The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: Ragnarok

Old 04-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #926
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Man it really feels like what we saw with Hela was just the tip of the iceberg. She oozed so much charisma and chewed up every scene. Even the exposition - I don't think anyone else could have delivered that as well as Blanchett. It just doesn't seem like we got enough of her. Maybe it's all wishful thinking but I really hope she comes back somehow.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #927
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

I'm purposely avoiding the Infinity War threads but I found this link and agree with this list:

http://therealstanlee.com/the-10-mos...s-infinity-war

Happy to see Thor make the list twice.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #928
Finarfiniel
Lady of Lórien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Man it really feels like what we saw with Hela was just the tip of the iceberg. She oozed so much charisma and chewed up every scene. Even the exposition - I don't think anyone else could have delivered that as well as Blanchett. It just doesn't seem like we got enough of her. Maybe it's all wishful thinking but I really hope she comes back somehow.
I have no doubt that if Hela had been played by a lesser actress, she never would have become as popular as she is now. I imagine someone without Cate's charisma and incredible talent would have played the role completely straight and wouldn't have given Hela nearly as much personality and swagger. The exposition scenes where Hela explained Asgard's past reminded me of Galadriel's monologue from the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, no one does epic exposition filled monologues like Cate Blanchett does.

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Finarfiniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #929
Kane52630
New Cydonian User

Old 04-20-2018, 08:47 AM   #930
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
I have no doubt that if Hela had been played by a lesser actress, she never would have become as popular as she is now. I imagine someone without Cate's charisma and incredible talent would have played the role completely straight and wouldn't have given Hela nearly as much personality and swagger. The exposition scenes where Hela explained Asgard's past reminded me of Galadriel's monologue from the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, no one does epic exposition filled monologues like Cate Blanchett does.
Can't imagine Hela played by someone not as good. Just wouldn't have been the same. Cate really nailed it and she could just have done with a bit more time onscreen.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #931
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Damn..... Nice one!

Black Panther - 7 / 10

Justice League - 3 / 10
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #932
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Hey. How goes it. I bought Ragnarok a while go but haven't watched it on bluray yet.

"Sometimes creators draw inspiration from other works and change the details in order to fit their stories. This is not a difficult concept to grasp." - Norse Mythology vs Thor Comicbooks vs the MCU films.
Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #933
Finarfiniel
Lady of Lórien

I miss this board. Where all my Ragnarok homies at? HD? Iceman? Mjolnir? BigThor? Oh hang on, I know where BT is.

Anyone else miss this board? I want Thor 4 to be announced so bad. Following Thor's massive spike in popularity after Ragnarok and IW, he deserves it.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:24 PM   #934
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
The exposition scenes where Hela explained Asgard's past reminded me of Galadriel's monologue from the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, no one does epic exposition filled monologues like Cate Blanchett does.

Incidentally, Peter Jackson supposedly wanted Lucy Lawless for Galadriel but she was pregnant at the time!

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite

Last edited by Milk Tray Guy; 06-08-2018 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:17 AM   #935
Finarfiniel
Lady of Lórien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post

Incidentally, Peter Jackson supposedly wanted Lucy Lawless for Galadriel but she was pregnant at the time!
Thank the Valar that she was. I have nothing against Lucy Lawless, but Galadriel is one of my favourite literary characters of all time and she's just all wrong for that part. LotR was where I became a huge fan of Cate (who is Galadriel), sometimes things just work out for the best.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #936
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Thank the Valar that she was. I have nothing against Lucy Lawless, but Galadriel is one of my favourite literary characters of all time and she's just all wrong for that part. LotR was where I became a huge fan of Cate (who is Galadriel), sometimes things just work out for the best.
I completely agree! I love Lucy Lawless but things definitely worked out for the best!

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #937
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Bad: Thor:TDW
HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote