The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #51
ROBOCOP CPU001

Default Re: Dougherty and Harris

he hate all films..or says he does so he can argue with someone.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #52
Substance D
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOCOP CPU001
he hate all films..or says he does so he can argue with someone.
not really

Old 10-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #53
ROBOCOP CPU001

ah...so i've miss judged you?

Old 10-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #54
Substance D
Side-Kick

Quote:
ah...so i've miss judged you?

i love ur batman shortfilm, don't i?

Old 10-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #55
ROBOCOP CPU001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance D
i love ur batman shortfilm, don't i?

a bit below the belt there...

Old 10-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #56
Substance D
Side-Kick

Quote:
a bit below the belt there...
then get off my ass

Old 10-23-2006, 12:09 PM   #57
ROBOCOP CPU001

why..you enjoy it so much.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #58
Substance D
Side-Kick

not as much as i enjoy that ^. LOL!!

Old 10-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #59
ROBOCOP CPU001

you must do,you saved the picture.

cool isn't it..

Last edited by ROBOCOP CPU001; 10-23-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #60
blueboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman
Besides the fact that i don't think Nolan will do a Superman movie this not the topic of this thread its really about Dougherty and Harris.
Reread what I said Retroman... I'm giving an example of a combo that should happen for Superman... I'm not saying that Nolan/Goyer should be apart of it...

Old 10-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #61
blueboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosef982
Since when did David Goyer become a good writer? Last time I checked, when left to his own devices, his movies tend to suck...

Doughtery and Harris all the way.

When I mentioned the Goyer/Nolan example.. I meant get a good director and a writer who knows the comics inside and out.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #62
igotatromboner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Krueger
I read comics, watched the cartoons, seen a few George Reeves episodes and seen all the Reeve movies.

Guess what? My idea of who Superman is is no better than yours and vice versa. To say that we don't understand who he is is very condescending.

By the way, I would like to point out that prior to Superman: The Movie, Luthor was merely a one dimensional evil scientist. It's because of Superman: The Movie, which had Lex interested in a business (real estate) that comics went and had Lex build half of Metropolis (which *gasp* requires a love for REAL ESTATE!).
I'm not saying my idea of Superman is better than yours, I'm saying that you should know better. Superman Returns didn't have the characters on screen that have been molded over the past 20 years. Superman was doing what Superman should have done. Lois wasn't Lois. Lex was still a stupid wig wearing evil real estate agent. Singer screwed up. Dougherty and Harris wrote a script that missed parts, big parts, of the characters. We all love Superman here, that's why we're here man but you can't tell me Superman Returns was the best they could do. I'm not a professional writer or director and I would know not to put some of that crap on film.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #63
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
you can't tell me Superman Returns was the best they could do. I'm not a professional writer or director and I would know not to put some of that crap on film.
Well i do sorry .

Did you ever ask yourself if it's maybe you (and others) who just can't appreciate Singer movie?

Seriously it goes both ways.

Imo as a piece of filmmaking it's superb .(with flaws at the begining of the movie in the editing departement , and in the acting: Routh is a little bland imo in his first scenes)We could argue 100000 million times ,it will not change my point of view.And reading you it's doubful that it will change yours ..its' like that..

My point is: that movie divided fandom and moviegoers...let's accept it. everybody would benefit if some simply could accept and respect that some people really loved (or liked ) the movie and that others for their reasons did not. (and i'm sorry for them.i don't wish anybody to have a poor time at the movies.. )

peace .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.

Last edited by Maze; 10-23-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #64
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

But back in topic

If Singer want them , they will find a way to come back.

and i would be quite glad ..Singer is the chief onboard no doubt about that ..but i 'm sure that they "added" some needed (for the Dark Singer world ) lightweight (but clever) moments ,seeing that there were similar moments in X2.

Quote:
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.

Last edited by Maze; 10-23-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #65
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

While I can appreciate the visual style, production values and what Singer/Harris/Dougherty were trying to accomplish, I didn't like their approach, and I thought the basic storyline was flawed.

The idea of Superman leaving earth for five years instantly means having to explain the simultaneous absence/appearance of Clark Kent (which got one line in the movie, as far as i recall, a contrived explanation about postcards being sent somehow on his behalf.. please correct me if you know otherwise). The idea of a child that Lois knows is Superman's instantly rules out the amnesia kiss at the end of SM2 (though most of the general audience won't remember that anyway), and means Lois met and slept with Richard very quickly (within days of sleeping with Superman), or Richard would not believe Jason was his son.

These basic 'issues' with the story make me question whether it was the right story to try to tell convincingly. As a concept it may sound fine, but start to think about the details and it starts to seem a little shaky to say the least.

Not to mention Luther's undesirable black rocks, the inconsistent effects of kryptonite (which varied very conveniently depending on the needs of the story) and the absence of any security on the Fortress of Solitude and its priceless artefacts of a dead civilisation.

I don't know whether it was the short timeframe (they suddenly had the greenlight on the project and just eight months before filming) that allowed these things to go on... but to me the end result just didn't feel right.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #66
igotatromboner
Side-Kick

Exactly. Some of you need to accept that what was put on film was utter nonsense.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #67
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotatromboner
Exactly.Some of you need to accept that what was put on film was utter nonsense.
No.

For you maybe (and some other people )

Good "debate"............

Quote:

Last edited by Maze; 10-23-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #68
Freddy_Krueger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotatromboner
I'm not saying my idea of Superman is better than yours, I'm saying that you should know better.

That's the SAME THING.

If you can't attack SR without attacking Bryan Singer's sexuality, then just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #69
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Ah Xmaniac ,

all the "problems" that you find in the movie are easily explainable imo .

it's getting a little late here i will do that tomorow , excuse me

Quote:
Old 10-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #70
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

Quote:
you must do,you saved the picture.

cool isn't it..
He hasn't read the 1st draft yet.

Wait...neither have you.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #71
igotatromboner
Side-Kick

Nobody here can honestly say that Lex's plan in SR was well thought out and made sense. Nobody here can explain why Superman almost died because of a kryptonite shank, but he could lift an entire island made of kryptonite. Nobody here can explain why Superman left and didn't say goodbye. He's Superman, he always does the right thing. Nobody here can justify Superman's ability to knock-up Lois, and not reveal himself to be Clark. It may be easier to let Richard be Jason's father, but it isn't the right thing to do. Superman always does the right thing. Who decided Lex wearing wigs was something that needed to be on film? That was lame and outdated. How can Superman have a 10 minute struggle with a plane, yet show little or less effort lifting an island. Why was it so easy for Lex to walk right into the Fortress of Solitude? Explain that to me. Go ahead, I'd like to see you try.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #72
Superman4ever!
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029
Has Dini and Timm ever written a feature length movie, beside a cartoon? Not to disprespect what they do, because what I am calling cartoons are indeed fun and well done. I just don't understand why you would think they are the "2nd coming".
yes didni wrote a scriptment for the Live action Btaman Beyond movie that was to be direvted by Boaz Yakin! i would have so loved to see that Film!!

Old 10-24-2006, 09:32 AM   #73
Superman4ever!
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze
Well i do sorry .

Did you ever ask yourself if it's maybe you (and others) who just can't appreciate Singer movie?

Seriously it goes both ways.

Imo as a piece of filmmaking it's superb .(with flaws at the begining of the movie in the editing departement , and in the acting: Routh is a little bland imo in his first scenes)We could argue 100000 million times ,it will not change my point of view.And reading you it's doubful that it will change yours ..its' like that..

My point is: that movie divided fandom and moviegoers...let's accept it. everybody would benefit if some simply could accept and respect that some people really loved (or liked ) the movie and that others for their reasons did not. (and i'm sorry for them.i don't wish anybody to have a poor time at the movies.. )

peace .
Maze your a complete tool that settles for less that was the crappiest film they couldve made with the stupidest concept, so they succeded in that! Singer needs his ASS CANNED!! I WANT A SINGERLESS SEQUEL!!

Old 10-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #74
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

If I see anymore name calling and I will start banning, that means you to Superman4ever!

I'm getting tired of people coming in here to browbeat others just for liking the movie, so you don't like it? That's fine, but you have no right to curse out others who do.

Either debate nice or stay the hell out

Old 10-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #75
GreenKToo
In the fire

They were o.k....I think after seeing X-3 it was the biggest disappointment.It was just a "live action cartoon" with no depth.None of the 3,at least to me,were anything to write home about...but I'd have to say IMHO the 2nd was the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY
I also think that they look like T.V movies.