The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #301
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination
 
zeroapoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,199
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Not gonna lie. Part of me wants someone to break in someday.

zeroapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #302
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 29,788
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroapoc View Post
Not gonna lie. Part of me wants someone to break in someday.
LOL. Id never want that to happen, but if it did, im gonna feel REALLY sorry for the individual who does.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.8% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #303
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

I'd never want that to happen and I hope to never need a reason to use any of my guns in self defense. At the same time, I'm not going to let myself become a victim.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #304
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,684
Default Re: The Gun Thread

OK, so this is kind of threat related in that there have been lots of school shootings in the news lately.

And it got me thinking…I believe that every school should be required by law to have a class once a year for parents (it would be mandatory to come in order to keep your kid in school) that teaches them what to look for in possible mental issues/disorders warning signs. So many parents are oblivious to what their kids are doing or how they acting. Maybe with a class some of that knowledge might actually sink in and they may just happen to notice some of the early warning signs they may not have seen before.

__________________
Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #305
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
OK, so this is kind of threat related in that there have been lots of school shootings in the news lately.

And it got me thinking…I believe that every school should be required by law to have a class once a year for parents (it would be mandatory to come in order to keep your kid in school) that teaches them what to look for in possible mental issues/disorders warning signs. So many parents are oblivious to what their kids are doing or how they acting. Maybe with a class some of that knowledge might actually sink in and they may just happen to notice some of the early warning signs they may not have seen before.
This thread isn't about politics. This thread is about people who own guns and enjoy the sport and want to talk about them.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #306
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,772
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Question for you guys. I've been the the range and my kids really enjoyed shooting the .22 rifle. They didn't like the 12 gauge shotgun because it was too heavy and the kickback was too much for them.

I'm thinking of getting a handgun, a .22 rifle, and a shotgun. I have kids so I am buying a gun safe or cabinet to stow the guns and ammo. So my question is, if my guns are locked in the safe how can I safely store/use the handgun for defense if, God forbid, the need ever arises?

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #307
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: The Gun Thread

anyone got any good .22 rifles in mind?

im also think of getting another revolver in the future.
what are the recommendations from my fellow Hype gun owners?

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #308
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 29,788
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post
So my question is, if my guns are locked in the safe how can I safely store/use the handgun for defense if, God forbid, the need ever arises?
I cant speak on any kind of authority as i keep my Walther on my nightstand, but Id assume keeping your weapons in a safe or gun cabinet, while the absolute safest route to take, would essentially dilute any type of quick access. Altho i guess you could keep the key nearby and if something were to happen you could get to the safe in timely fashion.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.8% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #309
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,625
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Not necessarily. I assume your front door isn't made out of cardboard.

Depending on the sort of safe, you should have ample time.

There's also trigger locks, I guess, for a non-safe solution.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #310
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 29,788
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Not necessarily. I assume your front door isn't made out of cardboard.

Depending on the sort of safe, you should have ample time.

There's also trigger locks, I guess, for a non-safe solution.
Makes sense. Like i said, i really dont know. Dont own a safe as i just dont see the need at the moment.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.8% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #311
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post
Question for you guys. I've been the the range and my kids really enjoyed shooting the .22 rifle. They didn't like the 12 gauge shotgun because it was too heavy and the kickback was too much for them.

I'm thinking of getting a handgun, a .22 rifle, and a shotgun. I have kids so I am buying a gun safe or cabinet to stow the guns and ammo. So my question is, if my guns are locked in the safe how can I safely store/use the handgun for defense if, God forbid, the need ever arises?
Most Taurus handguns have a lock on them that requires a key. Both of mine came with a little key that inserts into the side of the gun and can lock or unlock it. When it's lock the slide doesn't move no matter what.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #312
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
anyone got any good .22 rifles in mind?

im also think of getting another revolver in the future.
what are the recommendations from my fellow Hype gun owners?
You can't go wrong with the Ruger 10/22. Accurate and very reliable. Plus, you can get all kinds of tacticool items for it.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #313
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,772
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll keep the trigger lock and built in key lock in mind when I go to the gun store. I'm thinking of getting a Marlin .22 semiautomatic rifle.

I really love the look of revolvers. At one store I saw a revolver rifle looking thing that was beautiful.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #314
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll keep the trigger lock and built in key lock in mind when I go to the gun store. I'm thinking of getting a Marlin .22 semiautomatic rifle.

I really love the look of revolvers. At one store I saw a revolver rifle looking thing that was beautiful.
the Marlins are very nice... i have a Marlin model 60 and a Marlin 795... both are very enjoyable to shoot, and my wife loves the model 60

revolvers are nice too. i also have a Ruger 357 Magnum- absolutely beautiful gun- considering getting another revolver or two if i can afford it. maybe something a bit smaller for the wife. she cant and doesn't want to handle the 357... too much power for her.

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #315
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

My younger sister has a Marlin 60 and loves it. She is deadly accurate with it too.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #316
jthom19802
Side-Kick
 
jthom19802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 718
Default Re: The Gun Thread

9mm Glock 24 G4 x 2
.380 S&W Bodyguard
.38 S&W lemon squeeze nickel plated
.22 Ruger rifle w/ interchangeable 30 round clip
9mm CZ Beretta (from when CZ was still made in CZ)

jthom19802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #317
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: The Gun Thread

revolver wise, what are your recommendations?

im slightly privy to the ruger 357 design

funny enough, this is the exact one that i have... didnt even notice it...

personally, i think it's the thicker barrel. ive been looking at other revolvers, and i find myself not too interested in those that have thinner barrels.. i guess to me it has a more threatening look (if that makes any sense)

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #318
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,772
Default Re: The Gun Thread

How is that 357 revolver or any revolver to shoot? Is it crazy loud, strong kickback?

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #319
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: The Gun Thread

the 357 round can have a large kickback and be loud, however this particular revolver also uses the .38 special... i love that ammunition for the 357... not as powerful and most certainly not as loud

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #320
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,772
Default Re: The Gun Thread

I was just looking at the Chiappa Rhino. That gun looks sweet and from the videos there doesn't seem to be much of a kickback. Too bad they are so darn expensive.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #321
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: The Gun Thread

tempted to pick up a Taurus Raging Bull... what are all of your thoughts on that particular handgun?

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #322
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
tempted to pick up a Taurus Raging Bull... what are all of your thoughts on that particular handgun?
I've been wanting to get a Taurus Model 627


it's step down from the Raging Bull. Taurus used to get a bad rap and to a point still do, but they have come a long way and make some great handguns now. I own two Taurus 9mm pistols and in all the years and rounds I have put through them, I have only ever had one issue where I had a jam.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #323
Super Kal
Proud Conservative
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a liberal state
Posts: 47,905
Default Re: The Gun Thread

why do they get a bad rep?

__________________
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome."
Proud Texan
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #324
Kable24
Member of the NRA
 
Kable24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,861
Default Re: The Gun Thread

I think it just comes down to gun snobs bashing it.

__________________
I'm done here.


Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #325
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,772
Default Re: The Gun Thread

Got my first gun. Yay! I got the Marlin 60 .22 LR semi-auto rifle.

Too bad all the stores around here are out of the .22 ammo. lol

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.