The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #926
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Chances of a new spot tonight?
Why? Anything going on you think could lead to one? Aren't the conference finals starting on Tuesday? I bet we'll get a new wave of TV spots starting then if not before.

And I still think we might get a Nokia trailer.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #927
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He's right. Dev-Em sneaks aboard and murders all the crew except Kara.
Awesome (kinda, lol), thanks for sharing the info!

Quote:
Nice! Recommended reading given it is an actual prequel to the film. The story is by David Goyer, Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder.
Nice! According to Goyer he was on set quite a bit doing rewrites. I'm sure Snyder made some changes to the story for Goyer to write in.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #928
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Great team! Love me some Geoff Johns, and am curious to see Zack's influences on actual comics.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #929
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Awesome (kinda, lol), thanks for sharing the info!

Nice! According to Goyer he was on set quite a bit doing rewrites. I'm sure Snyder made some changes to the story for Goyer to write in.
No prob mate!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #930
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
So...
The "Fortress" is actually Kara's crashed ship and both her and Dev-Em could of survived.

Also the ship is sending a signal to Clark who his working north of Canada to locate it.

Seriously though, Jor-El might be alive in the sense the master key Clark has could activate a Growth Codex and create another Jor-El from a frozen embryo on the ship
There were rumors a couple years ago that a Kryptonian has been on earth for a long time and has been watching Clark. My guess is it's either Kara or Dev-Em. We know Dev-Em has been cast, so it's likely that Kara died at Dev-Em's hands when the scout ship emergency landed on Earth and he's been living on Earth this entire time.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #931
Smallville13
Side-Kick

OK this is definitely interesting. So Dev-Em may be the Kryptonian sleeper agent afterall on Earth.

And Jor-El may be genetically recreated on Earth from the codex with his memories intact.

OK... Really not sure how I feel about all this. Snyder has said that they're pushing what they can alter with the origin. This could be too much. I'll reserve opinion until I see it though. But color me concerned.

So instead of omnipresent ghost Jor-El giving Clark lessons. We have flesh and blood Jor-El actually interacting with Clark. Hmm...

Old 05-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #932
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

I just woke up right now. Did I miss anything?

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 05-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #933
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
There were rumors a couple years ago that a Kryptonian has been on earth for a long time and has been watching Clark. My guess is it's either Kara or Dev-Em. We know Dev-Em has been cast, so it's likely that Kara died at Dev-Em's hands when the scout ship emergency landed on Earth and he's been living on Earth this entire time.
Maybe. The last panels of the comic show I guess an Eskimo tribe of that region hunting around where the ship crashed and inside their tent are murals drawn detailing the crash landing and worshipping the House of El insignia..

I'd think that if Kara died and Dev-Em survived he'd use a Growth Codex to create more Kryptonians on Earth to help terraform it but that doesn't happen...

Old 05-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #934
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I just woke up right now. Did I miss anything?
Jor-El lives/dies.

Thanagarians live/kill.

Supergirl lives/dies.

Dev-Em lives/kills.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #935
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Yeah..NextNolan missed this:

Old 05-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #936
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
So Kal-El is not the first Kryptonian/alien on Earth?

Quote:
Maybe. The last panels of the comic show I guess an Eskimo tribe of that region hunting around where the ship crashed and inside their tent are murals drawn detailing the crash landing and worshipping the House of El insignia..

I'd think that if Kara died and Dev-Em survived he'd use a Growth Codex to create more Kryptonians on Earth to help terraform it but that doesn't happen...
Couldn't they have been worshipping the existence of the ship, not necessarily having made contact with an alien?

I guess I may have missed some spoilers, but is this 'sleeper agent' thing confirmed?

Old 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #937
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Thanks! Some great new footage in the first 40 seconds. And I'm glad they're reassuring that scope is truly big and we haven't seen nothing yet. June 14th cannot come any sooner!

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 05-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #938
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I really enjoyed that comic

Superhero nerd.
Writer for @GalvNews. Bylines: @WashingtonPost, @BuzzFeed, @MovieViral.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #939
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
So Kal-El is not the first Kryptonian/alien on Earth?
Nope.

Quote:
Couldn't they have been worshipping the existence of the ship, not necessarily having made contact with an alien?

I guess I may have missed some spoilers, but is this 'sleeper agent' thing confirmed?
Their murals show the El shield so they would of either had to come in contact with Kara or board the ship to find her body.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #940
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

What if.. Kara lives, but is too afraid to do anything on earth, and only gets reassured once Superman appears? And we see her in the sequel?

Old 05-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #941
Smallville13
Side-Kick

This flesh-and-blood Jor-El on Earth seems like it will be a big reveal in the film. I really might be drawing the line here. The more I think about it, the more I despise the idea.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #942
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Their murals show the El shield so they would of either had to come in contact with Kara or board the ship to find her body.
Kara's dead already? She just got here! We just found out she existed and now she's already dead?

Old 05-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #943
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Quote:
How does every single piece of footage manage to look good?

Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #944
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
This flesh-and-blood Jor-El on Earth seems like it will be a big reveal in the film. I really might be drawing the line here. The more I think about it, the more I despise the idea.
They all moved to Earth! Jor-El, Kara, Krypto, Comet...

Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #945
Project862006
Banned User

joel edgerton for katar hol

Old 05-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #946
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Kara's dead already? She just got here! We just found out she existed and now she's dead?
We don't know.

The last time you see her she's in the pilot seat trying to land the scout ship when it crashes on Earth. After it settles you see a figure leave the ship and then over the years the snow and ice covers everything.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #947
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
How does every single piece of footage manage to look good?

Old 05-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #948
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
We don't know.

The last time you see her she's in the pilot seat trying to land the scout ship when it crashes on Earth. After it settles you see a figure leave the ship and then over the years the snow and ice covers everything.
Ah, okay. Thanks. Well, if she's on Earth already then it would be nice if she went and lived with the eskimos/Inuit or something.

Quote:
What if.. Kara lives, but is too afraid to do anything on earth, and only gets reassured once Superman appears? And we see her in the sequel?
Could be the case.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #949
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Oh Snyder, you rascal.

My body is ready for this film.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #950
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Just some random musings. Will post this in the "GIRL OF STEEL" Thread as well.

It's possible Kara could've gone into one of the nutrient cryo-sleep pods as the ship crashed. It'd basically serve the same function as an airbag, only it'd have to be deflated (read "deactivated") from the inside.

Plus, given that the pods seem to preserve the people inside, she'll retain her age. The question is why would the Jor-El AI (yes, I'm pro-Jor-El dying, sue me ) not reveal Kara's presence on the ship?

We obviously know that, since this ship IS the Fortress of Solitude that it left Krypton AT LEAST 5-7 years before it's destruction. Therefore Jor-El and Lara must have stayed behind after launching Kal-El into space.

Maybe Jor-El followed the Codex signature of Kara's explorer ship to the Sol system (by the way, how would the Kryptonians know that our system would be called the "Sol system"? Were they already aware of human life on Earth and simply adopted the name for the sake of convenience?) so that's how he knew to send Kal-El along that trajectory?

Closed Thread