The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 11-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #701
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

Default Re: Stephen King's 'Carrie' remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Chloe is too attractive yes. It's the 'Hollywood Ugly' effect. Just like Emma Stone in 'Easy A'. She was easiest the most attractive girl in that film despite playing the 'average nerdy type'.
I'd like to think that the performance is what matters most. That a talented actor can inhabit a role in which they are unattractive and ostracized even if they are conventionally attractive. I don't know if Moretz did this because I haven't seen it but from what I've read she didn't. Maybe she was miscast, I dunno. But there is a level at which an actor's performance should win out over their looks.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #702
Octoberist
point blank

It depends. But what happens if the character's looks played a role.

My point is that with Easy A, a movie I enjoyed, had the typical Hollywood high school vibe where a pretty girl like Stone is seen as an outsider ur to her quirkiness. it's a Fantasy. I think we've so conscious of the cliche now that it doesn't often work anymore.

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #703
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

The humor site "The Editing Room" has their parody of Carrie (Parrie?). There is a very funny reference to Samuel L Jackson in "A Time to Kill."

http://www.the-editing-room.com/carrie-2013.html

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #704
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I have only dim memories of the first film, whenever I saw it last. The main 'bad girl' was a little too conveniently evil, but I guess most of the actors did a good enough job for their roles.. especially the gym coach, she was cute, too. Julianne Moore's portrayal seemed to have a lot more and less to do compared to the previous film.. too bad the origins of her... zealotry.. were never really explored..

... It's all too bad that things progressed badly for her. If Professor Xavier were alerted to her presence, he could possibly have reached her mentally to prevent the final outburst, at least before it went too far. On the other hand, Magneto would probably have encouraged the carnage, unless it were directed toward him.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #705
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I have only dim memories of the first film, whenever I saw it last. The main 'bad girl' was a little too conveniently evil, but I guess most of the actors did a good enough job for their roles.. especially the gym coach, she was cute, too. Julianne Moore's portrayal seemed to have a lot more and less to do compared to the previous film.. too bad the origins of her... zealotry.. were never really explored..

... It's all too bad that things progressed badly for her. If Professor Xavier were alerted to her presence, he could possibly have reached her mentally to prevent the final outburst, at least before it went too far. On the other hand, Magneto would probably have encouraged the carnage, unless it were directed toward him.

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #706
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I feel like I just took a trip down the rabbit hole.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #707
Maximus One
Oddball

That damn Punk gif smh. Can't. Stop. Watching

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #708
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Just watched this tonight, was actually pretty good, never watched the original in its entirety but this re-make was quite good on its own.

Good performances, especially from Moore and Moretz, who is an extremely talented young actress and is growing up to be quite the hotty. Wouldnt surprise me if Chloe went the way of J-Law and won an oscar in her early 20's, she is that good. 7/10.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote