The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #426
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Please don't remind me.... Oh and welcome...

Old 04-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #427
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pym. View Post
Would be a shame if the rumours are true about Hawkeye not having much screen time, especially since Renner is the best actor attached to the film.
I remembering seeing an interview with Renner, and he did say he probably has no more than 15 minutes tops of actual dialogue time, the rest he's just with the ensemble. Legolas and Gimli were big fan favorites, but even then, while they had impacting screen presence, their screen time was no where near what Gandalf, Aragorn or Frodo's and Sam's were. But you hardly noticed, so think positive. I'm just hoping his brief scenes are true scene stealers like we were told. Then I'd still be happy.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #428
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pym. View Post
Would be a shame if the rumours are true about Hawkeye not having much screen time, especially since Renner is the best actor attached to the film.
Thats a bold statement considering the company renner is in. I think he's a great actor (gonna be awesome in bourne) but, RDJ, Hemsworth, Ruffalo are at the very very least, as talented as renner with their acting chops.

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #429
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 04-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #430
Nova2113
Side-Kick

^^^ wait hold on... he carries a gun also... nice!!!

Nova2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #431
Cain
I Heart Amazons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Thats a bold statement considering the company renner is in. I think he's a great actor (gonna be awesome in bourne) but, RDJ, Hemsworth, Ruffalo are at the very very least, as talented as renner with their acting chops.
RDJ and Ruffalo are way better actors than Renner if you aske me. While Renner was good in Assasination of Jesse James and The Hurt Locker he still hasn't matched the caliber of acting displayed by RDJ in Chaplin, Ruffalo in You Can Count on Me or both RDJ and Ruffalo in Zodiac yet. However Hemsworth isn't even in the same league as those 3. But then again they''re veteran actors and he's still a rookie at this point.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #432
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova2113 View Post
I was just noticing that as well. His team of SHIELD agents are carrying some impressive weaponry as well. In the first photo, the one on the right is carrying a Kriss Super V and the left one is using an Steyr AUG.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #433
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I've heard from a friend that's seen the movie that Hawkeye has alot more screen time than we think he has. REJOICE!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #434
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
RDJ and Ruffalo are way better actors than Renner if you aske me. While Renner was good in Assasination of Jesse James and The Hurt Locker he still hasn't matched the caliber of acting displayed by RDJ in Chaplin, Ruffalo in You Can Count on Me or both RDJ and Ruffalo in Zodiac yet. However Hemsworth isn't even in the same league as those 3. But then again they''re veteran actors and he's still a rookie at this point.
I don't think it's fair to say Hemsworth not in the same league as them, since he's been in what about 3-4 films?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=542683

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #435
Cain
I Heart Amazons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I don't think it's fair to say Hemsworth not in the same league as them, since he's been in what about 3-4 films?
The guy I quoted said Hemsworth is at the very least as talented as those guys. Where has he proved this? he's a passable actor at best from what we've seen. A guy who's been in 4 movies within the past 3 and only 2 where he was the lead is enough to be in the same league as 3 established oscar nominees? seriously?!?

Like I said he's still the rookie at this time while they're seasoned veterans. We'll see where he goes with is acting but right now; hell no.

Last edited by Cain; 04-14-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #436
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
A guy who's been in 4 movies within the past 3 and only 2 where he was the lead is enough to be on the same leagues as 3 established oscar nominees? seriously?!?
I'm not saying he's in the same league as RDJ, Ruffalo, and Renner, I just don't think he has enough material to be compared to them.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=542683

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #437
Nightwing 52
Things change

From his movie debut in 3 weeks, to his new ongoing series coming out in August!

Last edited by Nightwing 52; 04-15-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Nightwing 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #438
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
The guy I quoted said Hemsworth is at the very least as talented as those guys. Where has he proved this? he's a passable actor at best from what we've seen. A guy who's been in 4 movies within the past 3 and only 2 where he was the lead is enough to be in the same league as 3 established oscar nominees? seriously?!?

Like I said he's still the rookie at this time while they're seasoned veterans. We'll see where he goes with is acting but right now; hell no.
I get that RDJ and Ruffalo are more proven great actors, and I think Renner is also a great actor. Hemsworth has been picture perfect in the roles ive seen him play, albeit alot of smaller roles, but he still pulled them off perfectly. But really the only point of my original post was to say that Renner is not above and beyond the best actor in the avengers, which is what the guy who I quoted in my original post, had said. I agree that Hemsworth is not as experienced as the other guys, but I think, given the work that ive seen of his, he belongs in the company he is in. He hasn't shown me otherwise. (Thor,Star Trek, Cabin in the Woods are the only movies ive seen him in btw)

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:14 AM   #439
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Actually, if I have to step back and take a look, Robert Downy Jr maybe the veteran, but he's like Johnny Depp, tends to play the same character all of the time. Now if I had to choose the cream of the crop in the acting department, I'm going with Jeremy Renner as number one, and this is due to the fact I have seen all of his movies, and he's just superb in anything he does, and he's very versatile, he can do anything. I can't think of anybody else in The Avenger's lineup that could have pulled off Dahmer, except , in my opinion, the second best actor in the series, Tom Hiddelston. I've only seen him in only two movies thus far, but he has a charisma and an intensity that cannot be denied.

I love Ruffalo, but as an actor, I'm not impressed with what I have seen him do so far, not like I have been impressed with Renner.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #440
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm not saying he's in the same league as RDJ, Ruffalo, and Renner, I just don't think he has enough material to be compared to them.
Give it time...

Old 04-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #441
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

Oh holy Renner

Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #442
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Renner was pretty fantastic in The Town back in '10.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #443
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

One of the thing that's great about THE AVENGERS is that is has a nice balance of established stars (RDJ, SLJ and SJ) and up and coming stars like Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, and Tom Hiddleston.

Shadowlord X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #444
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova2113 View Post
Well, bow-and-arrows aren't too useful in shorter distance, so it makes sense for Hawkeye to carry a pistol with him.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #445
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Hemsworth has nothing to prove, the guy exudes charisma and is a great actor, even though he has little experience, I have no doubt that he'll have a very good exposition with Snow White and The Huntsman (there are even talks of a spin off for his character, if the movie works), and he has an interesting leading role in Rush.

Ruffalo has nothing to prove either, just check out The Kids Are All Right, he gives an incredible performance in it (he was nominated to the Oscars for it).

Tim_Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #446
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
Hemsworth has nothing to prove, the guy exudes charisma and is a great actor, even though he has little experience, I have no doubt that he'll have a very good exposition with Snow White and The Huntsman (there are even talks of a spin off for his character, if the movie works), and he has an interesting leading role in Rush.

Ruffalo has nothing to prove either, just check out The Kids Are All Right, he gives an incredible performance in it (he was nominated to the Oscars for it).
Raffalo was also amazing in Shutter Island, although people tent to only remember DiCaprio and Williams in that movie.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #447
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Correct, he was also great in Zodiac, and countless other films. The thing with Ruffalo is that it's effortless, the guy just IS, it's like he's not acting, there's like this easy-going thing, unbelievably cool, down to earth.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #448
terry78
I don't die, fool

I think the fact is that Hemsworth is probably the youngest guy there, isn't he?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #449
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Yup.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #450
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

He'sw actually older than Scarlett Johanson however.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote