The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Should Snyder Stay or Go
Sack Snyder 56 86.15%
Trust in Snyder 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #501
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,036
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Going back on a lot of the past comments and interviews that Zack Snyder has done for "Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman", has anyone else noticed that a lot of the stuff that Snyder has said as of late doesn't add up?

1. When the first photo of Henry as Superman for "Batman V Superman" was released, Snyder said that the reason why he used the letter "V" as opposed to going with "Vs" is because he wanted to indicate that this wasn't a full on versus film between the two characters. And yet, Snyder went on to say at this year's comic con that he made a whole film about who would win a fight between Batman vs Superman.

2. When asked about who would win between Batman and Superman at 2012's Comic Con, Snyder pretty much indicated that he thought that it would be no contest between them and yet we have a whole film where Batman is presented as a formidable foe for the Man of Steel.

3. And despite all of the good things that Snyder said about Superman pre Batman V Superman, you can see that he holds Batman in much higher regards with how he's handling/portraying the character in this film. Heck, if Snyder does kill off Superman at the end of this film, then that'll leave Batman (and possibly Wonder Woman) in charge of forming the Justice League without Superman, which would also contradict what he said about how there could supposedly be no JL without Superman.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 03:44 AM   #502
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 12,418
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Going back on a lot of the past comments and interviews that Zack Snyder has done for "Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman", has anyone else noticed that a lot of the stuff that Snyder has said as of late doesn't add up?

1. When the first photo of Henry as Superman for "Batman V Superman" was released, Snyder said that the reason why he used the letter "V" as opposed to going with "Vs" is because he wanted to indicate that this wasn't a full on versus film between the two characters. And yet, Snyder went on to say at this year's comic con that he made a whole film about who would win a fight between Batman vs Superman.

2. When asked about who would win between Batman and Superman at 2012's Comic Con, Snyder pretty much indicated that he thought that it would be no contest between them and yet we have a whole film where Batman is presented as a formidable foe for the Man of Steel.

3. And despite all of the good things that Snyder said about Superman pre Batman V Superman, you can see that he holds Batman in much higher regards with how he's handling/portraying the character in this film. Heck, if Snyder does kill off Superman at the end of this film, then that'll leave Batman (and possibly Wonder Woman) in charge of forming the Justice League without Superman, which would also contradict what he said about how there could supposedly be no JL without Superman.
1. He was obviously joking with the panelist because she asked how Batman and Superman would fight. So he answered that stupid question with a stupid answer.

2. That was Christian Bale's Batman.

3. I have to disagree, while I'm still of the mind set that Supes won't die in this, if by some chance he does and Bats/WW create the JL, perhaps the League isn't going well at the start but then Supes comes back and "fixes" things

matt47 is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 03:55 AM   #503
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,036
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
1. He was obviously joking with the panelist because she asked how Batman and Superman would fight. So he answered that stupid question with a stupid answer.

2. That was Christian Bale's Batman.

3. I have to disagree, while I'm still of the mind set that Supes won't die in this, if by some chance he does and Bats/WW create the JL, perhaps the League isn't going well at the start but then Supes comes back and "fixes" things
1. & 2. I hadn't thought about it like that. Good points and makes sense when you put it like that.

3. Well I'm still rooting/holding out for some form of hope that Superman makes it out of DOJ alive. Coming back to "fix" things still doesn't negate the fact that WW and Batman were able to form the league (even with issues presented) on their own without him. Plus, it doesn't match what Snyder originally said about how the League can't exist without Superman, which I'm waiting to see on whether Snyder holds true to that.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 04:29 AM   #504
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly
 
Black Narcissus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hogwarts
Posts: 26,161
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

You're one insecure Superman fan.

I love it.

I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
my momma said my daddy's name was black narcissus
Black Narcissus is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 04:43 AM   #505
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,036
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Well this one "insecure fan" has had enough of your cyber-bullying.

*Ignore List*

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #506
jeevanjacobjohn
Side-Kick
 
jeevanjacobjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
1. & 2. I hadn't thought about it like that. Good points and makes sense when you put it like that.

3. Well I'm still rooting/holding out for some form of hope that Superman makes it out of DOJ alive. Coming back to "fix" things still doesn't negate the fact that WW and Batman were able to form the league (even with issues presented) on their own without him. Plus, it doesn't match what Snyder originally said about how the League can't exist without Superman, which I'm waiting to see on whether Snyder holds true to that.
True...anyways, I think WW should be the leader, front runner of all things.

Batman is too paranoid and a loner. He wouldn't work as the leader. And Superman, right now, is inexperienced and a rookie. He's got a lot to learn before he becomes a leader of anything (especially a team of heroes more experienced/wiser than him)

WW, on the other hand, is a warrior - experienced, compassionate. She's the perfect leader.

jeevanjacobjohn is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:12 AM   #507
G.Godfrey
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
You're one insecure Superman fan.
I have to agree, it's getting ridiculous. I understand being concerned and such but herolee has been whining (literally) complaining and worrying for as long as I can remember and it's only escalating without any reason. There is little to no logic or proof to the claims he is making. And he's gone off so far he even had ''Batman sucks'' under his username yesterday. I mean dude, herolee, seriously I used to like you as a poster (and still do when you aren't in a paranoid mode) but this going a bit far. You are acting as if Snyder is publicly violating Superman while holding Batman celebration parades or something.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #508
Last Of Krypton
Side-Kick
 
Last Of Krypton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,408
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I have to agree, it's getting ridiculous. I understand being concerned and such but herolee has been whining (literally) complaining and worrying for as long as I can remember and it's only escalating without any reason. There is little to no logic or proof to the claims he is making. And he's gone off so far he even had ''Batman sucks'' under his username yesterday. I mean dude, herolee, seriously I used to like you as a poster (and still do when you aren't in a paranoid mode) but this going a bit far. You are acting as if Snyder is publicly violating Superman while holding Batman celebration parades or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
You're one insecure Superman fan.

I love it.

I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.
I called him out for the same thing and a MOD gave me a warning. I've rarely encountered such level of insecurity on a message board.

Last Of Krypton is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #509
G.Godfrey
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Going back on a lot of the past comments and interviews that Zack Snyder has done for "Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman", has anyone else noticed that a lot of the stuff that Snyder has said as of late doesn't add up?

1. When the first photo of Henry as Superman for "Batman V Superman" was released, Snyder said that the reason why he used the letter "V" as opposed to going with "Vs" is because he wanted to indicate that this wasn't a full on versus film between the two characters. And yet, Snyder went on to say at this year's comic con that he made a whole film about who would win a fight between Batman vs Superman.

2. When asked about who would win between Batman and Superman at 2012's Comic Con, Snyder pretty much indicated that he thought that it would be no contest between them and yet we have a whole film where Batman is presented as a formidable foe for the Man of Steel.

3. And despite all of the good things that Snyder said about Superman pre Batman V Superman, you can see that he holds Batman in much higher regards with how he's handling/portraying the character in this film. Heck, if Snyder does kill off Superman at the end of this film, then that'll leave Batman (and possibly Wonder Woman) in charge of forming the Justice League without Superman, which would also contradict what he said about how there could supposedly be no JL without Superman.
1. He was clearly speaking in a joking manner, you are taking that statement slightly out of context and too serious for how it was said and in the context it was said in.

2. One thing that most people forget (not just you) is that he was asked who would win between NOLAN'S BATMAN and his Superman. Not just any Batman or Batman in general. The guy asks clear as day ''Between Nolan's Batman and your Superman, who would win?''. And Batman going up against Superman is not something Snyder came up with it, it's been part of the comic lore for a good while now.

3. I see no evidence of so far from this film that Snyder holds Batman in higher regard even if he does. Both Batman and Superman are portrayed equally well from all we've seen so far and you can't say how the characters will be handled until you see the film. As for the rest of that statement, ehh, more paranoia, sorry. I see no base for it.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #510
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 12,418
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Don't worry mate, I already said 1,2.

matt47 is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #511
G.Godfrey
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Don't worry mate, I already said 1,2.
Huh, didn't see your post! You either posting ninja style or I need glasses.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #512
Micromind
New World New Rules
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Multiverse
Posts: 17,137
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

I used to address many of herolee's concerned posts, but I soon learned that's the way he usually posts, so I have given up.

I still like his other posts though.

