The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #501
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I remember early last year there were pictures of Cavill, Adams, and I think Fishburne, and they were getting out of their cars and on their way into a Photo shoot. I know that probably doesn't make sense, but maybe someone in here will know what I'm talking about and maybe that would shed some light?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #502
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I know what you're talking about Kryptonian Warrior. Photos were taken around FEB 9th 2012 of Cavill, Adams, and Costner getting out of their cars and headed for a photo shoot. Filming had just wrapped. I don't know if was simply a cast photo shoot for the studio or publicity shots or what. Cavill looked like he just rolled out of bed as he was headed for the shoot.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #503
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I know what you're talking about Kryptonian Warrior. Photos were taken around FEB 9th 2012 of Cavill, Adams, and Costner getting out of their cars and headed for a photo shoot. Filming had just wrapped. I don't know if was simply a cast photo shoot for the studio or publicity shots or what. Cavill looked like he just rolled out of bed as he was headed for the shoot.
That's right, it was Costner! So they have obviously done a photo shoot to a magazine that hasn't been published yet. Hopefully whatever shoot that was will be published soon.

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 01-03-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #504
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Alot of times they film publicty shots at the time of filming but those photos aren't released to the public until the embargo lifts. I remember one website saying they were invited onto the set with other media outlets but there was an embargo and they couldn't release any accounts.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #505
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah here's a few of the pictures I was talking about and yeah, Cavill looked rough! lol

Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #506
HighFivingMF
Welp.

"Superman need sleep."

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #507
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Yeah. Those are the pictures.Junkie XL tweeted that they're back in the studio and there's a big playback with Zack Snyder. He says ther whole movie is scored.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #508
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

^^^^ they all look like they had a great night out celebrating.

Do some lines, get some 2,000 dollar hookers, go party it up on the town till 5:00am, hang out in a hot tub on top of a high building, and wake up in a Mexican hotel the next day, each wearing the wrong underwear.

"Oh Shiiiiiiii... We need to be at a photo shoot in an hour!"

Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #509
I Am The Knight
Infinity

The Super-Hangover.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #510
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Yeah. Those are the pictures.Junkie XL tweeted that they're back in the studio and there's a big playback with Zack Snyder. He says ther whole movie is scored.
The entire movie's scored now? Great, I hope they play some of it in the next trailer.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #511
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

I love stalker photos. Not.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #512
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I love stalker photos. Not.
LOL.

In other news, I'm glad to hear that the music for the movie is roughly done. I can't wait to see what Hans came up with.

Superhero nerd.
Writer for @GalvNews. Bylines: @WashingtonPost, @BuzzFeed, @MovieViral.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #513
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post

In other news, I'm glad to hear that the music for the movie is roughly done. I can't wait to see what Hans came up with.
This.

I'm really excited to see what Zimmer has concocted, he's one of the best composers in the Business today.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #514
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Wish I could've been there to see how it turned out. The movie still seems so far away and I can't stop watching the trailer.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #515
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Yes the character of John Carter was an influence on not just Superman but Star Wars as well.
ah, cool! I can see Carter's influence on other sci-fi properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
John Carter wasn't a bad film really. It had a good story and visual effects. However, Taylor Kitsch or whatever his name is a one dimensional actor and expresses emotions like Tatum He somewhat ruined it for me.

Plus, I didn't feel like they showed the range of his powers good enough. I mean his jumping around was fine, but as far as super strength it was barely shown to my recollection. I would have like to see more feats of strength
I didn't really mind the lead actor. by the end of the film, I bought him in the role.

it's a shame we probably won't be getting a sequel, cuz I am interested to see what happens next to John Carter ( in the film ).

although I do wonder, since JC's director was a Pixar guy ( he did Nemo and Wall-e, didn't he? ), would JC have worked better as a Pixar animated film.........

Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #516
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Hans Zimmer must be close to finishing the music. He has a couple of other movies already lined up as well as some bible miniseries on the History Channel.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #517
X Knight
Fists of Justice

can't wait to hear what Zimmer's main Superman theme sounds like!!

hope it sounds epic!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #518
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Yep. Really looking forward to hearing what the movie sounds like. Something regal and epic rolled into one would be excellent, even spacey ethereal sounds like Inception's score/parts of 'On Thin Ice'.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #519
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I hope it'll be timeless and futuristic and something like what we've already got in the trailers. I also hope for a main theme being "mature" and melancholic, yet uplifting like Batman's new theme and Time from Inception. Simple, building and triumphant.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #520
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
can't wait to hear what Zimmer's main Superman theme sounds like!!

hope it sounds epic!!!
What if there isn't a "main" theme as with STM, but a score that is similar to BB; where the hero theme is played with whenever Superman is being heroic?

Would you guys not mind that or do you think that Superman needs a new theme song that is specific to Supes just as the one in STM? We know they aren't using the STM theme song, but would you care if they did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I didn't really mind the lead actor. by the end of the film, I bought him in the role.

it's a shame we probably won't be getting a sequel, cuz I am interested to see what happens next to John Carter ( in the film ).

although I do wonder, since JC's director was a Pixar guy ( he did Nemo and Wall-e, didn't he? ), would JC have worked better as a Pixar animated film.........
There were times where I bought him in the role, but for the most part his range and monotones were annoying. I get that he was supposed to be a loner and guilt ridden individual, and I'm sure they stressed that point to not only convey the character's motivation, but to make up for Taylor's range limitations.

I mean he wasn't all that bad, but to me it was exactly like watching Tatum in G.I. Joe lol. But hey it's not all bad,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
me and my date's lack of interest in his performance allowed us to get it on in the back of the theatre

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #521
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy

Small article from cinema blend

Will Henry Cavill And Alice Eve Be The Big Breakout Stars Of 2013?
Author: Katey Rich

Making predictions about the year to come is tempting right around the new year, but also damn near impossible. Even when it comes to looking at the movies, which are released on a set schedule, it's hard to know what to expect-- movies become blockbusters and nobodies become movie stars every year with barely anybody seeing it coming.

And yet, here we are predicting the year to come anyway, and it's not just professionals who are doing it-- the users of Fandango.com have chimed in to say which actors they expect to be the biggest new stars of 2013. It should surprise nobody that an up-and-coming superhero tops the list, while the top female is part of another big franchise. Take a look at both lists below:

BIGGEST MALE BREAKOUT MOVIE STAR
1. Henry Cavill (“Man of Steel”)
2. Sam Claflin (“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”)
3. Armie Hammer (“The Lone Ranger”)
4. Jai Courtney (“A Good Day to Die Hard”)
5. Nicholas Hoult (“Jack the Giant Slayer;” “Warm Bodies”)

BIGGEST FEMALE BREAKOUT MOVIE STAR
1. Alice Eve (“Star Trek Into Darkness”)
2. Chloë Grace Moretz (“Carrie”)
3. Alice Englert (“Beautiful Creatures”)
4. Jurnee Smollett-Bell (“Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor”)
5. Gabriella Wilde (“Carrie”)

Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #522
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Quote:
What if there isn't a "main" theme as with STM, but a score that is similar to BB; where the hero theme is played with whenever Superman is being heroic?

Would you guys not mind that or do you think that Superman needs a new theme song that is specific to Supes just as the one in STM? We know they aren't using the STM theme song, but would you care if they did?

There were times where I bought him in the role, but for the most part his range and monotones were annoying. I get that he was supposed to be a loner and guilt ridden individual, and I'm sure they stressed that point to not only convey the character's motivation, but to make up for Taylor's range limitations.

I mean he wasn't all that bad, but to me it was exactly like watching Tatum in G.I. Joe lol. But hey it's not all bad,
me and my date's lack of interest in his performance allowed us to get it on in the back of the theatre
I kind of want a real, identifiable theme.

the Dark Knight theme was kind of "there" but not really identifiable as say, the Elfman theme was.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #523
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #524
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Quote:

Did you see that Disney/Pixar actually made a "For Your Consideration" poster for John Carter, advocating that it should be up for Best Picture? When I saw it, I thought it was a joke.

Anyway, yeah, Kitsch sucked any and all life out of the Carter character. Granted, they changed some aspects of the character from the books, but a better actor could have made it work. Kitsch just looked like he was tired or stoned through most of the film.

And even though parts of the movie looked good, other stuff just came off silly and awkward. It's sad, because as a fan of the books, I DO think John Carter could make a great movie. Unfortunately, what we got was a goofy, convoluted mess. Andrew Stanton should stick to making cartoons about robotic trash compactors.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #525
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Did you see that Disney/Pixar actually made a "For Your Consideration" poster for John Carter, advocating that it should be up for Best Picture? When I saw it, I thought it was a joke.

Anyway, yeah, Kitsch sucked any and all life out of the Carter character. Granted, they changed some aspects of the character from the books, but a better actor could have made it work. Kitsch just looked like he was tired or stoned through most of the film.

And even though parts of the movie looked good, other stuff just came off silly and awkward. It's sad, because as a fan of the books, I DO think John Carter could make a great movie. Unfortunately, what we got was a goofy, convoluted mess. Andrew Stanton should stick to making cartoons about robotic trash compactors.
No I didn't know they made that poster lol. That's pretty funny.

I mean the film had a good story and visuals, but the characterization and pacing just fell short IMO.

I liked the look and wardrobe, it reminded me how a Masters of the Universe movie should be done when remade.

I think they were trying to bank off of Taylor's popularity mostly; however, someone should have let them know that his popularity wasn't all that big. I'm still trying to decide if he did better in John Carter or Battleship lol.

Anywho back to Superman

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Closed Thread