The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 10-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #626
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Didn't Carol fall out of love with Hal because she finally realized he's a giant, raging douchebag a while ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Something about him and his white light powers is essentially the "Life Equation". Opposite of that anti-life equation that Darkseid is always looking for so he can do bad things. So he went from being the solution to the Black Lanterns, and now he's en route to thwart Darkseid. He'll be curing ebola in a week.
Doesn't that make sense, though? The white light was always referred to as the white light of life, and it resurrected a bunch of people in Brightest Day. That seems like it's just putting two existing concepts together in a way that makes really obvious sense...

TheCorpulent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #627
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjoint View Post
THIS! I'm glad it ain't just me that this unnaturally bothers!
I'm in the same boat here.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #628
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
I'm also strongly opposed to him shacking up with Carol too. That's Hal's woman. Now and forever!
I'm not digging it either.

Long Live TCM
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #629
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Didn't Carol fall out of love with Hal because she finally realized he's a giant, raging douchebag a while ago?
Whoa there. He's not a bag of feminine product, she was just upset b/c he had to keep rushing off into space every other Thursday. Doesn't make for the best relationship.

Quote:
Doesn't that make sense, though? The white light was always referred to as the white light of life, and it resurrected a bunch of people in Brightest Day. That seems like it's just putting two existing concepts together in a way that makes really obvious sense...
It's not nonsensical, it's just to much importance placed on 1 guy. If Kyle had some other lanterns w/ him, it'd be different. Can Sodam Yat get Ion back and have the spotlight dammit?

Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #630
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

I wouldn't mind that. But Kyle's kind of built for being the most individually significant Lantern. Being the White Lantern now recalls those days when he was the last surviving Green Lantern--unique in the universe, with a lot of pressure on him because only he could do certain things. That's a hallmark of the character. Might as well have a Hal who doesn't randomly punch people for the slimmest of reasons.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #631
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

Gotta admit, I'm REALLY digging the Godhead story so far. Finally Kyle is relevant again. I've been on the verge of giving up NG since Lights Out ended, it got kinda dumb after that. It's good again now though with this revelation about Kyle. Can't wait until everyone finds out he's still breathing. Has anybody else been reading Red Lanterns? The Red Daughter of Krytpon was pretty good and I love Guy's new look and being the leader of the Reds, he's freakin bad ass.

"Police are under the bridge demanding that I at least turn back into Rick Moranis"

- Rob Sonic
Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #632
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

^Red Lanterns and Sinestro are my fav GL-books.

You know the franchise is in a bad place when we're all surprised to be enjoying the current event haha.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #633
Cain
I Heart Amazons

Red Lanterns has been my favorite GL family book for months now. With GLC in second place.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #634
CaptainWagner
Rebellion Kickstarter

So, what does everyone think of Guy no longer being a Red Lantern, and possibly having a future as a Blue Lantern?

"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share... I'll never stop fighting. Ever."
- Superman
CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #635
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

I don't really care either way.
the last few issues have just been a huge pitty party for guy and I lost interest when he fought a rage baby.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
HELL N' SPIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #636
-Arya-
Brightest Day

I'm glad to pick up on GL even if my knowledge of Geoff John's run is limited. Thankfully, having read GL: Rebirth prior to jumping in really helped. Vol. 1-3 were pretty great, and I'm looking to read Sinestro next.

The Dark Knight
Wonder Woman
Batman Begins
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Spider-Man
Superman: The Movie
Iron Man
Logan
Thor Ragnarok
The Avengers
-Arya- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #637
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Sorry to dig up and old and relatively non-interesting subject but does Carol really have anything in common with Kyle?

Long Live TCM
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #638
geetard
Rebirth

GL: Edge of Oblivion, a new 6-issue sequel miniseries to GL: Lost Army by Tom Taylor (Injustice) and Ethan Van Sciver:
http://www.comicvine.com/videos/nycc...ern/2300-3026/

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #639
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Hey guys, question for an expert :

Who knows what Harvid looked like in his very first appearance in GL"161 back in the 80es. I don't own the comics so I'm clueless.
I can't find if he was black hair no bear or white hair/white beard. Who could/would know about something so specifics.
Oh yeah, I did check the internet thingy.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #640
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Wow ! 2years without a bump ! What about HJ & the GLC ? GLs ?
Lot of stuff going on, I think.
Let's bump about it.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:31 AM   #641
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

I’ve been impressed by the Zod storyline in HL &GLC so far. They’ve done a good job with it and I generally like it when writers have heroes fight other heroes’ villains. Plus Hal is a bada$$ in that story for strolling in and talking smack with Zod and his family at their dinner table. Kyle on the other hand...

Old 02-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #642
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

What's wrong with Kyle? I figured he'd be treated like garbage in a Hal-centric series, but I haven't read it. Curious about the specifics.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #643
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

Quote:
What's wrong with Kyle? I figured he'd be treated like garbage in a Hal-centric series, but I haven't read it. Curious about the specifics.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He got his lunch handed to him by Zod and spent an entire issue laying in the floor basically bleeding out while Hal was a boss with Zod. Then Hal gave him his ring to send him back to the corps.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:14 AM   #644
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not reading that series.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:22 AM   #645
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Corp, come on, give the Hal-Hate a break. I mean you're wrong about the Hal-centric serie. I don't get why it's named that way by the way, because John Stewart really takes the spotlight. In fact, I feel John, Guy and Hal have their spotlight. Kyle less.
They made him a GL again and I think it was wrong. I think a serie with Kyle would work. But hey, he was centric with the Soranik Natu's child arc recently. It was cool. Same, the Kyle's training of Simon Baz was cool.

But I admit that they (the writers/heads/wheatever) are pushing too much about Kyle being the slow one. What disturbs me is, since Kyle is the sensitive he can't be a badass. Like : he's an artist, so he's sensitiv, so he does not fight, so he needs the help of the real men. Like being an artist/sensitive makes you slow or weak. This pisses me off a bit.

Last edited by CLARKY; 03-24-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #646
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Isn't it weird or a coincidence that the new GL known as Fantas-M has actually the same face as the Dark Stars ?! It's like he/she's already has the face of the DarkStars. Could be the new partner in crime of Tomar Tu ?