a good price for a PS4, I get half off of a Pro, win/win .

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
nice! welcome to the Pro club!!
glad to be a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
NICE

Old 03-23-2017, 02:27 AM   #838
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

I had a Uncharted Trilogy bundle I got Nov of 15 that I sold to a co worker for a good price as he did not think 270 used was a fair one for PS4, he gets a good price for a PS4, I get half off of a Pro, win/win .

glad to be a member

NICE
The hdmi cable that comes with the Pro is an HDMI 2.0 cable. I'm pretty sure the original standard PS4 came with an HDMI 1.4 cable. The cables look identical. But there are some significant differences.

Quote:
The until-now most recent version of the HDMI specification was version 1.4. It specified a number of things, like 4,096x2,160-pixel resolution up to 24 frames per second, or 3,820x2,160 up to 30fps. If you've bought any gear with an HDMI connector in the past few years, it's probably version 1.4. It carried over all the features and support from previous versions, plus added 3D, Audio Return Channel, and so on.

HDMI 2.0 delivers, supporting "4K" (2160p by the Forum's explanation) up to 60fps. This allows for full-resolution 4K 3D, along with higher-frame-rate 2D content, like (potentially) home videos and computer games (PC, not PS4/Xbox One).

The most important thing to understand about HDMI 2.0 is the increase of the size of the "pipe" transmitting data from the source (like a future native 4K Blu-ray player or PC) to display. This makes possible the increased frame rates at high resolutions. It also allows even more interesting lower-resolution images. For example, HDMI 2.0 supports dual video streams, so you can get two full HD shows on the same screen at the same time. Seem weird? Well, Samsung and LG already have versions of this either in current or future displays, like MultiView on Samsung's KN55S9C OLED TV. So you can watch "Dancing with the Stars" reruns on Netflix while your spouse frags noobs in "Call of Duty 9."

There's also support for a 21:9 aspect ratio (basically 2.35:1), which is interesting, but not of much practical value yet. There are only a handful of native 21:9 displays (a few TVs like the discontinued Vizio CinemaWide, and some high-end projectors). Yes, many BD movies are 2.35:1, but these are really just 2.35 in a 1.78:1 window.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-0-w...-need-to-know/
UHD blu-ray requires a 2.0 HDMI cable. 1.4 HDMI cables aren't HDCP 2.2 compliant. HDCP 2.2 is the latest copy protection and it's an absolute PITA. If a UHD player or the XBox One S or the PS4 Pro is connected to an audio-video receiver or tv or any device that isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant or is connected with an HDMI 1.4 you won't get HDR or the UHD player just won't work depending on the player. With a single HDMI output if you run the HDMI cable into an audio-video receiver that isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant and then run an hdmi cable out of the AV receiver into a 4k tv the player or tv will "sense" that there is a non HDCP 2.2 compliant device in the "chain" and you can't get HDR or video or it just acts like a temperamental ****. Most UHD players have two HDMI outputs so that the video can be run directly to the 4k tv and the audio can be run separately to a non HDCP 2.2 compliant audio-video receiver without causing problems.

Long story short HDCP 2.2 can really throw a wrench into the gears and HDMI 1.4 isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant. So from now on when you buy HDMI cables make sure they are a 2.0 cable. That will future proof you for a little while. Most online retailers will specify in the products details or specifications. And packaging in retail stores will specify whether the cable is 1.4 or 2.0.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 03-23-2017 at 02:45 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #839
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Yes. If you have 4K tv, use the hdmi that came with your pro to hook it up.

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 03-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #840
Dave McFly
Major hotness

^I will keep that in mind XB

Old 03-23-2017, 01:56 PM   #841
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

Oh right, nice one.

Old Today, 01:21 AM   #842
Dave McFly
Major hotness

Funny I was not even considering replacing my trusty 'phat' PS4 but when my friend told me he wanted to get one, but hated the prices the used ones for going for we struck a deal, and so far he loves it (his first PS4 he previously only owned a 360).

Old Today, 02:21 AM   #843
zenith16
Side-Kick

XSEED Games Titles are on Sale on the North American PlayStation Store

Friday, March 24th, 2017
Time to Snag up some goodies!Read more

Quote:
Friday, March 24th, 2017

It appears that some of XSEED Games title are on sale on the North American PlayStation Store. These titles include YS: I & II Chronicles (PSP/Vita) $7.49, YS: The Oath in Felghana (PSP/Vita) $7.49, Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space (Vita) $9.99, Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (PS4) $14.99, Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (PS4/PS3) $8.99, Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Vita) $8.99, AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressed (PS4) $14.99 (PS3) $9.99 and even some discounts on the Legend of Heroes Series.
Here is a full list of titles on sale:
Vita games:
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Akiba’s Trip
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Earth Defense Force 2
Exile’s End
Orgarhythm
Ragnarok Odyssey
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appetit!
SENRAN KAGURA Shinovi Versus
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Valhalla Knights 3
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

PSP games:
VALHALLA KNIGHTS
Half-Minute Hero
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Ys SEVEN
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Ys: I & II Chronicles
Trails in the Sky
Corpse Party
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
Brandish
Trails in the Sky SC
Unchained Blades

PS3 games:
Akiba’s Trip
Killer is Dead
Nitroplus Blasterz
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
Trails of Cold Steel II

PS4 games:
Akiba’s Trip
Earth Defense Force 4.1
Exile’s End
Nitroplus Blasterz
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity

These sales will likely not last long, so if you’ve been holding out to snag up any of these great titles now is the time.

source: Operation Rainfall

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 AM   #844
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Funny I was not even considering replacing my trusty 'phat' PS4 but when my friend told me he wanted to get one, but hated the prices the used ones for going for we struck a deal, and so far he loves it (his first PS4 he previously only owned a 360).
Worked out well for both of you and maybe you can play with online now too.