The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #126
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha View Post
I realized yesterday I'm a MOS-aholic

Anyway, I think now is the time to stop seeing new stuff before I really spoil the movie one footage too many. Have fun guys! I'll be back once I've watched the movie, and here's hope we will all be in heaven by that point
Bye dude, I bet you'll find June 14th comes quicker since you won't be looking on the boards each day. Wonder who else will be going dark and taking a break from the forums before release

Old 05-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #127
Misha
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you guys!!

Hope you enjoy the new poster

Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #128
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Has anyone heard anything through the grapevines when the cast will start making the talk show rounds?
I haven't heard anything but they likely start towards the end of the month. About 2 weeks maybe.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #129
Misha
Side-Kick

Old 05-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #130
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

I like it, although I really want to see some villain posters and of course a Superman VS Zod poster.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #131
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
They should have JJ Abrams direct a Green Lantern movie. I think they should have 3 characters established before JL. Batman is established whether they reboot him before or after the JL movie, everyone knows Batman. Superman will be established because of MOS and even without MOS people know Superman. Then I really think they should either have a Flash, GL, or WW movie before JL, and I think that a Green Lantern movie has the most potential of being a big box office hit IMO. Abrams seems to have a good grasp on the whole space/alien concept and I think he is a very talented dude. A good Green Lantern could do numbers, of course, good superhero movies in general can do good numbers, so WW and Flash could be hits too.
They do. Batman, Superman and Green Lantern. and neither Batman nor GL need a new origin film because their origins were already recently told, albeit, not in the same continuity. (as far as we know)

Old 05-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #132
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Blur and lens flares!! :P

Old 05-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #133
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Blur and lens flares!! :P
Though better use here.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #134
Sysmatic
Visuasys

I dig the perspective on that poster. They still are really overdoing it with the motion and radial blur effects.
The colors feel a bit washed out aswell

Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #135
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Meh, personally I prefer the two posters before this. I don't like this one at all.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #136
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Yessss Man if Steel TV spot just came on during the FA cup final

Edit: this is the first one I've seen on TV

Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #137
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I... like (maybe even love) the new poster. Simple. Quite beautiful. Flying into the sun. Dat cape. Best one of this new batch so far (the last one would have been better without the massive 'S').

Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #138
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I was like what, I then realized you are in the UK and they showed nothing here in the States.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #139
hopefuldreamer
Clark Kent > Superman

Quote:
Wooop!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #140
G.Godfrey
Banned User

It's like they couldn't decide which design to pick as a poster and said f*** it, let's just release all of them!

But I would really like to see some good character posters. So many big names and awesome characters to feature. Hangover 3 has a chicken poster and a giraffe poster so I'll be pissed if we don't get a Jor-El and a Zod poster anytime soon.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #141
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

The stretch blur on these posters is awful. Honestly I haven't seen a poster yet that I've liked for MOS. I feel like I could make these posters, and that's not a compliment - I suck with image manipulations.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #142
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:

Edit: this is the first one I've seen on TV
Nice!

Which one?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #143
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The stretch blur on these posters is awful. Honestly I haven't seen a poster yet that I've liked for MOS. I feel like I could make these posters, and that's not a compliment - I suck with image manipulations.
I kind of agree sadly I do not like the blurry stretchy mess. It looks like a low quality fan made poster.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #144
DarthSkywalker

Remember when someone told us there was character posters like two months ago? Yeah...

Old 05-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #145
Glassjaw
In training

Is that tubing on this shoulder? There's not normally something there is there, just the normal blue of the costume?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #146
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I think it's just the "smear" setting. Why no Superman vs posters?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #147
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

WB: We need something sucky.
Intern: Why?
WB: Because if something isn't flawed, this movie will be criticized with unbeatable hype, not allowing for our Justice League movie!
Intern: Why not a World's Finest flick?
WB: A what?
Intern: Nevermind
WB: We had a sucky teaser, a sucky lack of advertising for months, now we want to improve. We'll let Zack fill out his workload and give us some good trailers.
Intern: But you said..
WB: I KNOW!! SUCKY POSTERS that with shots from previous footage, with heavy grain, lens flair, and Superman doing nothing cool except flying around!
Intern: Sigh
WB: Now that we have our sucky element out of the way, we can give the fans some kewl tv spots, interviews, and images!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #148
DarthSkywalker

The worst thing about the poster is the cape.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #149
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Remember when someone told us there was character posters like two months ago? Yeah...
They were OKed by WB two months ago. I can back Pony Boy on that. Not sure why they decided to release them towards the tail end but its not uncommon.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #150
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Looks like my Ramen

Closed Thread