The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film?
Yeah, Scarecrow should be the main villain!!! 27 7.26%
Yes, I think Scarecrow should have a bigger role!!! 211 56.72%
No, Scarecrow shouldn't return. 99 26.61%
I don't really care. 71 19.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
returntovoid
Side-Kick
 
returntovoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,855
Default Should Scarecrow Return In TDKR???

Should Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow return in third film with a bigger role than in Batman Begins and the disappointing cameo in The Dark Knight???

returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back
 
Microchip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,717
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

If it's bigger than TDK and smaller than BB, then yes. Otherwise, I'd probably say no. I don't think he could carry a movie as the lead villain, but he's good enough, and well acted enough to come back again I'd say.

I actually thought his cameo in TDK was good. But I wouldn't want a repeat of that next time around.

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
ronny
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,340
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

I'd love to see him and The Riddler having shouting matches in Arkham Asyum.

ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 13,754
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

I definitly think it would be cool if he returned, but I highly doubt he will for some reason.

__________________
T H E E P I C F I L M G U Y S P O D C A S T
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
returntovoid
Side-Kick
 
returntovoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

I think Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow should create a stronger version of the fear gas, team up with Edward Nygma/The Riddler and be a bigger threat by possibly driving Bruce Wayne/Batman insane with the stronger fear gas in the third Batman film.


Last edited by returntovoid; 08-01-2008 at 01:05 PM.
returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
Twin723
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 231
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

YES bring him back. Cillian Murphy is badass.

Twin723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 13,754
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

I really do doubt that Nolan will bring him back, hes done and overwith with Scarecrow.

__________________
T H E E P I C F I L M G U Y S P O D C A S T
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #8
Mandalore464
New User
 
Mandalore464's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 990
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

As I mentioned in another topic, I would very much like to see the Scarecrow come back. At least with a bigger role, but also, why not, as the main villain.

He's been present in the past two films, being a secondary villain in Begins and having a somewhat anecdotic presence in TDK. I think this gives him an edge: A developed backstory. No need to develop him anymore, he could just be there in the third opus. Have him break out of Arkham at the beginning of the movie, and Here. We. Go.

But I think a lot of people, and I would agree with them on that, think that Nolan's Scarecrow is but a shadow of his real self in the comic books. That's why I think that he should not only return, but also become the Scarecrow we all know about. In full costume, even more psychotic than before (His stay in Arkham between TDK and the third movie could be an explanation to that). He also needs to have a slightly bigger influence.

Plus, as I said before, the Scarecrow is, to me, the exact opposite of Batman. Batman uses fear against criminals for the benefit of innocents, Scarecrow does exactly the opposite: He uses fear against innocents for criminal benefits. I think there could be some interesting themes in this relation, and I think the Nolans would make a good job of making it all very interesting.

Mandalore464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
returntovoid
Side-Kick
 
returntovoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I really do doubt that Nolan will bring him back, hes done and overwith with Scarecrow.
Scarecrow's fate in TDK was not left ambiguous and it was very clear that he gets locked up Arkham....So Nolan might bring Scarecrow back.

returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #10
returntovoid
Side-Kick
 
returntovoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
As I mentioned in another topic, I would very much like to see the Scarecrow come back. At least with a bigger role, but also, why not, as the main villain.

He's been present in the past two films, being a secondary villain in Begins and having a somewhat anecdotic presence in TDK. I think this gives him an edge: A developed backstory. No need to develop him anymore, he could just be there in the third opus. Have him break out of Arkham at the beginning of the movie, and Here. We. Go.

But I think a lot of people, and I would agree with them on that, think that Nolan's Scarecrow is but a shadow of his real self in the comic books. That's why I think that he should not only return, but also become the Scarecrow we all know about. In full costume, even more psychotic than before (His stay in Arkham between TDK and the third movie could be an explanation to that). He also needs to have a slightly bigger influence.

Plus, as I said before, the Scarecrow is, to me, the exact opposite of Batman. Batman uses fear against criminals for the benefit of innocents, Scarecrow does exactly the opposite: He uses fear against innocents for criminal benefits. I think there could be some interesting themes in this relation, and I think the Nolans would make a good job of making it all very interesting.
I totally agree.

returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 13,754
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntovoid View Post
Scarecrow's fate in TDK was not left ambiguous and it was very clear that he gets locked up Arkham....So Nolan might bring Scarecrow back.
Regardless of what any of you say, I would like to see it happen yes, but is it going to NO.

__________________
T H E E P I C F I L M G U Y S P O D C A S T
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman
 
Ziggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The T-dot!
Posts: 6,803
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

I would also like to see it happen...But I would prefer some other villains...

__________________
Beware of Cookies bearing Fortune -Fortune from Fortune Cookie

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!


Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Ziggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #13
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 13,754
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Plus Murphy was only signed for two films anyways.

__________________
T H E E P I C F I L M G U Y S P O D C A S T
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #14
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman
 
Ziggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The T-dot!
Posts: 6,803
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Plus Murphy was only signed for two films anyways.
...Then get a new actor...

__________________
Beware of Cookies bearing Fortune -Fortune from Fortune Cookie

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!


Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Ziggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 13,754
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyman View Post
...Then get a new actor...
that would be complete bs and I wouldnt agree with that at all, Murphy is what made that role (obviously mostly in BB), Im sick of all this bs about re-casting, I was glad when they replaced Katie with Maggie, but no more re-casting, it takes away from the characters quite a bit in my opinion.

__________________
T H E E P I C F I L M G U Y S P O D C A S T
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #16
Twin723
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 231
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

^Yeah don't recast for any of the parts. Murphy made the role for me too. If there's no Murphy, then I don't wanna see Scarecrow return. But I would like Nolan to bring back Murphy/Scarecrow somehow..

Twin723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #17
returntovoid
Side-Kick
 
returntovoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

If Murphy signed on for the second film, then he must be enthusiastic to play Scarecrow again.

returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #18
Mandalore464
New User
 
Mandalore464's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 990
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

I don't really want any recast either, although they could just take another actor and leave the character in full costume the whole time. I kind of like Murphy's interpretation so far. I think he could take the character to some very interesting places.

But the fact that Murphy was signed on for two movies is no real argument. I mean, apparently Nolan didn't even know whether he was gonna come back for TDK at the end of Begins, so that info might just be complete BS. And even if it's true and he was indeed signed on for two films only, it doesn't mean they can't sign him on for the third one.

Mandalore464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #19
Commodore Schmidlapp
Side-Kick
 
Commodore Schmidlapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cleveland is the city where i come from so run run
Posts: 3,613
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

I've seen the Scarecrow already, I wanna see other villains.

__________________
THIS SPACE IS AVAILABLE; CALL 1-800-555-0978
Commodore Schmidlapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #20
DieSmiling
Can't Be Stopped
 
DieSmiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,655
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

No. He's been done plenty, he's not that great of a villain and there are tons of other great Batman villains to use.

Having Scarecrow as the main villain of the third movie is the most retarded idea I've heard in awhile. The biggest problem with the third movie is finding a way to top the Joker -- so the proposal is to use a guy who was a pawn of Ra's in BB and captured with ease in TDK while Joker pushed Batman to his limits? There is NO WAY he could possibly be portrayed as anything but minor league in BB3, because that's what he is in the first two films -- minor league.

__________________
When supervillains want to scare each other they tell Joker stories.

Last edited by DieSmiling; 08-01-2008 at 02:12 PM.
DieSmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #21
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman
 
Ziggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The T-dot!
Posts: 6,803
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
that would be complete bs and I wouldnt agree with that at all, Murphy is what made that role (obviously mostly in BB), Im sick of all this bs about re-casting, I was glad when they replaced Katie with Maggie, but no more re-casting, it takes away from the characters quite a bit in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin723 View Post
^Yeah don't recast for any of the parts. Murphy made the role for me too. If there's no Murphy, then I don't wanna see Scarecrow return. But I would like Nolan to bring back Murphy/Scarecrow somehow..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
I don't really want any recast either, although they could just take another actor and leave the character in full costume the whole time. I kind of like Murphy's interpretation so far. I think he could take the character to some very interesting places.

But the fact that Murphy was signed on for two movies is no real argument. I mean, apparently Nolan didn't even know whether he was gonna come back for TDK at the end of Begins, so that info might just be complete BS. And even if it's true and he was indeed signed on for two films only, it doesn't mean they can't sign him on for the third one.
I essentially agree with all of you guys...When I said "Then get a new actor"...I was joking and it was a sarcastic comment...

__________________
Beware of Cookies bearing Fortune -Fortune from Fortune Cookie

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!


Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Ziggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #22
Twin723
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 231
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyman View Post
I essentially agree with all of you guys...When I said "Then get a new actor"...I was joking and it was a sarcastic comment...
Oh...Yeah... I knew that.

Twin723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #23
Mandalore464
New User
 
Mandalore464's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 990
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSmiling
he's not that great of a villain
That my friend, is nothing more than your opinion. Scarecrow has always been one of my favourite villains. The two other villains I like best are the Joker and Two-Face, and they've also been done already.

Quote:
Having Scarecrow as the main villain of the third movie is the most retarded idea I've heard in awhile.
... Whatever.

Quote:
The biggest problem with the third movie is finding a way to top the Joker -- so the proposal is to use a guy who was a pawn of Ra's in BB and captured with ease in TDK while Joker pushed Batman to his limits? There is NO WAY he could possibly be portrayed as anything but minor league in BB3, because that's what he is in the first two films -- minor league.
Well you know what I think is retarded? To think that a character should always remain the same. They're made to evolve, not to always come back with the same old gimmicks and end up in Arkham.

I think it'd actually be very interesting to have the three Nolan movies portraying how this guy starting as a corrupt psychiatrist then evolved into a "pawn" into a plot involving no less than the destruction of an entire city by the use of drugs he created. Then see how from this he actually became an influent drug dealer in Gotham with a gang working for him. Then see how he became... the completely psychotic maniac we know from the comics.

I mean, sure you can say "I don't want to see him again", fair enough. But saying that I or anybody else is retarded because they think the Scarecrow could be back as the great villain he should be in the next movie makes no one appear as a retard but you.

I still think Scarecrow would be a great choice.

Mandalore464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #24
DeGenerate10
Br Ba
 
DeGenerate10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,754
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

Maybe a cameo in Arkham or something. Nothing big.

__________________
Woodrow Wilson? Willy Wonka? ... Walter White?
DeGenerate10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #25
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind
 
Nirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,359
Default Re: Should Scarecrow Return In The Third Film???

No I don't think she should return. BUT, maybe having just a Johnathan Crane cameo could be interesting. Maybe like if Batman needed some info and Crane had it, so he went to go visit him in Arkham or something like that. Other than that, no.

__________________
What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.