The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #576
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,650
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Granted, it's not the best of color filters; but would you guys prefer this color filter over the yellowish brown one that was used for SR?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #577
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I'm really liking this picture a whole lot. Tried fixing the colors a bit more.

Fantastic.It also fixes Cavills skin color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
I
DAMN YOU.I was perfectly fine with Cavills hair and then you show me something BETTER now Im sad we didnt get this-Curse you.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #578
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick
 
Dr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,823
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Yeah. I don't know why everyone is so against normal cloth these days. Don't get me started on Batman's suits...
The challenge is to make these characters look exceptional and unique. And a plain fabric leotard is something anyone can pick up at the local dance/yoga supply store.

Dr. is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #579
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,650
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Well, let's look at the partial bright side, at least when it's released on DVD and Blu-Ray, for those of us that have flat screen television or have it as a file on our laptops, we'll be able to tinker with the colors.lol

herolee10 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #580
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,862
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

jis hair looks fine as is and cloth does look like crap for a superhero costume....come on folks

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #581
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,269
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
jis hair looks fine as is and cloth does look like crap for a superhero costume....come on folks
His hair is fine, but that manip looks better IMO LOL. Also, plain spandex cloth is crap. Textured fabric worsk better for superheroes nowadays. However, I do want to see Batman in a textured fabric suit with the muscle padding under as opposed to on top or less on top for the reboot/JL movie.

I've searched the web so much to find a cosplay or fan inspired Batman cowl and cape made out of cloth that would work on film. I haven't even seen anyone take the rubber cowl and cover it with a textured cloth. I think that would be really cool, but make it so that the neck part is just cloth and not rubber, though it could resemble a feaux neck so that the wearer could turn his neck.

Anywho, textured fabric looks better. The spider-man, and daredevil suits looked better and so does the MoS suit IMO.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #582
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I don't get the complaints about the MOS suit. In my opinion, it's the best Superman costume we've EVER had. The only reason the Reeve suit worked is because Reeve looked so damn much like Superman that he sold it. Anyone else in that costume (or a similar one) looks ridiculous (see: Dean Cain and whoever those Superboy actors were).

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #583
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,198
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Because cloth looks awful
^THIS

i hate cloth suited material it looks so campy and cheesy and frankly extremely bland

Project862006 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #584
Mig-El
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 250
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I love the MOS suit, and I do think it's the best Superman suit. I just don't like the muted and desaturation of the colors.

Mig-El is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #585
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,001
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I think people need to chill. Sure the suit is very desaturated in the picture, but looking at the trailer, it seems like lighting and the contrast of the suit's colors will not be an issue.

__________________
ConnorFilm
Journalist.
Film enthusiast.
Superhero nerd.
Writer for @GalvNews. Bylines: @WashingtonPost, @BuzzFeed, @MovieViral.
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #586
Mike22
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,197
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Unfortunately, that would require a different hair line and different hair type... or a wig.
Not really no. He has a natural widows peak just like Welling does, in fact their hair lines are extremely similar, yet they managed to make it look pretty damn good on Welling with the classic looking hairstyle of being parted on the left. Same could be done for Cavill.
And there's nothing wrong with Cavills hair type, just a really bad decision from Snyder on the hair style.

This is Wellings original hairline:



And this is what happens when they put in some effort to make it Superman-ish.



People, hairline is certainly not the problem here, in any way, just a bad choice from Snyder.

Mike22 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #587
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,993
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Not really no. He has a natural widows peak just like Welling does, in fact their hair lines are extremely similar, yet they managed to make it look pretty damn good on Welling with the classic looking hairstyle of being parted on the left. Same could be done for Cavill.
And there's nothing wrong with Cavills hair type, just a really bad decision from Snyder on the hair style.

This is Wellings original hairline:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



And this is what happens when they put in some effort to make it Superman-ish.



People, hairline is certainly not the problem here, in any way, just a bad choice from Snyder.
I would disagree. Cavill's hairline is more receding on the right side due to the fact that he parts it from right to left. To achieve the hairstyle you presented, he would need a lower hairline on that side.

Also, due the wavy nature of his hair, he most likely parts his hair right to left because that is how it naturally flows. Welling is not a good example because he has straight hair.

My hair and hairline is actually very similar to Cavill's except his is curlier (e.g. probably harder to control) so I live with this every day. If I ever try to part it in the other direction, it flops in front of my forehead like a little boy.

Krumm is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #588
Mike22
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,197
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I would disagree. Cavill's hairline is more receding on the right side due to the fact that he parts it from right to left. To achieve the hairstyle you presented, he would need a lower hairline on that side.

Also, due the wavy nature of his hair, he most likely parts his hair right to left because that is how it naturally flows. Welling is not a good example because he has straight hair.

My hair and hairline is actually very similar to Cavill's except his is curlier (e.g. probably harder to control) so I live with this every day. If I ever try to part it in the other direction, it flops in front of my forehead like a little boy.
Wavy hair can straightened, this is a big budget movie after all. And just take a good look at the Welling pictures, it's not like it goes from the edge of the right side to the left, it just goes barely from the center and from the right, leaving more hair to be combed to the left and hiding the lack of hair on his right as you say.
Welling IMO is a VERY good example because his hairline is almost the exact same as Cavill's and yet they manage to make it look really good.

Honest to God I can not understand this decision they made about his hair, I would've even preferred the hair from the first picture released, this just straight up bothers me.

Mike22 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #589
craigdbfan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 31,174
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Back to the good (dreaded) old hair debate I see. Oh bother.


Last edited by craigdbfan; 01-04-2013 at 05:41 PM.
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #590
FilmNerdJamie
I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

There was a hair debate?! Stop.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #591
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,048
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Back to the good (dreaded) old hair debate I see. Oh bother.
Hair length, direction its parted or if its slicked back are massive factors in a movie's success. Look at Daniel Craig - that blonde hair was going to ruin everything.

I thought the suit saturation looked fine in the trailer. It did have a darker hue but you could make out the iconic colours. Slick is the word I think.

__________________
Follow Anne on Instagram and Facebook
AnneFan is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #592
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,993
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Wavy hair can straightened, this is a big budget movie after all. And just take a good look at the Welling pictures, it's not like it goes from the edge of the right side to the left, it just goes barely from the center and from the right, leaving more hair to be combed to the left and hiding the lack of hair on his right as you say.
Welling IMO is a VERY good example because his hairline is almost the exact same as Cavill's and yet they manage to make it look really good.

Honest to God I can not understand this decision they made about his hair, I would've even preferred the hair from the first picture released, this just straight up bothers me.
Superman has wavy hair so there is no need to straighten it.

As for Welling, I would say their hairlines are different for reasons I already mentioned but that is just splitting hairs at this point (yeah, I said it.) The point is that their hair is frankly different in terms of quality.

It's not as simple as you put it because you are fighting with genetics. As I said before, you're only really option is a wig.

Krumm is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #593
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,993
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
There was a hair debate?! Stop.
Yeah, I'm done with it at this point.

Krumm is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #594
craigdbfan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 31,174
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
There was a hair debate?! Stop.
I know right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Hair length, direction its parted or if its slicked back are massive factors in a movie's success. Look at Daniel Craig - that blonde hair was going to ruin everything.

I thought the suit saturation looked fine in the trailer. It did have a darker hue but you could make out the iconic colours. Slick is the word I think.
Clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Yeah, I'm done with it at this point.
It should have never begun.

craigdbfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #595
Mig-El
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 250
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

To their defense, hair and make-up department is part of the filmmaking process.

Mig-El is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #596
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,993
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I know right.

Clearly.

It should have never begun.
Oh, I agree. It's a ridiculous idea.

Krumm is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #597
craigdbfan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 31,174
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig-El View Post
To their defense, hair and make-up department is part of the filmmaking process.
Which is fine but the length of these debates have been completely ridiculous.

Having this pop up again after pages and pages of "hair" debates is just quite frankly annoying.

craigdbfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #598
Mike22
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,197
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Superman has wavy hair so there is no need to straighten it.

As for Welling, I would say their hairlines are different for reasons I already mentioned but that is just splitting hairs at this point (yeah, I said it.) The point is that their hair is frankly different in terms of quality.

It's not as simple as you put it because you are fighting with genetics. As I said before, you're only really option is a wig.
LOL
Then put a wig on the dude lol.
I do have to agree with with the genetics angle though.
Maybe Cavills hair isn't as thick as Welling's is, and based on his Clark hair I guess they didn't even bother to even straighten it, but I still think it's doable, perhaps it wouldn't look absolutely fantastic, but it would be better than the helmet hair we seem to be getting.
Good God I can not state how I dislike that hair, and it can even be parted on the right, just at least give it better form so it doesn't look so Weird, at least to me it looks weird.

Mike22 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #599
FilmNerdJamie
I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Yeah, I'm done with it at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I know right.
And some wonder why I dismiss the fanboy community...

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #600
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,993
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
And some wonder why I dismiss the fanboy community...
Haha. In my defense, I'm standing up for the production... though saying it now, I'm not sure that helps my case.

Krumm is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.