The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

View Poll Results: The Best Super hero Origin Movie ?
Batman Begins 42 56.00%
Captain America 5 6.67%
Iron Man 9 12.00%
Spider Man 5 6.67%
Superman The Movie 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #476
Ryan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Superman: The Movie, with Batman Begins as a close second. I mean, Superman is the origin movie that inspired all the other origin movies, and it was made long before it became this obligatory thing.

Begins deserves a lot of credit for being the first live action Batman origin and also being the movie to inspire pretty much every other realistic and gritty reboot that followed. It drives me nuts when "Dark Knight trilogy" fans act like only the movies with "Dark Knight" in the title matter. There wouldn't be a Dark Knight without Begins setting the style and tone for it.
I feel the same way that Begins is often overlooked (how is that possible?) in terms of its influence and the favour it curried from many a critic. Directors later pointed to Batman Begins as the template to follow. Here's a great article on how influential Batman Begins was and continues to be.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#8af28cf556c6

I would say that both Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were very influential films of their time in different ways.

Last edited by Ryan; 03-25-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #477
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

No, Superman (1978) is IMO. Begins, a close tied second with Raimi's Spider-man for me.

Mandon Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #478
Brutikus
Peace Through Tyranny

Batman Begins

Brutikus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #479
Matleo
Side-Kick

Weird that they didn't used that Bat calling device in next movies.
That really could be used in future... imagine battman hiding and flying in a hord of bats when atacking or coming near a oponent?

Matleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #480
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matleo View Post
Weird that they didn't used that Bat calling device in next movies.
That really could be used in future... imagine battman hiding and flying in a hord of bats when atacking or coming near a oponent?
I thought that, but then Nolan went a bit more grounded with TDK/TDKR (relatively speaking!) so maybe he thought the 'Bat-summoner' was just a bit too 'out there' for those stories. It was one of my favourite parts of BB though.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:47 AM   #481
Boom
I got nothin'

Still wish the third act was a bit tighter and less on-the-nose, but otherwise I find myself enjoying this movie more and more in recent years.

Last edited by Boom; 05-10-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #482
wampa1
Side-Kick

It's not my favourite Batman film but it's the best Nolan bat-flick. I think they did a great job with the origin and it's definitely up there but I think they went a bit overboard. There's literally a scene of Bruce and Alfred ordering cowls over the internet. Never in a million years have I ever wondered or even wanted to know where he gets cowls from. He's Batman; he just has them.

I also don't like some of the deviations from the comic book origin. I always felt it was important that Bruce was watching Zorro (a masked hero) on the night his parents were murdered. Some random opera kinda misses the point.

Also also I think it's easier to present an origin movie for Batman that is palatable for the GA than it is for some of the wackier heroes out there. Convincing audiences to swallow an Ant-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy movie is a much tougher sell than a guy in a suit punching people.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote