The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #276
Doctor Jones
No One

Default Re: General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 3

I'm glad. Let VIII be and stand on its own terms and let Trevorrow figure it out.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #277
Broseph44
Witness Me

I'm looking forward to Episode 9 and Trevorrow behind it, loved JW. Sorry I know it's the cool thing to hate it But anyway, it's nice to know nothing is being changed with Leia for 8.

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #278
Lobo
Borg Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I'm looking forward to Episode 9 and Trevorrow behind it, loved JW. Sorry I know it's the cool thing to hate it But anyway, it's nice to know nothing is being changed with Leia for 8.
I loved it, too . And am looking forward to IX

Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #279
Solidus
The Last Jedi

Collin I think has great potential. I did not care for Jurassic World at all, but that was a film long in development with lots of hands in the pot. JW to me felt like a film that had too long of a development with many restarts and he held it together as best he could.

I loved Safety and thought it displayed more of his skill. Therefore, I am leaning towards more positive on him. It was not because of the $$$$ that they hired him from my view. Or else you would not have seen Rian, or heck even JJ’s films never made that much prior to TFA. It does not hurt but SW will sell regardless.

What gets me excited though is that his next film The Book of Henry according to the trades has some positive buzz with talks of nominations. So I guess we will see this summer how that goes.

I am glad TLJ will continue as is, and Rian will probably be involved with the re-writes since it still seems from back in the early part of TLJ’s development Rian was said to have been writing IX as well. With the reports of the entire story group getting together figuring out what to do with Leia will not be a one-person job.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #280
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Though Bob Iger said that the pitch (story treatment) to him for IX came from Trevorrow, not Rian Johnson.

"The ninth [episode], we just had a pitch from the director because he is just going into preproduction and that comes out in 2019." (September 2016)

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #281
Solidus
The Last Jedi

Interesting I remember reading in the trades that Johnson was working on it.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #282
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Interesting I remember reading in the trades that Johnson was working on it.
I remember those reports too. They were either incorrect or Disney went in another direction.

Serpico Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:11 AM   #283
ladystoneheart
Feed the crows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Collin I think has great potential. I did not care for Jurassic World at all, but that was a film long in development with lots of hands in the pot. JW to me felt like a film that had too long of a development with many restarts and he held it together as best he could.

I loved Safety and thought it displayed more of his skill. Therefore, I am leaning towards more positive on him. It was not because of the $$$$ that they hired him from my view. Or else you would not have seen Rian, or heck even JJís films never made that much prior to TFA. It does not hurt but SW will sell regardless.

What gets me excited though is that his next film The Book of Henry according to the trades has some positive buzz with talks of nominations. So I guess we will see this summer how that goes.

I am glad TLJ will continue as is, and Rian will probably be involved with the re-writes since it still seems from back in the early part of TLJís development Rian was said to have been writing IX as well. With the reports of the entire story group getting together figuring out what to do with Leia will not be a one-person job.
I loved Safety Not Guaranteed as well, but if his big budget films end up looking like JW, then it's a problem.

All I hope for at this point is that he learned what not to do because of JW. We don't need a million calls backs to the original in every other shot, no poorly written characters, and no annoying child actors.

Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born...
ladystoneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #284
Solidus
The Last Jedi

I think JW had more problems than just him, I think with hopefully his raw talent and Kathy steering the ship it should be good.

I'm really interested to see what The Book of Henry is like.