The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #801
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatanna View Post
That was a limited series from the late 90's right?
Yep, and a series that inspired the creators of Smallville.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #802
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

If Superman publically appears as a hero before Zod attacks then the public would be more likely to embrace him. When Zod appears in Superman II, Superman is already established as a hero on our side.

But if Zod attacks first and then Superman publically appears then some will associate him with the evil Kryptonians even if he's rescuing us from Zod.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #803
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Yep, and a series that inspired the creators of Smallville.
That makes sense because I looked up the series a little bit ago. It's not one that I ever read. I'm surprised I didn't.

Last edited by Zatanna; 01-07-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #804
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Oh look what Loki ( Tom Hiddleston) posted on his twitter.

Superhero nerd.
Writer for @GalvNews. Bylines: @WashingtonPost, @BuzzFeed, @MovieViral.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #805
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Hiddleston is a fan of superheroes in general if I remember right. Which is good, because next go-round that mofo better be Riddler.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #806
STARMAN
Side-Kick

You can tell Zack Snyder loves that line from Jonathan. He put that line in the teaser trailer, comic con trailer, and full trailer.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #807
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Very curious about Superman: Unbound. Has the potential to be very emotional and dramatic if done well.

Oh and on MOS, I loved Goyer's "unabashed hero" answer, perfect!

Also, Loki approves of MOS trailer:

Tom Hiddleston ‏@twhiddleston
I'm going to just say it. The trailer for MAN OF STEEL is majestic & poetic."You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be".

Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #808
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Also, Loki approves of MOS trailer:

Tom Hiddleston ‏@twhiddleston
I'm going to just say it. The trailer for MAN OF STEEL is majestic & poetic."You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be".
That is very cool

Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #809
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Looks like Bomer finally gets his stab at the Man of Steel in "Superman: Unbound"

I really really liked the Brainiac graphic novel and loved the art even better. So for me seeing that they didn't go with the same look as the novel... again, it kind of turned me off. "Doesn't translate well"...? WTH??

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #810
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I really really liked the Brainiac graphic novel and loved the art even better. So for me seeing that they didn't go with the same look as the novel... again, it kind of turned me off. "Doesn't translate well"...? WTH??
Aside from the budget they probably didn't want Superman to look like Christopher Reeve. I'm OK when they change the styles for the animations.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #811
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Aside from the budget they probably didn't want Superman to look like Christopher Reeve. I'm OK when they change the styles for the animations.
I'm not at all bc it never looks better or even as good as the source material. I prefer more detail. And I'd shell out more bucks for it. That last one I did not care for the art at all so I watched it for free. I'll do the same for this one.

*And I understand not wanting it to favor Reeve but that is just more of the same crap treatment they have always done for these animated Superman movies. As far as I'm concerned it's a miss for me.

Last edited by The Shield; 01-07-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #812
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Dark Knight Returns looks a **** of a lot better than the book.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #813
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Dark Knight Returns looks a **** of a lot better than the book.
I agree and again it's batman and that's the treatment he gets. Supes gets crap art.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #814
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

Gary Frank's art would be a nightmare to animate and they just don't have the budget...

It sucks but I'd rather they go for the best with what they've got.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #815
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Gary Frank's art would be a nightmare to animate and they just don't have the budget...

It sucks but I'd rather they go for the best with what they've got.
I really don't buy into this is the best they've got.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #816
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Plus, they are probably trying to get it out as soon as possible to capitalize on the MoS, while still getting out a quality product.

Superman vs. the Elite's animation wasn't the best, but after about 5-10 minutes it didn't bother me at all and was like watching a WB/CW morning cartoon IMO.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #817
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I really don't buy into this is the best they've got.
Then throw some of you money their way and they'll do better.

This is the business model Timm and Co. have to work with... It's not exactly their fault.

Superman vs. The Elite was a pretty poor seller.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #818
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Then throw some of you money their way and they'll do better.

This is the business model Timm and Co. have to work with... It's not exactly their fault.

Superman vs. The Elite was a pretty poor seller.
It's not that easy otherwise I would. They don't just take anyone as a producer. It's extremely hard to get into these brands.

And maybe if they took the money they put into making these poor sellers and put it into some detail they would have something that made a gratifying profit.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #819
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I don't like Superman's hairstyle in Superman:Unbound. If you look at the hairline...

Just joking.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #820
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I don't like Superman's hairstyle in Superman:Unbound. If you look at the hairline...

Just joking.
Hahahaha.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #821
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfivingmf View Post
hiddleston is a fan of superheroes in general if i remember right. which is good, because next go-round that mofo better be riddler.
yes!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #822
Marvin
Side-Kick

tired of these dvd's, would so much prefer they streamlined all these into a dc series.
too late now.

and oh great, now they are in to Geoff Johns territory.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #823
Zionite1
Side-Kick

YES!No Gary frank art and no reeve nostalgia!looking forward to it-I like the art actually.

Slightly offtopic what do you guys think of the chances WB will finally release a new animated superman series-Especially with MOS approaching?And If yes wld you like CGI like Gl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Here's somewhat of a "rough" transcript of the thing:

1. Goyer said that he's "really proud of it (Man of Steel".

2. He never thought that he'd be doing a "Superman" Film, but he thought that the only way to have topped doing something like "Batman" was doing Superman's character since he's the "granddaddy" of all the superheroes.

3. Goyer said that he's trickier to do, since it's easier to do a character that's dark and has no powers. He's proud of it and can't wait for people to see it.

4. He thinks that the movie is going to be the "right" movie for the times.

5. He's happy that the movie is going to be coming out this summer since he feels that this is the kind of movie that the world needs right now; which lead to the reporter responding to that comment with "A Hero?", thus Goyer responding with his "Unabashed Hero" comment.
Thanks man.Looks like Goyer does understand Superman and I have to say he was main worry about the film.

Last edited by Zionite1; 01-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #824
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
YES!No Gary frank art and no reeve nostalgia!looking forward to it-I like the art actually.

Slightly offtopic what do you guys think of the chances WB will finally release a new animated superman series-Especially with MOS approaching?And If yes wld you like CGI like Gl.
Well we have Young Justice and they did do the whole Legion of Superheroes around the time Superman Returns/Should Stay Away lol came out.

I actually like the CGI of GL, it has grown on me and never really had a problem with it to begin with. That being said, if we do get another Superman cartoon I would like to see the animation resemble Superman from his current Young Justice cartoon and continue in that continuity.

Justice League: Doom, The Return of Black Adam, and Crisis on Two Earths had the best Superman Animation IMO, other than YJ.

Edit: I would like to see a cartoon style Superman from Public Enemies done on network tv.

Last edited by Midnight Black; 01-07-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #825
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Personally not a fan of Superman in Young justice after the whole Konel deal.
Wld like a series based on new 52 with MOS suit

Closed Thread