2, Sucked major Iron Balls 2 0.35%
1, Hated it! Worst film I've ever seen! 1 0.17%
Voters: 575. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #576
Mekleo33
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread

I am crazy about mythos. I don't think anyone should have been allowed to make a Marvel movie besides Marvel. I know for a fact X-Men was almost ruined because some idiot got control of Marvel's ideas an just went .......Well let's not say X-men is ruined but they have alot to try an repair now.

Mek

Old 05-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #577
Moviefan289
Side-Kick

AMAZING!

That pretty much sets the standards for the next group of super hero movies and I'm starting to worry about the Dark Knight. I have no worries about Ledger's performance because I have faith that that's going to be out of the world and in it's own universe.

In all seriousness though, I believe that this movie truly shook the foundation of all super hero movies. What a perfect balance of action and comedy. There was enough time for us to take a breath during the action and during the drama there was enough humor in there to keep it from being too emo.

They also did amazing with the enemies. The Iron Monger was a truly believable enemy for the origin story and I'm happy they didn't go with someone like Mandarin or Crimson Dynamo. CD would have worked, but we're kinda outta the "I hate Commies" era.

The acting was top notch and there were tons of nods towards other characters in the universe that I look forward to. After Downy's preformance here, I really look towards the chemesty between him and Cap America when and if they make the Avengers (Initiative ) Movie!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #578
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb-Man View Post
Iron-Man was awesome! One of the best Marvel or Super hero movies yet! Iron-man proves that it doesn't have to be Superman, Batman, or Spider-Man to succeed. With Marvel in control of their projects I believe we will see better Marvel Films!
Aloha,
I would have to agree with you. With Marvel producing their own films, there is no reason for them NOT TO stick with the essence of the comic book.That's what makes a good if not great super hero movie. Can't wait for IM2.
Spidey rules

Old 05-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #579
Killing Joke926
Banned User

I just saw the flick this morning and I gotta say, it was indeedly awsome. Great visual effects, decent story line, excellent dialogue, and pretty much everything else what Downey Jr. and Bridges gave to perfect the film the best way possible. The only thing that seemed a little off was Tony's personal vedettas: I was hoping to see him as a raging alchoholic like in Demon in a bottle to have it seem the villian in the movie was at times himself; LOL it seemed he wanted a cheeseburger more than he wanted a hangover. But it didn't seem to noticable to the fact that Downey was the S*** in the movie that practically made me laugh my ass off and knowing that there will be a sequel. Anywho, this definatly and suprisingly ranks in my Top 5 Favorite comic movies; to those who haven't seen it, get off your lazy ass and go see it. I guarantee only an extreamly action packed film that will have you laughing along the way and give you the satisfaction of a wondeful time.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #580
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotten View Post
This movie is in the top-five of its genre (Superman, Batman, Batman Begins and Spider-Man). It's hard to rank those five.

Oh, and by the way. I need to get this of my chest: I liked X-Men: The Last Stand, i thougth Superman Returns was an ok movie (but far from what it could have been), I like the DC of Daredevil and I love Transformers. Oh, and I didn't mind Jar Jar.....

That felt good. But now no one will ever take me serious again on these boards. Ever...

But I'm in Stark mode. I say what I mean at I don't give a rats ass if you don't like it. Thats how dad did it, that's how the vikings did I think it didn't work out very well so far...

Lol,

Old 05-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #581
Silver S
Side-Kick

I went in to see the movie with the notion that Iron Man was a boring character and I was ready to write the movie off as an epic failure before the first half hour went by.

But I was wrong! I hate being wrong.

Excellent movie; we've finally got ourselves a great super hero movie after many misfires. What a great way to start the summer movie fest!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #582
Spider-X
Big damn hero

I was expecting a fun movie with some good action sense...I was hoping for more, but that's what I expected given how most marvel movies other than X-Men and Spider-Man turn out...I got an amazing movie with great dialog, terrific acting, a strong/cohesive plot, and fantastic action and special effects.

I expected this movie to get around 40-70% on Rottentomatoes.com...at 94% and given the overall quality of this movie, it has blown away my expectations.

I truly love this movie...I saw it on Thrusday and I'm seeing it again in a few short hours. This is the first movie made in-house by Marvel and it's amazing. This means us Marvel fan's have a bright future ahead of us as it appears that Marvel is really taking great care for their product and characters when making the movies themselves. And this movie has everything: comedy, action, suspense, drama...and it does it all very well. I couldn't have asked for more.

This movie has it's flaws, sure..but this movie gets a 10/10 from this astounded fan. If you haven't already, see it immediately!

~ Malcom Reynolds

Last edited by Spider-X; 05-03-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #583
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

This movie was great, well worth paying for
The Suit was amazing, and the CGI used was outstanding
Robert Downey plays the perfect Tony Stark
Terrence Howard is the perfect Rhodey
And what a way to end the movie with the scene at the end credits
Overall this movie will end up being one of the best this year
Cant wait for the next one in 2010

Old 05-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #584
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Wow.

That left me nearly speechless. I haven't enjoyed ANY summer movie that much since Batman Begins back in 2005.

Simply put it was a very well made movie that left a smile on my face. Robert Downey Jr. owned the role and blew me away, like no one else I believe could do so. I think he is probably the best cast Marvel superhero to date. Jeff Bridges is also amazingly good in this movie, turning his typical likable image which he uses at the beginning of the movie on its ear and becoming this venomous monster and watching his transition and realizing it was there all along. Just great. Howard and Paltrow were very good, albeit I don't think Paltrow had enough to do in the movie.

And the movie got the biggest "yeah" factor I've seen out of an audience in a very long time when Iron Man came and raped those terrorists in Afghanistan with the newly made final suit. Just BA.

