The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #776
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Default Re: Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

Colors don't pop the way they did last season.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because itís the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:37 AM   #777
Hello2016
Side-Kick

Honestly better so far than I expected from watching the previews. The season's got it's own feel and still feels moderately large scale as well. New wrinkles keep coming into play each episode. This might be the best season yet.

Odd juxtapositioning and coincidental connections definitely part of the overarching theme this season. Episode 3 I think gave a lot of attention to this.

Episode 4 just watched and pretty grossed out by the bulimic stuff, bathroom stuff, and comment on way office smelled after what was done in episode 2...

Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #778
ladystoneheart
A contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Anyone else feels the cinematography isn't as strong as the last season? Aside from outstanding episode 3, the look of it seems a bit damp.
I think there's still some great shots this season, but you're right. It's not as great as the seasons before. It's got time to catch up though.

Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born...
ladystoneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:38 AM   #779
Blackman
C'mon Son

It's still a good show, but I'm not really feeling this season as much as the previous seasons

None of the characters grabbed me like they did in seasons 1 and 2.

I also feel it's almost too sprawling with the characters. Like the Ewan McGregor's brother story is interesting. Carrie Coon as a character is cool. But the stuff with the british guy, the murder investigation of Carrie Coon's step dad...just doesn't move me.

I'm just spoiled by how much I loved seasons 1 & 2 and was grabbed immediately by them. With season 3, I was with it in the beginning, but 4 eps in and I'm just eh. There's still time to turn it around imo, but those are just my thoughts right now

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #780
tzarinna
С новым годом!

I was totally digging the Peter and the Wolf blending, one of my favorite fairy tales. I may have geeked out a little too hard on this one.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #781
PrehistoricDog
Side-Kick

Holy ****, that ending was brutal. Michael Stuhlbarg continues to be this season's MVP.

PrehistoricDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #782
conan69
Cimmerian

Really great episode last night. Easily the best of the season, which is really moving now.
The your wife wouldnt be your wife if I brought her a platter of cold.. cuts line had me laughing for about 30 seconds. Really funny line, great delivery.

Also I did a double take at the f bombs last night. Id forgotten I was watching FX.

Were those the first fuks on a show not on a premium channel? AMC blanks them out for Saul and Breaking Bad.

"Once again, science saves the day. The end."
-Hubert J. Farnsworth

Last edited by conan69; 05-18-2017 at 08:51 AM.
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 AM   #783
ladystoneheart
A contender

I'm actually kind of shocked Nikki is still alive.

conan: AMC are stingy and don't want to lose advertisers. FX doesn't care, they've been letting F's fly freely on their shows that air after 10:00pm

Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born...
Old 05-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #784
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

I'm also surprised that Nikki pulled through...and that she had the strength to make it back home. Figured that if Yuri and Meemo wanted to send a message, they'd just flat out kill Nikki. Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench they ain't.

I mean, sure, it still send A message, but they already tossed a guy off of a parking lot. Figured picking off Nikki would be nothing.

NotNickFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #785
conan69
Cimmerian

Yea, I was suprised as well. When you hear her moans stop during the beating, Id figured theyd beat her to death.

"Once again, science saves the day. The end."
-Hubert J. Farnsworth
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #786
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Soooo we're all in agreement then that Nikki's beating was something we all weren't expecting and her making it through was a miracle, right?

The coffee mug scene though...oh my goodness. I feel like staying away from coffee mugs in general after that scene.

Best ep of the season so far. Next week's looks great too.

Spider-Man Luvr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #787
antsman41
Belongs To Prince

...yeah, that is a top 3 episode of the series and the best of the season.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #788
ladystoneheart
A contender

God, the coffee mug scene. That was brilliant.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #789
Blackman
C'mon Son

I thought the beating would be a lot worse in terms of facial damage. I was surprised she pulled through too

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #790
Brother Jack
Jack's Back

Noah Hawley is really exceptional at crafting villains. Each season of this show, as well as Legion, have all had great bad guys.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #791
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I thought the beating would be a lot worse in terms of facial damage. I was surprised she pulled through too
Yeah, I thought they'd kill her for bringing the IRS down on their heads, but I guess they didn't want the hassle of the police being after them.

Sy unleashed...lol. He's my favorite character.

I'm a little surprised at how little we're seeing of Gloria's investigation. Makes this season rather different from previous ones.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because itís the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #792
Hello2016
Side-Kick

The pacing of this season sort of loops about in a funny fashion (episode 3 was brilliant). I think Gloria's angle will come back in at some point (someone will go to the police for help I'm guessing).

I somewhat surprised Nikki survived. The way the camera pulled away I was thinking it maybe would pan over some grisly image but then wasn't too surprised she survived either as hey Mary Elizabeth Winstead's been on talkshows so must've been around for more than 5 episodes... It'll be interesting to see the escalation fallout next episode between the brothers. I think the culmination of that needs to take place next episode to keep things fresh and interesting for the one after.

Also, being that this is Fargo wouldn't be too surprised if there's some little twist thrown in with the widow buying the company (what an odd monologue she had about mortuaries, placements, and parkings spots) becomes the new owner once everything is done after episode 10 for some reason.

Last edited by Hello2016; 05-20-2017 at 01:31 AM.
Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote