The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Should Cavill's Superman costume include the Red Trunks?
The Trunks stay! 101 48.10%
The Trunks gotta go! 48 22.86%
I don't care if the Trunks stay or go! 61 29.05%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #276
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I wonder if the cape will be this color. One of the banned pictures shows a closeup of the cape and its brighter than how it is in this manip.

We'll see what it looks like in action, but I love that image. Agreed on your take of him looking like Kryptonian royalty.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #277
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Just to put things in perspective, this is how it looks when bad suits happen to people with good physiques. LOL

FAIL

Old 09-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #278
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi View Post
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=96786

Has anyone here asked NORMAL every day people what they think of the suit? I haven't found a single person that likes it other than fan boys.
interesting... the girls don't like it the most... that's surprise me a little.

take note, WB! it's the girl's power that makes the box office record!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #279
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Just to put things in perspective, this is how it looks when bad suits happen to people with good physiques. LOL

FAIL

is he wearing a lips stick? look like a darn pretty girl.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #280
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

That's dumb how the zipper isn't on the edge of the red stripe. Why even put a zipper? The turtle neck and helmet looks dorky too. The WW2 helmet is much better. LOL at the seatbelt buckle.

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Old 09-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #281
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

I always thought it would be impossible to make a worthwhile Captain America suit. And well, it is. Why do they even try? Characters like Wonder Woman and the like should just be wiped from film adaptions altogether.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #282
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
interesting... the girls don't like it the most... that's surprise me a little.

take note, WB! it's the girl's power that makes the box office record!!!
A website called Daily Mail (or something like that) actually had a lot of favorable (not to mention pervy) comments from women regarding HC in the new suit. And HC already has a pretty stong fanbase with the ladies I think. They'll likely come out to support him.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #283
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

It's not hopeless. Just fix the gloves, helmet, neck, and belt.

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Old 09-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #284
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
I always thought it would be impossible to make a worthwhile Captain America suit. And well, it is. Why do they even try? Characters like Wonder Woman and the like should just be wiped from film adaptions altogether.
The suit in the first film wasn't too bad. Not sure what's happening with it in Avengers though.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #285
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post

It's really good for what it is. I'd rather have the classic and it does highly piss me off that it's gone, but it's well done for what it is.
wow!! ok.

guess I just wasn't expecting that reaction from you.......lol.

personally, I kind of like the suit LESS now that I've seen all that piping detail.......or whatever that stuff is called.........

the real test will be to see how well the suit looks like on the actual film, like the 1st teaser trailer or the 1st movie clips........

Old 09-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #286
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It's not hopeless. Just fix the gloves, helmet, neck, and belt.
Cap doesn't look imposing at all in that pic though; and Evans is in pretty solid shape. I don't know man. Say what you will about the new MOS suit, but I think it's a marvel compared to what we could have gotten at the hands of lesser qualified costume designers.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #287
X Knight
Hope

^ is that Cap's new suit in the Avengers up there??

Old 09-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #288
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Yes, really.
Nah...

Quote:
You're merely confused about the term "forced."
You merely don't know how to discuss the costume without telling someone they're confused or don't know something.

Quote:
No, it's distracting because it forces you to look at it. Look up the word.
I know the force well...my schwartz is bigger than yours!! Foreal though, if you thinking that forcing someone to look at the piping means that it's distracting then it really doesn't matter what color it is. It's there to break up the middle, it just does a better job if it's red. Again, when you look at the suit as a whole the most eye catching part of the suit is the shield, as it should be. The piping, regardless of the color, does not distract from the shield.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #289
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
A website called Daily Mail (or something like that) actually had a lot of favorable (not to mention pervy) comments from women regarding HC in the new suit. And HC already has a pretty stong fanbase with the ladies I think. They'll likely come out to support him.
that's good to hear. never thought he is that wellknown though.

well, hope his girlfanbase will increase tremendously then to ensure a good box office result.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #290
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
You merely don't know how to discuss the costume without telling someone they're confused or don't know something.
When someone's confused, I let them know it.