With that said I think the pacing was a little funky at the beginning and while I thought the final fight was visually cool enough, it left a little to be desired emotionally. But these are MINOR quibbles with what I think is one of the best superhero movies ever. Probably the most FAITHFUL Marvel movie to date (though I'm not sure it's the best), but it knocked my socks off and is on my short list alongside Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2 as the absolute best of superhero movies. If this movie and the final scene after the credits are any indicators, Marvel is about to take multiplexes by storm in an AMAZING WAY.

9/10.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #585
DACrowe
Side-Kick

P.S. It is nice to see a superhero movie that balances a mature tone, but keeps a sense of humor about itself. I hope it is a sign of Marvel's future endeveours.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #586
Tarnish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
P.S. It is nice to see a superhero movie that balances a mature tone, but keeps a sense of humor about itself. I hope it is a sign of Marvel's future endeveours.
I have to agree with you there.

I'd give this sucker an 8 to 8.5, money well spent

Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #587
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I just got back, and loved every minute. I would give it a 9, since the final battle was pretty much standard comic-book-movie fare, while every other moment of the movie was exceptional.

It definitely beats the Spider-man movies for me (which is saying something, because I LOVED Spider-man 2), and I would probably put it right up there with Batman Begins. I don't want to put one over the other since they are SO completely different in tone. But, while I worship Christian Bale, I have to say, RDJ did give the best performance yet in a superhero movie. I just adored Tony Stark, and I look forward to seeing his future adventures, both in and out of the suit. The Incredibles is still my perfect 10 superhero movie, but this and BB are tied for my favorite ones based on a comic.

And for the record, I'm a non-comics-fan, who, up until I saw the trailer for this movie, was completely unfamiliar with Iron Man.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #588
JP
Smelly

Even better the second time. Might actually go again tonight!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #589
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I just got back, and loved every minute. I would give it a 9, since the final battle was pretty much standard comic-book-movie fare, while every other moment of the movie was exceptional.

It definitely beats the Spider-man movies for me (which is saying something, because I LOVED Spider-man 2), and I would probably put it right up there with Batman Begins. I don't want to put one over the other since they are SO completely different in tone. But, while I worship Christian Bale, I have to say, RDJ did give the best performance yet in a superhero movie. I just adored Tony Stark, and I look forward to seeing his future adventures, both in and out of the suit. The Incredibles is still my perfect 10 superhero movie, but this and BB are tied for my favorite ones based on a comic.

And for the record, I'm a non-comics-fan, who, up until I saw the trailer for this movie, was completely unfamiliar with Iron Man.
Nice to see a non-comic fan loving Iron Man. While I'm a huge Iron Man fan since the '80s, my wife and her sister (and brother-in-law) didn't know Iron Man, yet all 3 of them love the movie as well. It's great that Iron Man has such broad appeal to fans and non-fans alike.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #590
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Awesome, awesome movie. Very good. One more viewing & it may replace SM2 & BB as my favorite CB movie. I really liked the end scene with Fury & the set-up for Avengers. Hopefully Avengers will also have Caps, Hulk, Wolverine & Spidey. The only downside to the movie was I lost my wallet in the theater with like 60 bucks in it. I also loved the setup for War Machine too.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #591
X Knight
Watchful Protector

just got back seeing IM with my Dad.......ABSOLUTELY......POSITIVELY.......LOVED IT!!!!! Nuff said.....

Old 05-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #592
Immortalfire
Nothing So Divine
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
The only downside to the movie was I lost my wallet in the theater with like 60 bucks in it.
That sucks

Vartha ~ (1961-2017) Our Mod of Thunder
Old 05-03-2008, 10:43 PM   #593
samsnee
Side-Kick

This movie is definitely better than Spider-man 1 and 3, and to me, even better than 2. Why? Because they didn't rely on the cliche of having the female play the damsel in distress role at the end... heck they didn't even kiss. And the last line of the movie goes against everything most superhero movies have done.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #594
The Sage
The World's Finest

Marvel's best movie to date. Either on par or better than Batman Begins, and this is coming from a Batman fan. That's right I said it...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #595
Spade
Seeking new challengers

I'd still say the first Spider-Man film was better, but that's primarily because I'm such a big Spidey fan. I can see why people are calling this the best superhero movie yet.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #596
30+Dark
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Marvel's best movie to date. Either on par or better than Batman Begins, and this is coming from a Batman fan. That's right I said it...

I quite agree with you. In fact, for me, its better than Begins. I'm a huge Batman fan too...

Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #597
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Spider-Man and Batman are my favorite superheroes. Iron-Man is better than the first spider-man movie, and just about a notch or two below Batman Begins. Great work.

3. LOGAN
4. BABY DRIVER
5. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #598
DACrowe
Side-Kick

For me the best superhero movies goes:

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Batman Begins
3. Iron Man
4. Batman (1989)
5. Spider-Man

I have a feeling TDK (after the newest trailer) will trump them all.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #599
Lazlo Panaflex
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I wouldn't go so far as saying better than BB, better then the 1966 Batman movie for sure but not BB.

I'm more of a Batman myself and Iron Man would be better off compared to the awful Robocop 2 & 3.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #600
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
I wouldn't go so far as saying better than BB, better then the 1966 Batman movie for sure but not BB.

I'm more of a Batman myself and Iron Man would be better off compared to the awful Robocop 2 & 3.
I'll say it was better than Batman Begins. For one the characters were way more interesting, the acting was way better (Paltrow compared to Katie Holmes), and the fight scenes were 1000 times better than BB.

I don't want to trash BB because I liked it, but Iron Man was simply a better movie, IMO and in most of the critics opinions.