Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #976
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_shadow View Post
Because they are like these species of birds.

Awwww. I think you might be right.

Free Original Music
Old 04-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #977
ChrisB
Batman News

I posted some HQ photos of Garfield/Stone here:
http://spidermannews.com/2013/04/17/...-2-set-photos/

There's about 75 in total here:
http://emmastoneweb.com/gallery/thum....php?album=686

Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #978
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
Original. Because I like Nolan's trilogy, I have to always reside there, huh?

If there was a clothing area in the forums, I'd link you to that, but that would be silly

Old 04-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #979
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_shadow View Post
Here's what WesMen will do when he sees this pic..

It's funny only because it's true.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #980
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Original. Because I like Nolan's trilogy, I have to always reside there, huh?

If there was a clothing area in the forums, I'd link you to that, but that would be silly
I think it would make for some great entertainament.The forum will never get boring.Then again , I haven't exactly been to that part of the forum,so who knows?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #981
ITheSymbioteI
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I have to disagree. I doubt this would look half as badass, if it were glowing yellow instead of blue.

I'm surprised no one has come to this comparison (or maybe I missed it) from the color and 'glow' in those shots.

He does look comicly Mr Freeze like without the hood though. lol.

As long as the lighting and 'glow' is shot that way and they add only minimal cgi on him, I'm a happy camper though. Not what I thought Webb would do, but pleasantly surprised that he went all out and just made him 'electricity' or 'corporeal energy'.

Last edited by ITheSymbioteI; 04-17-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #982
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITheSymbioteI View Post
I'm surprised no one has come to this comparison (or maybe I missed it) from the color and 'glow' in those shots.

Yes,there have been but more of Mr.Freeze comparison due to most of his initial pics.Without the glow and hoodie,he does look like Mr.Freeze like you acknowledged.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #983
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

you missed it... it's why i say it's an incredibly boring "look" it's all been done before

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #984
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

That video is great! Can't wait to see this freaking film!!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #985
Nathan

I'm sure they brainstormed a lot and tried several looks. There are probably tons of concept designs lying around somewhere, some of them I'm sure in blinding yellow. But they've come to the conclusion that blue probably works best. And what does it matter if it's been done before? Should they disregard a perfectly good design, with the only reason to just be different?

And Dr. Manhatten is basically just a blue glowing, naked guy. Electro going to have more details, like glowing veins, electricity pulsating over his body. The end result will probably be close to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post

Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #986
ITheSymbioteI
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
you missed it... it's why i say it's an incredibly boring "look" it's all been done before
Meh I can see that but I like it as an interpretation of electro. I really don't mind if its been done. Touches like his glow constantly shifting in shade and his veins pulsing will look cool enough. I hope his suit is good though.

Either way, if not this, the only other thing we would get is a regular Jaimie Foxx that shoots electricity. Yellow just doesn't compare to how well blues can contrast in the night. I definitely expected them to go blue in this. If not, it would have been white electricity.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #987
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
I'm sure they brainstormed a lot and tried several looks. There are probably tons of concept designs lying around somewhere, some of them I'm sure in blinding yellow. But they've come to the conclusion that blue probably works best. And what does it matter if it's been done before? Should they disregard a perfectly good design, with the only reason to just be different?

And Dr. Manhatten is basically just a blue glowing, naked guy. Electro going to have more details, like glowing veins, electricity pulsating over his body. The end result will probably be close to this.
Needs a glow like SSM but yes very close to this.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #988
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Meh I can see that but I like it as an interpretation of electro. I really don't mind if its been done. Touches like his glow constantly shifting in shade and his veins pulsing will look cool enough. I hope his suit is good though.
That's his complaint.He wants Electro to not look cool like his personality.But, I feel it doesn't matter.He doesn't have to look like a clown but at least close enough to one of his version and blue does look good even though its been done before.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #989
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

there's hundreds of concepts for many movies... but their pick doesn't always mean it was the best one imo... Look at Raimi's movies for instance... there are two concept pieces for the goblin (one being the animatronic head) and the other being this much more sinister concept art of an armored goblin that actually utilized the color purple as well that were FAR better than what we got.

Also... for spider-man 3 they even made a spider-man/venom suit with the comic book white spider but decided against it...

The problem with blue, is that it's always "safe". Anyone who has ever been in art school is taught right away in their color theory class that "Blue" is the worlds most liked color. It's why jeans are blue, it's why most people love blue eyes on people... etc... there's something about the color that everyone just loves. (yes it's not everyone's favorite color, but it is the majority's).

it's such an easy safe choice to go with that it's really not shocking they went with it at all... and im neither shocked that many people like the look too... but to me, i like things to stand out. Do any of you watch "Face/Off" on sci fi? and actually listen to the critiques? They never want you to do something that's been done before, and if you do, do it FAR better to the point where it feels new again. And that you shouldn't have to rely on CGI to sell your creation.

we've seen this near exact looks many many times.. Dr. Manhattan, Mr. Freeze, Avatar, Abe Sapien, Mystique, Beast (though obviously the most different), etc...

I just think this was a great chance to do something different, and thus more iconic

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #990
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
there's hundreds of concepts for many movies... but their pick doesn't always mean it was the best one imo... Look at Raimi's movies for instance... there are two concept pieces for the goblin (one being the animatronic head) and the other being this much more sinister concept art of an armored goblin that actually utilized the color purple as well that were FAR better than what we got.

Also... for spider-man 3 they even made a spider-man/venom suit with the comic book white spider but decided against it...

The problem with blue, is that it's always "safe". Anyone who has ever been in art school is taught right away in their color theory class that "Blue" is the worlds most liked color. It's why jeans are blue, it's why most people love blue eyes on people... etc... there's something about the color that everyone just loves. (yes it's not everyone's favorite color, but it is the majority's).

it's such an easy safe choice to go with that it's really not shocking they went with it at all... and im neither shocked that many people like the look too... but to me, i like things to stand out. Do any of you watch "Face/Off" on sci fi? and actually listen to the critiques? They never want you to do something that's been done before, and if you do, do it FAR better to the point where it feels new again. And that you shouldn't have to rely on CGI to sell your creation.

we've seen this near exact looks many many times.. Dr. Manhattan, Mr. Freeze, Avatar, Abe Sapien, Mystique, Beast (though obviously the most different), etc...

I just think this was a great chance to do something different, and thus more iconic
Excellent points.

Marc Webb strikes me as a really "safe" kind of guy. He's not imaginative in the way that Nolan is when envisioning these characters (He's also liable to have more forced on him by the studio since he hasn't got Nolan's clout, but hey, he accepted the job).

Old 04-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #991
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:

Exactly. Great post, and great analysis.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #992
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

^ yeah, Smurfs too !!!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #993
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

They were dragged through the mud for changing the Spidey suit in the first, and now they're being called for doing the obvious interpretation of Electro. Okay, that's fine.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #994
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

blue looks good on screen

Dr. Manhattan, mr freeze, nightcrawler,mystique and um... smurfs!! :P

yellow seems more of a sun or fire colour, hense why its not used often

Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #995
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Marc Webb strikes me as a really "safe" kind of guy. He's not imaginative in the way that Nolan is when envisioning these characters
Toning down is imaginative? Yeah, I guess it was really imaginative to go with regular make-up on Joker, so he looks slightly messy, but still completely recognizable otherwise. Have Scarecrow mostly in a suit, god knows no one here ever complained about that. Or getting rid of Bane's luchador mask and just replacing Venom with pain killers.

I still enjoy his takes, but let's not pretend what he did was way more imaginative than what Webb and co. are doing.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #996
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread