The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #151
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEs3tpancQ

Public Enemy, "Truth Decay"; Most of My Heroes..., best alternative hip-hop album this year..
shameful that no video stations or radio channels play it at all.. far superior to Chief Keef, et al...

Old 09-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #152
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I'm liking Talib Kweli's Attack The Block

Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #153
kaypain
Side-Kick

Me and my cousin playing some classic Lupe!

Superstar:

Kick, Push:

Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #154
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypain View Post
Me and my cousin playing some classic Lupe!

Superstar:

Kick, Push:
Good stuff

Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #155
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

Going to see Aesop Rock live tonite in Nashville! BAZOOKA TOOTH BABY!!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #156
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Anyone eff with MGK? I listened to a leak of his debut, one word to describe it is struggle. Not because I couldn't ,is ten to it but more of his struggle to concoct this album I've also heard he really had no involvement from Diddy (the one who got him a record deal with Bad Boy)

Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #157
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

I don't need to hear Puff on any tracks anyway. Dude is annoying. Album is good though. But Macklemore's The Heist blows it out of the water. Album of the Year, for me. Check it.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #158
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
I don't need to hear Puff on any tracks anyway. Dude is annoying. Album is good though. But Macklemore's The Heist blows it out of the water. Album of the Year, for me. Check it.
I meant promotion and things like that, he said a couple interviews that Diddy didn't really support his movement.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #159
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMaNiAx View Post
Anyone eff with MGK? I listened to a leak of his debut, one word to describe it is struggle. Not because I couldn't ,is ten to it but more of his struggle to concoct this album I've also heard he really had no involvement from Diddy (the one who got him a record deal with Bad Boy)
Huge MGK fan here. D3mons with DMX is sick.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #160
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMaNiAx View Post
I meant promotion and things like that, he said a couple interviews that Diddy didn't really support his movement.
Yeah, I'm thinking Puffy didn't really want MGK on his label and since Bad Boy is apart of Interscope, Jimmy Iovine made Puffy put MGK on the label. The same thing with Yelawolf with Shady.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #161
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking Puffy didn't really want MGK on his label and since Bad Boy is apart of Interscope, Jimmy Iovine made Puffy put MGK on the label. The same thing with Yelawolf with Shady.
I never knew that. I have been a fan of some of MGK's music and his personality keeps me intrigued but it's kind of shock to see how Puffy could not support MGK.

By the way what did people think of this year's cypher. The only ones I truly rewinded was the Ruff Ryders, West Coast and the RZA hosted Cypher with Childish Gamibino, Joey, A.S.A.P. Rocky. Grand Hustle was decent but not a big fan of some of the verses.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #162
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
I never knew that. I have been a fan of some of MGK's music and his personality keeps me intrigued but it's kind of shock to see how Puffy could not support MGK.

By the way what did people think of this year's cypher. The only ones I truly rewinded was the Ruff Ryders, West Coast and the RZA hosted Cypher with Childish Gamibino, Joey, A.S.A.P. Rocky. Grand Hustle was decent but not a big fan of some of the verses.
Totally forgot about the ciphers this year, the only I saw was the west coast one. I was there was either gunna be another shady 2.0 cypher or even another GOOD music cypher.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #163
sweetre15
Positive Page

Anyone here checking for good kid, m.a.a.d city by Kendrick Lamar? I'm definitely excited for it

Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #164
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Anyone here checking for good kid, m.a.a.d city by Kendrick Lamar? I'm definitely excited for it
it leaked already, I am thinking this kid is going places he's already got a cosign from the well established west coast hip hop community and his album has been on the watch for the last couple of years. I love the track he did Drake.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #165
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Yeah, can't wait to listen to good kid, m.A.A.d city. Definitely my most anticipated album of the year.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #166
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Couldn't help myself, been following Kendrick for a few years now so I indulged today. That 'Sing about me' song is by itself better than most dudes albums.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 10-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #167
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Couldn't help myself, been following Kendrick for a few years now so I indulged today. That 'Sing about me' song is by itself better than most dudes albums.
Definitely became a Kendrick fan. It would be no surprise if he gets a hip hop Grammy one day.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #168
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Picking this up today, in the traditional way. Album is a masterpiece and deserves to be listened to.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #169
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

On my fourth album listen of good kid, m.A.A.d city. Amazing album. That 12 minute track feels like its only 6. Definitely taking my spot for album of the year.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #170
the last son
Side-Kick

Just listened to Joey Badd A$$ 1999 mixtape and must say I was disappointed. I like the old school feel of it and love the lyrics but outside of a few songs I found subject matter to be same ol same ol. But since he is young he gets a pass from me. I say in about 5 years dude might be a top 5 rapper in the game.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #171
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Just listened to Joey Badd A$$ 1999 mixtape and must say I was disappointed. I like the old school feel of it and love the lyrics but outside of a few songs I found subject matter to be same ol same ol. But since he is young he gets a pass from me. I say in about 5 years dude might be a top 5 rapper in the game.
Yeah, for some reason I couldn't get through that tape.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #172
Slick
Yup

good kid, m.A.A.d city is amazing so far loving the hell out of it. Now my next highly anticipated Rap album Earl Sweatshirt's debut whenever that comes next year lol. He has some great people working on it. http://pitchfork.com/news/47481-earl...-on-new-album/

While we don't know much about Earl's album-- he hasn't announced a title or tentative release date-- he took to Twitter last night to talk about his collaborators and offer some insight into what the record will sound like. The collection's slated to feature, in some form or fashion: Odd Future associates Tyler, Domo Genesis, Frank Ocean, Casey Veggies, Syd tha Kyd and Matt Martians, the Neptunes, Pharrell Williams, Thundercat, Samiyam, the Alchemist, Vince Stapes, Christian Rich, BBNG and Ommas Keith. Phew! And Earl, too. Earl wrote:
"Im just trying to make pretty music. Everyone whose favorite song off EARL was epar or whatever might be pretty bummed. Everyone with 666 or KTA or some sort of stupid hashtag like 'hey look im crazy' in their bio might be pretty bummed too. I anticipate a loss of fans. I also anticipate gaining some... I ****ing love how it sounds. And uhh. Thats what matters... Im gonna go out on a limb and say that you can hear the progression."
He added: "I hope i lose you as a fan if you only **** with me because i rapped about raping girls when i was 15." Amen.

I know some folks don't like odd future but I think Earl is on the rise I hope at least.
Anyway here's a song earl did with flying lotus http://soundcloud.com/wmstrecs/flyin...etween-friends

Last edited by Slick; 10-22-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #173
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
good kid, m.A.A.d city is amazing so far loving the hell out of it. Now my next highly anticipated Rap album Earl Sweatshirt's debut whenever that comes next year lol. He has some great people working on it. http://pitchfork.com/news/47481-earl...-on-new-album/

While we don't know much about Earl's album-- he hasn't announced a title or tentative release date-- he took to Twitter last night to talk about his collaborators and offer some insight into what the record will sound like. The collection's slated to feature, in some form or fashion: Odd Future associates Tyler, Domo Genesis, Frank Ocean, Casey Veggies, Syd tha Kyd and Matt Martians, the Neptunes, Pharrell Williams, Thundercat, Samiyam, the Alchemist, Vince Stapes, Christian Rich, BBNG and Ommas Keith. Phew! And Earl, too. Earl wrote:
"Im just trying to make pretty music. Everyone whose favorite song off EARL was epar or whatever might be pretty bummed. Everyone with 666 or KTA or some sort of stupid hashtag like 'hey look im crazy' in their bio might be pretty bummed too. I anticipate a loss of fans. I also anticipate gaining some... I ****ing love how it sounds. And uhh. Thats what matters... Im gonna go out on a limb and say that you can hear the progression."
He added: "I hope i lose you as a fan if you only **** with me because i rapped about raping girls when i was 15." Amen.
I hope a collabo with him and BBNG happens those guys are ridiculous. You need to check them out.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #174
Slick
Yup

Oh I have and their great another reason to look forward to the album lol

Old 10-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #175
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Oh I have and their great another reason to look forward to the album lol
Their infusion of jazz and hip hop is awesome.