__________________


Last edited by Micromind; 07-27-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Micromind is offline  
Old 07-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #513
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 12,418
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Huh, didn't see your post! You either posting ninja style or I need glasses.
I am one sneeky devil

matt47 is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 08:50 AM   #514
Marz69
Side-Kick
 
Marz69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 3,177
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

This has probably been discussed somewhere on SHH and I'm so late to the party as I just figured it out. Looking at Snyder's tweets. I saw the old one where he retweeted the joker's first look pic & wrote:

ZackSnyder ‏@ZackSnyder Apr 24
ZackSnyder retweeted David Ayer
Ha ha ha, the joke’s on you Batman… #cryptic #75th

And now I see what the #cryptic is all about. Those are pretty much the words on Robin's suit in the trailer

Marz69 is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #515
G.Godfrey
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Thank you for everything you do based Snyder, you are a gift to mankind!




G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #516
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 46,714
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Thank you for everything you do based Snyder, you are a gift to mankind!



Snyder is from Krypton?

__________________
Journeying to the Undying Lands in the West
So Long and thanks for all the fish
roach is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #517
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Captain Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,825
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Going back on a lot of the past comments and interviews that Zack Snyder has done for "Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman", has anyone else noticed that a lot of the stuff that Snyder has said as of late doesn't add up?

1. When the first photo of Henry as Superman for "Batman V Superman" was released, Snyder said that the reason why he used the letter "V" as opposed to going with "Vs" is because he wanted to indicate that this wasn't a full on versus film between the two characters. And yet, Snyder went on to say at this year's comic con that he made a whole film about who would win a fight between Batman vs Superman.

2. When asked about who would win between Batman and Superman at 2012's Comic Con, Snyder pretty much indicated that he thought that it would be no contest between them and yet we have a whole film where Batman is presented as a formidable foe for the Man of Steel.

3. And despite all of the good things that Snyder said about Superman pre Batman V Superman, you can see that he holds Batman in much higher regards with how he's handling/portraying the character in this film. Heck, if Snyder does kill off Superman at the end of this film, then that'll leave Batman (and possibly Wonder Woman) in charge of forming the Justice League without Superman, which would also contradict what he said about how there could supposedly be no JL without Superman.
I remember Snyder also saying he wouldn't retell Bruce's origin story. We all know how that turned out.


Last edited by Captain Shazam; 07-28-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Captain Shazam is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #518
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 46,714
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Shazam View Post
I remember Snyder also saying he wouldn't retell Bruce's origin story. We all know how that tutned out.
Showing the murders isn't rebelling Batman's origin. There's more to it than his parents death.

__________________
Journeying to the Undying Lands in the West
So Long and thanks for all the fish
roach is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #519
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Captain Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,825
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

But that's the most important event in his story and one that never changes.

Captain Shazam is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #520
Mad Love
The Future of Justice
 
Mad Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paradise Island
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Fixed.


__________________
Wonder Woman will save saved the DCEU 2017!

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Mad Love is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 05:43 PM   #521
BravoNolanILuvU
I ♥U2 Snyder
 
BravoNolanILuvU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,693
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Beautiful. I cried three times.

__________________
“Snyder is a bastard, creative, but still bastard, and comic book fanatics probably will be cry again”
BravoNolanILuvU is offline  
Old 07-29-2015, 01:39 AM   #522
Naked Shia
Nikkid's law
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: H.E. 's kindergarden
Posts: 10,097
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Shazam View Post
But that's the most important event in his story and one that never changes.
that's not true though.

There are takes where Martha dies of a heart attack and is not being shot. There are takes where the killer is Joe Chill, other where it's an anonymous, one where it's jack Napier.

Naked Shia is offline  
Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #523
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 32,948
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

All hail Lord Snyder. Love this pic.


__________________

Fallen Angel is offline  
Old 07-29-2015, 09:34 AM   #524
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,207
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Haha...

Snyder: "It's not like I am even meaning to do this... Stuff just explodes when I am around."

KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 07-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #525
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Captain Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,825
Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Shia View Post
that's not true though.

There are takes where Martha dies of a heart attack and is not being shot. There are takes where the killer is Joe Chill, other where it's an anonymous, one where it's jack Napier.
Yeah, but in terms of what can be considered canon, or what has made it to the big screen and might never change, it will always be the murder of Bruce's parents.

Captain Shazam is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.