The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #601
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
They went off the deep end with their suggestions on who Patrick Wilson was going to play in Ant Man.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #602
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

#6: How did Fury get the Tesseract?

Thats not a plothole and is clearly stated. Howard Stark was shown finding it at the end of Cap, given that he worked with SHIELD it's not a leap to get to Fury having possession of it

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 03-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #603
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
http://whatculture.com/film/10-probl...cknowledge.php

10 problems the MCU has that nobody acknowledges

I don't see eye to eye with every point he made but its fun to look at anyways lol
I actually saw this last night and wanted to post it, just because it's so ridiculous IMO. Seems like he's reaching on a lot and he doesn't seem to really understand what he's talking about at all.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #604
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
#6: How did Fury get the Tesseract?

Thats not a plothole and is clearly stated. Howard Stark was shown finding it at the end of Cap, given that he worked with SHIELD it's not a leap to get to Fury having possession of it
Yeah his complaints/their complaints are ridiculous. And they're complaining about "plot holes" is ridiculous. The whole article is.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #605
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
They went off the deep end with their suggestions on who Patrick Wilson was going to play in Ant Man.
I didnt catch this, where did they make suggestions about Wilson?

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 03-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #606
Huddsy
Side-Kick

I tried reading with an open mind, but it seems like a guy who hasn't done a lot of research on it.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #607
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
I tried reading with an open mind, but it seems like a guy who hasn't done a lot of research on it.
Exactly it's like he's created what he thinks are problems that people are ignoring. Problems that aren't there just things he has his own convoluted view on. Like you said he really is talking about stuff without really knowing much about it. His number 10 problem is that Disney bought Marvel I mean come on haha.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #608
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
http://whatculture.com/film/10-probl...cknowledge.php

10 problems the MCU has that nobody acknowledges

I don't see eye to eye with every point he made but its fun to look at anyways lol
That guy is an idiot and clearly nowhere near a professional writer. He's even insulting people in the comments section when they disagree with him. He's just another butthurt dweller. I wish I had my time back.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #609
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

So is this Marvel special tonight going to be very Cap2 spoilery? I've been doing really good of avoiding all spoilers so I don't want the program to ruin it. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and cover my ears during the Cap stuff haha.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #610
Iceman
Infinity War!

"10 problems with the MCU nobody seems to acknowledge"

10 problems I have with the MCU - why is noone listening to me?! He should join the Hype and stop writing articles if he's not going to offer anything above the level of debate here.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #611
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Hahah I read that article and kind of laughed, some of his points are a bit valid but others are outlandish.

Then, in the comments he's calling people idiots and citing the greatness of MoS and the Nolan BatFilms... So yeah, he's irrelevant.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #612
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Here are the reasons guys, Discuss:

Disney’s Acquisition Of Marvel

Poorly Set-Up Cinematic Universe

Too Much Damn Comedy

Thor 2 and IM3 went over board but the jokes were funny and I laughed, so they did their job imo. I guess some people mistake situational humour and actual cracking jokes. Most of the comedy/humour in those films I have mentioned was mostly situational. Tony was not cracking jokes when Pepper fell nor was Thor when Loki died.

It’s The Producer’s Vision Over The Director’s

Other than Thor: The Dark World and IM2, Feige has been hands off. When they let Shane Black with total control over IM3, fans rioted because the film detracted itself from the so-called 'Marvel' formula. If it wasn't for Feige, this cinematic universe would be non-existent. Even if he's hands on, I appreciate the work he's done.

Nobody Seems To Care About Plot Inconsistencies

The Heroes Are Inconsistent

The Critics Now Live In A Bubble

There’s A New Schism Between Comic Book Fans And Non-Comic Book Fans
Quote:
When Disney took over, the comics were made meaningless. Save for the beginning, Thor was nothing like its comic counterpart: they made up half the characters and completely ignored his time serving as a doctor called Donald Blake. There was no mention of the Holocaust in Captain America, despite that being a major plot point in the comics (95% of the writers/artists were Jewish). And The Avengers got the original team wrong: the roster was supposed to consist of Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Wasp, and – believe it or not – Ant-Man.

The Villains Are Lame

I kinda agree with that to some extent. But Red Skull, Loki, Stane, Winter Soldier, Pierce and Killian have all fared from decent to great villains imo. Malekith was just wasted, he totally sucked

Plot-Induced Stupidity

My opinion on the rest of his reasons?

Last edited by TeeKay; 03-18-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #613
Figs
Banned User

Sorry if already posted.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/mark-...s-romance.html

Quote:
Mark Ruffalo Teases an Avengers Romance
Great to hear he's already done some mo-cap as the Hulk.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #614
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

That article is pretty bad, the comments are equally as bad though lol

also good to hear my favorite avenger is back and already putting in work

Old 03-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #615
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Disney does not interfere with what Marvel is doing, like they don't interfere with Pixar nor will they interfere with Star Wars.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #616
samsnee
Side-Kick

Aren't heroes just as inconsistent as the comics? And I love how he expected every individual hero to get at least two movies before the Avengers. While that might have been nice in a perfect world, I don't think the audience would have had the patience for it.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #617
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Aren't heroes just as inconsistent as the comics? And I love how he expected every individual hero to get at least two movies before the Avengers. While that might have been nice in a perfect world, I don't think the audience would have had the patience for it.
Not to mention the actors aren't sticking around THAT long either.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #618
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Triple H taking a ****? Hahaha

Yeah....on Daniel Bryan.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #619
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That guy is an idiot and clearly nowhere near a professional writer. He's even insulting people in the comments section when they disagree with him. He's just another butthurt dweller. I wish I had my time back.
Lol, he's actually going that far? I agree that the MCU is not perfect and i was a little disapointed by The Avengers, but most of his statements make absolutely no sence. A scism between comic book and movie fans? Fans of comics are accepting the MCU much more easily than they did with the previous X-Men or Spider-Man films.

He does have a point with the villains though, but even then he start complaining about Killian, who was actually decent.

I also don't like how he keeps bringing The Man of Steel up as if it was some misunderstood masterpiece.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #620
Figs
Banned User

I broke down and read that article, 10 problems with the MCU.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Disney merger take place after IM2?

Old 03-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #621
universeman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Sorry if already posted.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/mark-...s-romance.html

Great to hear he's already done some mo-cap as the Hulk.
A romance you say anybody else thinks it's Betty Ross!

Old 03-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #622
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
A romance you say anybody else thinks it's Betty Ross!
I was thinking the same thing. Also, I don't think you need to put that in spoilers.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #623
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
The Villains Are Lame

I kinda agree with that to some extent. But Red Skull, Loki, Stane, Winter Soldier, Pierce and Killian have all fared from decent to great villains imo. Malekith was just wasted, he totally sucked
Malekith was underused, but he didn't suck. The character was well done, he just... didn't do anything interesting. He had no defining moment.

Also, Whiplash was almost a good villain, but as the film neared its end, he just turned into a complete lame. His suit was boring and the final battle was way too quick. Everything before that was good stuff.

"I knew there was something wrong, it just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye, there's something wrong with you."
Old 03-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #624
Homem-Aranha
Side-Kick

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...-62856-p4.html

Read this,it will make you even more excited for the MCU special.
I just LOVE Marvel.It's a great time to be a fan!

Old 03-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #625
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Malekith was underused, but he didn't suck. The character was well done, he just... didn't do anything interesting. He had no defining moment.

Also, Whiplash was almost a good villain, but as the film neared its end, he just turned into a complete lame. His suit was boring and the final battle was way too quick. Everything before that was good stuff.
Regardless if some of his 10 points are true (and I mean if you're going to make 10 points at least a couple of them are likely to be true even by accident lol) that level of article would qualify as terrible even if it was a thread opener at IMDB. There's no point leaving a place like this to read that when we have at least more informed discussions on the subject already.

Closed Thread