The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: What Will Cyclops' Fate Be In X3?
Dies At Alkali Lake 280 49.73%
Never Faces A Life-Threatening Situation 14 2.49%
Supposedly Dies Early But Returns In The Final Battle 223 39.61%
Dies In The Final Battle 18 3.20%
Goes On Sabbatical (after Alkali Lake) 28 4.97%
Voters: 563. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:09 AM   #1276
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"

Default Re: Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Yes, and its obvious the main characters have the mugshots, i.e. why Colossus, Mystique, Stacy X, ext aren't there.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:09 AM   #1277
cookiva
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing
absolutely. The promo pick shows him in black leather...the other question that I have...is why is he so close to the top
Either because he is Cyclops, and he has to be (and they will kill him off)

OR

He is vital to the film!!!!

Old 12-06-2005, 01:09 AM   #1278
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon
Somebody help me view the trailer.Nothing I've tried works.I want to see Cyke bite it.
DL the latest updates for Quicktime (free ones)

Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #1279
Another_Fool
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think what still sticks me as odd is that his cast pic shows him in costume from the neck down...hmmmmmm

Which Cast pic are you talking about? And are you sure its not from the previous x-flicks?

Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #1280
Abaddon
Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicks1988
He doesn't bite anything. He screams at the sky in rage and shoots his beam. How is that biting the dust?

You tell me,you saw the trailer.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:14 AM   #1281
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Fool
Which Cast pic are you talking about? And are you sure its not from the previous x-flicks?
did he have a five o'clock shadow in the last X-Men

Old 12-06-2005, 01:20 AM   #1282
Another_Fool
Side-Kick

Quote:
did he have a five o'clock shadow in the last X-Men
If youre talking about the photos on the official website, look closely, thats the same outfit as his jacket. The collar and everything. Black shirt underneath. I'm sorry, but I've got the creepy feeling he will indeed die in this flick.

See, I don't mind necessarily if he dies, but it seems like he will be dying so unceremoniously that it really bugs me. And hell, I'm not even much a Cyclops fan. But knowing the whole Dark Phoenix saga, I was really looking forward to Cyclops playing THE MAIN ROLE for this film. eh. I'm sure this wouldn't have happened if he was available for the movie. I blame Singer for the seeming doom of Cyke, even though I look forward to Superman Returns. He could've easily filled someone else for the character Marsden plays in Returns.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #1283
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"

Again, Cyclops could NOT be an X-Man in this film, but that doesn't mean he won't be in it or dead. He could still be very much in this movie, just not a part of the team.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:24 AM   #1284
Another_Fool
Side-Kick

I certainly hope so. I WANT to be wrong. I want to say when I see the movie that I was dead wrong about Cyke's fate.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #1285
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"

Like someone else said, McKellen didn't film long for X2 just like Marsden didn't for X3. Also, a producer said Cyke played a big part. Dying in the beginning of the movie ain't a big part. lol

Old 12-06-2005, 01:27 AM   #1286
Dugath
Side-Kick

Well from the teaser I can only think that Pheonix killed Scott and gave what was left of him... his glasses to Wolverine.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:30 AM   #1287
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"

Well you can't really tell seeing as they never really show enough. Plus, the mugshots are of all the main characters, Mystique isn't there and everyone knows that she dies, so why is Scott there?

Old 12-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #1288
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

He clearly either dies or gets absorbed.

In the trailer Wolverine finds his glasses floating in mid air after Cyclops screams at Alkalai Lake.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 AM   #1289
xmen-rox!
Side-Kick

I think Cyclops promotional picture is a edited still from the movie. If u look at it closely the suit looks digitaly added in and if he were wearing his suit he wudnt have his sun glasses he wud have the combat specs. also everyone else is looking at the camera, he is just looking down. I think he bites the dust quick and that REALLY SUX! i hope he doesnt die. COMMON Do CYCLOPES JUSTICE!!

Old 12-06-2005, 02:27 AM   #1290
Octoberist
point blank

I saw the samething on that website. Mardsen's picture wasn't done in a studio like the rest of the cast. BS!

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 12-06-2005, 02:37 AM   #1291
Minisinoo
Side-Kick

Guys, first, quit with the wishful thinking. Whether or not Scott "ought" to live has absolutely nothing to do with whether he will. The X-films do not mirror the comics. Saying that they 'just can't' kill him off means nothing. That's opinion, not even reasonable speculation. Back it up with evidence, please.

I've seen nothing from the trailer that convinces me that Cyclops has any more role in this film than he had in that leaked script. As I've pointed out multiple times, at NO POINT has Fox ever -- point blank -- denied his death. They have only said he has a significant role.

Well, you know what? Dying accidentally at Jean's hands and causing her distress/grief enough to lead her to Dark Phoenix IS a "significant role."

"Significant" means important. It is not a synonym for "big" in terms of screen time.

What I see in the trailer is an attempt to make Cyclops' role look bigger than it probably is -- perhaps to pacify fans (who the studio knows are on edge about the lack of Cyclops). If I see any 'conspiracy' here, it's to make the role look more important, not less. They even spliced the same scene so that it appears to be two scenes. As for the red beams shooting in that one section where Storm is leaping down ... maybe Cyclops, but another equally likely possibility is Sentinel fire. It actually appears to be more like the latter. Cyke's beam is usually continuous in the films. Those beams are "bolts" of energy, broken up, not continuous.

So ... Cyke is in no scene that I can tell except the lake. Maybe he does come back at the end, but for now, it's not looking at all good.

(As for McKellen and Marsden having the same time on set, I'd like to see that as hope, but McKellen has a LOT more clout as an actor than Marsden. He can, reasonably, ask the studio to fix shooting schedules around his own schedule if he needs to be elsewhere. Marsden can't. Lack of studio time in his case probably translates to a small role. I also can't help but think of the fact his name is listed down with supporting cast, on the IMDb. And while we all know the IMDb is notoriously unreliable, his name initially appeared with the other stars and was MOVED at the same time other substantial changes were made, including the addition of crew, etc., ... all probably done by someone with some real connection to the production. That backs up the sense that Marsden's role is small.)

Last edited by Minisinoo; 12-06-2005 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:37 AM   #1292
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"

People, use your senses, please. If he bites the dusk so fast, then why oh why did producers say he was a big part of the film AND he was filming on set for a couple of weeks, not just a couple days. For him to filming just one or two scenes over a period of a couple weeks is so stupid its pathetic, especially with the tight and rushed schedule they are under. I mean, hello!? Please oh please do not forget the fact that Sir Ian got ALL of his scenes filmed in a matter of weeks and he had a very large role in X2. So why can't Cyclops here, eh? Leech has a descent role, only shown once in the teaser. Angel has a descent role, only shown once in the teaser. Cyclops, its unknown, and he was shown more than once.

Last edited by StevieNicks1988; 12-06-2005 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 AM   #1293
Octoberist
point blank

Because as a producer, you have the stretch the truth a wee bit.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 12-06-2005, 02:41 AM   #1294
WorthyStevens
Green Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicks1988
Well you can't really tell seeing as they never really show enough. Plus, the mugshots are of all the main characters, Mystique isn't there and everyone knows that she dies, so why is Scott there?
Since when does Mystique die?

I heard she gets injected with the serum, but that's about it.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:43 AM   #1295
Octoberist
point blank

If I was the director, I would have several nude scenes with Rebeca with the makeup. It fits the character, right?

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 12-06-2005, 02:45 AM   #1296
Yellow Cyclone
Pessimist

actually fitting the character, would be doing nude scenes with ALL the actresses....at once

Old 12-06-2005, 02:46 AM   #1297
Octoberist
point blank

Yes. THAT'S THE MONEY MAKER!

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 12-06-2005, 02:47 AM   #1298
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"

Okay then, drop the producer. Marsden went in to film X-Men 3 over a period of one or two weeks, the time in which he had off for SR. If he filmed one or two weeks, you know they were filming more than his Alkali Lake scene, as with the tight and rushed schedule the movie is under. Cyclops, even if he DOES die, I suspect will have a good amount of descent screen time, at least more than 5 scenes, as because like with McKellen in X2, they went ahead and got all his scenes nailed while he was available. Just because the early 6 day rough draft says he died doesn't mean squat and isn't a reliable source, as the script goes through changes every single day of every single week since the beginning of pre-production to even now.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #1299
Octoberist
point blank

i JUST prey to GOD that he dies like a champ. But either way, I don't want him to die, ESP if they're going ahead with X4.

Gambit or not, I want X4 to be Cyclops' movie.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 12-06-2005, 02:51 AM   #1300
StevieNicks1988
FM Mutant "Ledgie"

There is really no proof what-so-ever that he dies, except for the old script, which isn't concrete evidence like most people think it is. Do they show ANYTHING that says Cyke dies? No. Do they show all of the X-Men present at Jean's home neighborhood to prove Scott isn't there? No, all they show is Storm and 3 Brotherhood members. What about the giant ending battle sequence, any indication Scott is not present? No, besides Beast, no other X-Men were shown. He could VERY WELL be in those scenes OR return to save Jean at the ending of the movie. We all know why Jean goes psycho, because of Prof X and the mental blocks, which is likely how she ends up with Magneto, a little brainwashing here and there. Also, the her and Wolvy crying scene could just be her reaction from being dead to being back alive again.