The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #451
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

i was worried about the look but now I think she can do it. If she can do a russian accent then I think were in good shape.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #452
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
This thread was 15 pages of *****ing about Scarlett until this Milla tangent... no one is saying to stop saying that Scarlett isn't really right for the role. However, she's officially signed on, so it'd be kinda nice if this was a thread about her and her role in the film, and didn't turn into another fantasy casting thread.

I think it's probably because of that huge picture of her at the top of the page... It's like she's sort've come outta nowhere and announced herself the Queen Of The Thread...

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #453
HailtotheKing
Side-Kick

Quote:
This thread was 15 pages of *****ing about Scarlett until this Milla tangent... no one is saying to stop saying that Scarlett isn't really right for the role. However, she's officially signed on, so it'd be kinda nice if this was a thread about her and her role in the film, and didn't turn into another fantasy casting thread.
Does...not...compute.

You're saying that we are allowed to trash Scarlett for the role but we aren't allowed to say who we like instead. What is the point if you can only say half of what you want to say?

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #454
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Major View Post
Not on Milla's level. The commentaries on Resident Evil 2 which talked about her training was incredible.
So who's to say Scarlett won't get that level of training for this movie?

Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #455
HailtotheKing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
So who's to say Scarlett won't get that level of training for this movie?
In one month? Milla spent months in advance for Resident Evil 2 and 3 and trained nearly a year for Ultraviolet alone. She got into martial arts during The Fifth Element and does it in her own personal time for physical fitness.

Scarlett doesn't have the time to get to Milla's level or any other major female action star for that matter.

In my opinion this is going to be a pure rush job on her which makes me think her role is going to be go from being the most dangerous woman in the marvel universe to being a gold digger involved in coporate espionage.

Last edited by HailtotheKing; 03-24-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #456
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

But wasn't Milla also the star of those movies? We don't even know how much of role BW will have in this film.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #457
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Blunts name was only attached for a week before Scarlett's name was brought up. Who is to say she hasn't been doing training with weapons and some martial arts all this time? Maybe she won't have had as much experience as Milla but she's had plenty of time to learn things.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #458
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailtotheKing View Post
Again, sorry for thinking a naturally athletic Ukranian born actress would be better for the Russian spy character. My opinion is that Milla would crush Scarlett in this role, you aren't going to change my mind.

Hell, just out of a cool "6 degrees of seperation" type of thing with would be awesome for Milla to play Black Widow.

Jackson is Fury, he was in No Good Deed with Milla and she played a criminal that seduces Jackon's character.

RDJ played Chaplin and Milla played his wife.

If Alexander Skarsgård get cast as Thor like so many people want and his dad Stellan Skarsgård gets cast as Odin then that means she would be connected to both the Skarsgårds as well cause Alexander was in Zoolander with Milla and Stellan was also in No Good Deed.
Im not trying to change your mind. Like I said, you can have whatever opinion you want.
But I cant respect your opinion that she should be cast because she has been in movies with other actors in the film.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #459
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Does...not...compute.

You're saying that we are allowed to trash Scarlett for the role but we aren't allowed to say who we like instead. What is the point if you can only say half of what you want to say?
I'm not telling you what you're "allowed" to do, I'm just saying it would be nice.

Feel free to carry on

Old 03-24-2009, 10:29 PM   #460
HailtotheKing
Side-Kick

You didn't respect my opinion that she should be cast because it is Milla Jovovich, hence the reason for your dismissive comments about people actually liking her for the role or that people have to be joking when they suggest her.

ONE of the aspects of why I think it would be cool to cast her would be the connection. There are other reasons why she would be better and I've posted them, you just don't respect Milla and people that like her for some reason.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #461
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid

Quote:
You didn't respect my opinion that she should be cast because it is Milla Jovovich, hence the reason for your dismissive comments about people actually liking her for the role or that people have to be joking when they suggest her.
You're impossible to talk to. You have ignored everything I have said and are making up things and claim I have said it. For the 3rd time, you can have whatever opinion you want. I was just suprised because VERY little people think she's that great. No offence.

ONE of the aspects of why I think it would be cool to cast her would be the connection. There are other reasons why she would be better and I've posted them, you just don't respect Milla and people that like her for some reason.[/quote]Well of course. But I cant respect that you even have that as a factor in your casting.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:40 AM   #462
fu manchu
Side-Kick

Quote:
In my opinion this is going to be a pure rush job on her which makes me think her role is going to be go from being the most dangerous woman in the marvel universe to being a gold digger involved in coporate espionage.
I think that would be up to Favreau's direction and Theroux's writing. I don't think the casting of Scarlett would influence the role of Black Widow in the movie.

Although, I'll admit I could imagine Milla be great as BW, I honestly want to see her in a non-action role. I can't remember the last time I see her in a role that didn't involve her kicking someone's ass.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 AM   #463
Darth Elektra
Film.

Quote:

Milla would have been an excellent choice imo.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #464
Majik1387
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu manchu View Post
Although, I'll admit I could imagine Milla be great as BW, I honestly want to see her in a non-action role. I can't remember the last time I see her in a role that didn't involve her kicking someone's ass.
Dummy and Return to the Blue Lagoon are what I find to be her best non-action roles.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 AM   #465
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
I think it's probably because of that huge picture of her at the top of the page... It's like she's sort've come outta nowhere and announced herself the Queen Of The Thread...

Old 03-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #466
Retroman
Side-Kick

Scarlett is a good actress and a very acceptable replacement imo for Blunt.Hopefully she can prove all the critics wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
For anyone doubting Scarlett's look, take a look at the new cover of Vogue(though it is a tiny pic)
Two more shots of Scarlett with the dark red hairdo taken earlier this month in Milan and this week in London.

Source: Getty Images.com

Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #467
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Scarlett's looking great there, I just hope she has a little more tone to that curvaceous body by the time shooting starts. Either that or she's in costume whenever we see her and it covers up her less than athletic physique.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #468
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm assuming you're referring to weapons training? Didn't ScarJo do a Michael Bay movie? I think she's had some weapons training.
She also did training for Mission Impossible 3 when Joe Carnahan was set to direct. Her part was cut from the script though when JJ Abrams replaced him so we never got to see the fruits of her labor.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:19 AM   #469
[A]
Banned User

*yawn*

Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #470
Philly Phanboy
LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
This must be Black Widow during that stint she was on crack.
Did you ever see the George Freeman take on Black Widow, Terry? Now THAT was Black Widow on crack.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #471
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
Scarlett is a good actress and a very acceptable replacement imo for Blunt.Hopefully she can prove all the critics wrong.

Two more shots of Scarlett with the dark red hairdo taken earlier this month in Milan and this week in London.

Source: Getty Images.com
She reminds me of Molotov Cocktease from The Venture Bros. in those shots, which is basically a parody of Black Widow-type characters anyway. So I'm about 95% convinced already.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #472
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

why is this a mila jovovich thread all of a sudden?

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #473
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Because she's awesome.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #474
Franklin Richards
Banned User

It really doesn't matter how much training she's had. Tim Roth looked like a badass in TIH and I'm sure all he did to work out was lift a pint.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #475
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil_2003 View Post
Because she's awesome.
so are narwhals, but I never saw anyone mentioning narwhals in this thread.

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Last edited by R_Hythlodeus; 03-25-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Closed Thread