Quote:
I know the force well...my schwartz is bigger than yours!! Foreal though, if you thinking that forcing someone to look at the piping means that it's distracting then it really doesn't matter what color it is. It's there to break up the middle, it just does a better job if it's red.
Yes, to "break up" is to "distract." But you can break up without being "distracting" as the term is used in language generally.

Quote:
Again, when you look at the suit as a whole the most eye catching part of the suit is the shield, as it should be. The piping, regardless of the color, does not distract from the shield.
Actually, it does. Red colored piping distracts considerably from the other parts of the costume. It almost diverts attention entirely, particularly upon initial viewing, because of how new it is to the Superman costume. The dark blue/black piping is much more subtle, while still sufficiently breaking up the costume.

They didn't go with red piping for a reason. And that reason is it doesn't look good. The movie will be the better for it, thank goodness.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #291
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
is he wearing a lips stick? look like a darn pretty girl.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

That's slightly disappointing. They shouldve put on a better muscle suit to accentuate Chris' build.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #292
herolee10
No More Miracles

What I wouldn't do for a second official shot of the suit itself.

IT just feels so alienated compared to the looks that I've seen in the past, and again, I'm not talking about the lack of trunks, just the design of those lines, along with the armbands that he has.

The suit itself isn't something that I'd say could help inspire the image of "hope"; and it really gives off a dark impression when it comes to tone

Old 09-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #293
Elayis
Side-Kick

Quote:

FAIL

To be fair, most superhero costumes look horrible candidly, and under harsh lighting. It's only once some post-production work has been done (filtering and whatnot) that it begins to look cool.

This was even the case before with Captain America, on The First Avenger. Just compare these shots taken during shooting, and what we got in the final film:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 09-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #294
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

From my prospective as a female; I think that this new Superman costume is the first time that Superman actually looks sexy. And I really, really think thats the best thing about the costume. Henry Cavill looks really, really hot in those pictures so good job on that.

The bulge is distracting though so hopefully it comes off better on screen. I wanted no undies but I don't want a distracting bulge that makes me look at Superman's supermen. It's not a perfect costume or exactly what I had in mind but I dig it so far and like all Superhero costumes I think that it will look way better on screen.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #295
SatEL
Banned User

A lot of people are not pleased with Cavill muscle suit, and observed backlash has been unpleasant. A lot of people seem to be irked by the muscle suit.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #296
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

:shrugs:

I don't care what alot of fanboys like. Alot of fanboys defend Batmans costume in TDK or those boring X-Men costumes and I hate them. I think the suit looks good and convincing but to each his/her own. SR's suit looked fine to but I still hear *****ing about it to this very day.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #297
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post

I don't care what alot of fanboys like. Alot of fanboys defend Batmans costume in TDK or those boring X-Men costumes and I hate them. I think the suit looks good and convincing but to each his/her own. SR's suit looked fine to but I still hear *****ing about it to this very day.
I dont like the suit but cant say the muscle suit bothers me to much, I think it comes down to other actors hitting the gym for their role and Cavill and Snyder method just comes across as lazy and cheating.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #298
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:

Agreed people have FAR too much time on there hands if all they can do is ***** and moan about someones costume in a film.
If they hate it that much go make your own film ... oh but thats too hard so I will just stay on my computer and moan and hope they will change it!

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 09-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #299
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

I don't see the laziness EL, Cavill looks in good shape to me. As long as things look convincing on screen I don't care. Again people said that Routh looked too small and I disagreed with them there.

What fanboys love and what I love are often two different things so I can't be too bothered with it anymore. I have no problem with one voicing their displasure of the costume though as I've voiced my displasure for parts of the Catwoman costume just weeks ago. I do think that I went a tad overboard though.

Laziness is everything story and character related about the last Superman flick and laziness is everything about Green Lantern. I'm going to wait for trailers and reviews and the like to see where I stand on this Superman movie. I'm not saying I'm confident that this film is going to be good because I'd be crazy to with WB's awful non-Batman related output, but I'm going to give it a chance.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 09-04-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #300
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
Cavill looked in good shape to me.
He certainly didnt look unhealthy, people were trying to claim he was that tonk even without the muscle suit.

Closed Thread