The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 02-08-2016, 07:39 AM   #901
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder View Post
Whats batmans real name?
Bruce Wayne. Though he's not in the suit right now. The current Batman is Jim Gordon.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:57 PM   #902
Panthro
Red Right Hand

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Fell behind on Green Lantern after Johns left; which trade or trades are the best place to start to get back in?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:52 AM   #903
-Arya-
Brightest Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Fell behind on Green Lantern after Johns left; which trade or trades are the best place to start to get back in?
Avoid the main GL title. Just pick up Red Lanterns by Charles Soule and Sinestro by Cullen Bunn.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #904
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Start with vol. 4 Dark Days.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:18 PM   #905
Panthro
Red Right Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Arya- View Post
Avoid the main GL title. Just pick up Red Lanterns by Charles Soule and Sinestro by Cullen Bunn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit
Start with vol. 4 Dark Days.
Thanks

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 02-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #906
_Superman_
Man Of Steel

This may be a dumb question but given what the new 52 has done with Batman is the real Bruce Wayne dead and is this like some clone now?

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #907
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

no he isnt a clone from what i know and this is just going by online and talks i hear at my local shop. Its the real bruce he just doesnt have all his memories for what ever silly reason.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #908
WolfCypher
SWAT Kats coming back

Is Hawkman (any of the eighteen main universe Hawkmen) just totally incapable of falling in love with any other woman? I've never read a story where he is seriously involved with a woman besides Sheira/Shayera. And Kendra Saunders doesn't count because she was housing the soul and essence of Sheira.

By that logic that a reincarnated Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman soul can inhabit a totally different body, if Carter is forever trapped to only love that character, and Shiera is reincarnated (or soul is housed) a man, will Hawkman have a love for that dude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Parcell
Before he died, my father gave me a piece of advice, and I'd like to pass it on to you: Son, if you want to get ahead in this world ó oh God, this hurts, tell your mother Iím gay.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #909
Panthro
Red Right Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Arya- View Post
Going back to this for a moment - is the main GL title really that bad now?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 02-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #910
KevanG
Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Is Hawkman (any of the eighteen main universe Hawkmen) just totally incapable of falling in love with any other woman? I've never read a story where he is seriously involved with a woman besides Sheira/Shayera. And Kendra Saunders doesn't count because she was housing the soul and essence of Sheira.

By that logic that a reincarnated Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman soul can inhabit a totally different body, if Carter is forever trapped to only love that character, and Shiera is reincarnated (or soul is housed) a man, will Hawkman have a love for that dude?
He seems fairly obsessed with just one person. Maybe if he took a life or two and dated around then the two of them would be less angry.

I'd love to see DC make a same sex Hawk person couple. Naming them would bebodd though. "It's Hawkman and... Hawkman 2?"

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #911
-Arya-
Brightest Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Going back to this for a moment - is the main GL title really that bad now?
I haven't followed it since issue #40ish, but it was okay at best. Nothing even close to Johns' run.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #912
Lord
All Mighty

Before the Legends storyline post-crisis and Morrison's JLA run, did Darkseid often fight the Justice League? Is there any place listing his chronological appearances?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #913
KevanG
Brony

http://www.dcuguide.com/chronology.php?name=darkseid

His appearances as far as I know.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #914
CaptainWagner
He Burns People...

So I recently purchased the Under the Red Hood TPB. What's up with the ending? Joker blows up the building, then the narrator pauses mid-sentence.... And we get an annual issue detailing the events of Jason's return and then the issue from Hush. The story never actually finishes. Am I missing something?

Tom Holland as Peter Parker, +1
Ariel Winter as Gwen Stacy,
Neil Patrick Harris as Mysterio
Timothy Omundson as J.J.J

1 Down, 3 To Go, Make it Happen, Mr. Fiege!

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #915
KevanG
Brony

Which Darkseid is the most powerful? Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis or New 52?

Old 04-24-2016, 02:04 AM   #916
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
So I recently purchased the Under the Red Hood TPB. What's up with the ending? Joker blows up the building, then the narrator pauses mid-sentence.... And we get an annual issue detailing the events of Jason's return and then the issue from Hush. The story never actually finishes. Am I missing something?
It's been a while since I've read it, but I know that when it was originally printed, it was done in two volumes. Is your version the full story?

Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 AM   #917
Naked Shia
just do it!

Quote:
you're supposed to understand that he did blow up the building and they died. Then reality is changed, and it never happened.

Naked Shia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #918
CaptainWagner
He Burns People...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
It's been a while since I've read it, but I know that when it was originally printed, it was done in two volumes. Is your version the full story?
It doesn't say anything about being a "Part 1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Shia View Post
you're supposed to understand that he did blow up the building and they died. Then reality is changed, and it never happened.
Huh. I thought the reality changed BEFORE the story began, and that's what brought Jason back in the first place. Did it happen again or am I just confusing myself?

Old 04-26-2016, 02:34 AM   #919
Naked Shia
just do it!

Quote:
It doesn't say anything about being a "Part 1"

Huh. I thought the reality changed BEFORE the story began, and that's what brought Jason back in the first place. Did it happen again or am I just confusing myself?
Basically, superboy prime's punch brought jason back to life, that the first change, the one you knew about. And then, the story takes place during infinite crisis, a story that brings back the multiverse and does change some stuffs from reality, including this issue. So yeah, it does happen again.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #920
Wheels
Worst. Heroine. Ever.
SHH! Global Moderator

Does anyone know why Denny O'Neil never had a consecutive issue run on Batman or Detective longer than 8 issues? Was there something about the way things were done back in the 70s that prevented full year long runs by a particular team?

Quote:
Tyler Breeze was defeated by his desire to run down to the meadows and make time with young cows.
--Dean Ambrose
Wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:22 AM   #921
CaptainWagner
He Burns People...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Shia View Post
Basically, superboy prime's punch brought jason back to life, that the first change, the one you knew about. And then, the story takes place during infinite crisis, a story that brings back the multiverse and does change some stuffs from reality, including this issue. So yeah, it does happen again.
Okay. Wow. I'm finally starting to understand why people complain about DC screwing with reality....

Old 04-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #922
Naked Shia
just do it!

Quote:
Okay. Wow. I'm finally starting to understand why people complain about DC screwing with reality....
When done right, I love playing with realities and all. But in this instance, there is no way you can understand what's happening while reading this story with no knowledge of what happens in infinite crisis.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:35 AM   #923
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Does anyone know why Denny O'Neil never had a consecutive issue run on Batman or Detective longer than 8 issues? Was there something about the way things were done back in the 70s that prevented full year long runs by a particular team?
No, quite the opposite. Writers often had years long runs on titles back in that era. The switching and swapping after only a few years is relatively recent to the '90s and beyond that we have now. I don't know any specific reason about O'Neil, though. It's probably something as simple as him needing time to script his work, because I believe it was in an editorial position even at that time period (though I may be mistaken there).

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:49 PM   #924
Sundancer
Cynicist

Watched Son of the Batman..

Do did Talia date-rape Batman, which led to Damien???

Sundancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #925
KevanG
Brony

Sometimes. Depends on who punched reality this week.