The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

View Poll Results: What did you think of the Season 3 Finale episode?
Outstanding 2 2.86%
Excellent 4 5.71%
Great 8 11.43%
Good 15 21.43%
Alright 15 21.43%
Average 14 20.00%
Bad 7 10.00%
Horrible 2 2.86%
Terrible 1 1.43%
Apalling 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #376
Sawyer
High King

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 16 "Welcome to the Tombs" Discussion Thread

I hope Holden finds work soon that's more... forgiving.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #377
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 16 "Welcome to the Tombs" Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
He keeps it right alongside his magical shotgun with the unlimited ammo.
Where was it when they needed it most?

Could have saved them a trip to crazy town of Morgan, but then we wouldn't get Michonne character development or quips.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #378
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I'm fully ok with what Carl did. He said drop the gun, not walk closer to me and hand me the gun.

I assumed the kid was inching towards Carl to grab him. I'm fully convinced Carl did the right thing.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #379
Kane52630
Technologic User

I remember way back when they mentioned that Woodbury/Prison would take up 2 seasons and we finally see how it's shaping up. It was a decent episode but it wasn't their strongest one. It's a damn shame that they let Andrea go when they could've given her the comic accurate portrayal.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #380
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
So looking back the fatalities this season were mostly red shirts and characters fans have been complaining about or became fans of because they did absolutely nothing or had no storyline.
I wouldn't say that. Lori was a godawful character, but her death completely changed Rick and Carl from this point forward, not to mention Judith, who's not only going to grow up never knowing her mother, but an entire world that existed before she was born.

We didn't see Duane's death, but we saw how it ruined Morgan and helped bring Rick back at least somewhat into reality.

The deaths of the nameless Woodbury soldiers - and the one survivor - effectively finished Woodbury. And who knows what turns the Governor's two surviving soldiers into.

Carl killing the boy with the gun is obviously a major plot point as to wherever they're planning to go with Carl.

We lost T-Dog, who, despite being criminally underused, was one of the hearts of the group. That was a big loss.

The deaths this season had significance, even if they weren't major names.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."

Last edited by danoyse; 03-31-2013 at 11:49 PM.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #381
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Where was it when they needed it most?

Could have saved them a trip to crazy town of Morgan, but then we wouldn't get Michonne character development or quips.
Or the cat decoration.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
Old 03-31-2013, 11:50 PM   #382
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I remember way back when they mentioned that Woodbury/Prison would take up 2 seasons and we finally see how it's shaping up. It was a decent episode but it wasn't their strongest one. It's a damn shame that they let Andrea go when they could've given her the comic accurate portrayal.
That's what pisses me off the most, they had the perfect opprotunity to repair and mend the Andrea character to her comic status when she was separated from the group, but nope.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #383
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Who wants to take bets we get a new Andrea and she will be a lot closer to her comics counterpart. Of course she won't be called Andrea.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #384
Sawyer
High King

I wonder if, with The Governor extending past S3, we might see his initial comics introduction done (almost) intact. I can see it now...

Rick and Michonne go out on a supply run. They encounter a semi-large group, who tell them they'll introduce them to their leader. The leader steps forward. "Well... fancy running into you two again." End credits. Next episode: Rick minus one hand. Michonne getting messed up as all hell.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #385
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/318570228978176000

Chris Hardwick‏@nerdist
Delighted by the immediate proliferation of "Chatanooga Bob" twitter accounts. Thanks for a super fun @AMCTalkingDead season! I'll miss you!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #386
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Or the cat decoration.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that. Lori was a godawful character, but her death completely changed Rick and Carl from this point forward, not to mention Judith, who's not only going to grow up never knowing her mother, but an entire world that existed before she was born.

We didn't see Duane's death, but we saw how it ruined Morgan and helped bring Rick back at least somewhat into reality.

The deaths of the nameless Woodbury soldiers - and the one survivor - effectively finished Woodbury. And who knows what turns the Governor's two surviving soldiers into.

Carl killing the boy with the gun is obviously a major plot point as to wherever they're planning to go with Carl.

We lost T-Dog, who, despite being criminally underused, was one of the hearts of the group. That was a big loss.

The deaths this season had significance, even if they weren't major names.
I wasn't trying to say they were insignificant rather an observation on what they were to most fans. The red shirts comment was directed at Woodbury's people and Allen and Ben (seriously wasted potential), while the characters fans complained about was about Andrea and Lori, and of course the last one was aimed at T-Dog. Though their deaths did cause development, it felt like the writers were appeasing them by kind of cleansing the cast in a sense.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #387
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Considering Kirkman himself says he regrets taking Rick's hand, I doubt the show will ever do it.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #388
Kane52630
Technologic User

Quote:
Who wants to take bets we get a new Andrea and she will be a lot closer to her comics counterpart. Of course she won't be called Andrea.
The chick who survived Gov's attack? probably lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I wonder if, with The Governor extending past S3, we might see his initial comics introduction done (almost) intact. I can see it now...

Rick and Michonne go out on a supply run. They encounter a semi-large group, who tell them they'll introduce them to their leader. The leader steps forward. "Well... fancy running into you two again." End credits. Next episode: Rick minus one hand. Michonne getting messed up as all hell.
Would love to see that happen.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #389
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

The finale wasn't great, but it was more emotional and I felt a great counterpoint to Season 2's. But of course something will have to happen to get them to move on from the prison, so the Governor's vengeance shall be great I think.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #390
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

I wonder if next time we see Morrissey he's gonna be rocking the comics beard and wild hair.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #391
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Considering Kirkman himself says he regrets taking Rick's hand, I doubt the show will ever do it.
Eh... he's not the showrunner.

If not that, Rich needs to lose something. Take one if his eyes. He and the Gov could be eyepatch buddies!

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #392
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
You mean Beth.

But seriously, if that were to happen I wouldn't be happy about it, but at least it's something.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #393
Kane52630
Technologic User

Reading the past few pages, I find it funny some people actually believe the 27 dead count when Andrew said he misspoke days later. lol

Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #394
Sawyer
High King

It wouldn't be any different than how they've turned Hershel into "Better Dale".

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #395
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Now that I think about it more, I say make Beth the new 'Andrea'. Do it now!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #396
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

I severely doubt it. Rick losing his hand isn't going to happen. Kirkman didn't like what it did to the comics, AND it'd be a pain in the rear to continually portray Andrew Lincoln without a hand on TV. And on top of all that, we've already had a handless character in Merle. It's. Not. Happening.

Meanwhile, we got snippets of the Governor's comic interaction with Michonne in his dealings with Maggie and Andrea. I'd bet they chose not to go the rest of the way down that path because they thought it'd be a little too graphic.

The Governor will certainly come back with a vengeance... but he's NOT going to be going down the original comic book road. If anything... I think it's far more likely that he goes MIA for awhile and then turns up with the TV show incarnation of the Saviors, or something like that.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #397
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Reading the past few pages, I find it funny some people actually believe the 27 dead count when Andrew said he misspoke days later. lol
Walking Dead's Facebook posted the same number earlier today. I thought that was weird.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #398
Zanham
Banned User

It kinda seems like the show almost ended because there is no real threat for season 4. For all most people this was a 'happy ending,' and for Andrea detractors it was glorious.

After season 1, the threat was clearly the walkers. After season 2 it was still the walkers with the looming shot of a prison that is always threat inducing. After this finale, they do seem to have the walkers under control and the Governor has just two henchmen left and disappeared. The biggest threat looks like a shortage of supplies at Rick & the Gang's Post Apocalypse soup kitchen.

Very mellow season finale, let's hope my own personal mind don't get warped enough over the next six months to not have continued interest.

Zanham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #399
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanham View Post
It kinda seems like the show almost ended because there is no real threat for season 4. For all most people this was a 'happy ending,' and for Andrea detractors it was glorious.

After season 1, the threat was clearly the walkers. After season 2 it was still the walkers with the looming shot of a prison that is always threat inducing. After this finale, they do seem to have the walkers under control and the Governor has just two henchmen left and disappeared. The biggest threat looks like a shortage of supplies at Rick & the Gang's Post Apocalypse soup kitchen.

Very mellow season finale, let's hope my own personal mind don't get warped enough over the next six months to not have continued interest.
They can't end every season with a looming threat, though. At this point our characters have been dealing with walkers for well over a year - it makes sense that they're not some sort imminent threat anymore. We end this year with them settling in, and we enter next year dealing with a legitimate post-apocalyptic society rather than a group on the run. Which makes sense. They can't run forever.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #400
Kane52630
Technologic User