Carnage27
No one's puppet

Default Re: Rise of Marvels: Year One -- Sign-Up/OOC Thread

My thoughts on that back and forth:

Old 11-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #152
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

I really, really wish this board had a rep system so I could quantify my love for y'all's work.

Andy C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #153
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Thanks guys! Getting to RP with Byrd again gave me a warm nostalgic glow.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #154
Misfit
Side-Kick

I have an idea...

Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #155
Misfit
Side-Kick

Rise of Marvels:
Character Application:

Character Name: Dwayne Michael Taylor; Night Thrasher

Alignment: Hero

Character Speech Color and Font: Bold. Impact. Quotations in red while the text will be black.

Powers and Abilities:
Trained by Chord, he has vast tactical insight and combat prowess, training with mixed martial arts combined with opportunistic strikes. He owns a menagerie of weaponry and gadgetry, primarily his suit. He is highly intelligent, and also quite wealthy. The exact nature of his deviation from humanity is not easily recognized, but it is manifested in an enhanced cognitive power, allowing him to maximize any opportunity he recognizes, improve his creativity, and create resistance to psychic probing or mind control.

His battle suit is a skin tight mesh covered in a shining black sheen. It is bullet resistant, impenetrable to conventional knives, fire proof, electrically insulated, hardened to augment strikes, and yet still flexible and lightweight. The design diverts weight from exterior objects to the suit itself, enabling him to lift heavier objects. The design of the legs allows him to jump higher, run faster, and absorbs the force from drop that could otherwise injure him. Offensively, the suit carries two escrima sticks that have selectively electrified tips. Each arm has a gauntlet that can fire tranquilizing darts, smoke pelllets, incendiary pellets, and a grappling line. His helmet enables night vision, infrared vision, and augments hearing.

Character Origin/Backstory: Born into a fantastically wealthy family, Dwayne Michael Taylor was initially on track to become a spoiled brat. But when he was four years old, he watched his own parents be slain before his eyes. He ran away, hiding, and was ignored while the suite he lived in was pillaged. He was later adopted by the equally wealthy friend of his father, ex military sergeant Andrew Chord. Chord taught Dwayne self defense and many techniques in blatant offense.

In secret, Chord had actually been a key member in an underground movement to protect mutant rights, along with Dwayne's fallen parents. After discreetly conducting a blood test on Dwayne, he saw that his adopted son was not a baseline human. Lacking any obvious or attention drawing mutations, Chord still realized that Dwayne would be subject to prejudice and persecution. Chord trained Dwayne to reach peak physical conditioning and to be trained in the use of various martial arts, use of weaponry, and tactics, all while putting him through a gruelingly thorough homeschool program that Dwayne graduated from at the age of fourteen.

When he turned seventeen, Dwayne applied for emancipation, though not out of ill will, and was approved. Eager to put his family fortune to good use, he purchased gear for the purposes of combat as well as developing gadgetry himself. Without a company backing him or any employees, it requires a high degree of dedication and self regulation, but it also allows him to go without being checked up on. At the suggestion of Chord, he decided to take part in the mutant rights movement and general crime fighting.

Why this character?: Well, no one else is going to touch him. So I'm gonna touch him a lot. As far as I know he doesn't have a real fanbase and the New Warriors don't really get much attention. This isn't about the New Warriors though, it's about this character. I can picture this guy working with Daredevil, Spider-Man, Punisher, or even Carnage's (epic, btw) Captain America. Starting at the beginning of the career no one cares about, his evolution has a nice range of possibilities. I would love to see him get involved in the Mutant Rights movement. At a street level, I think it would work well.

Provide a sample post as your character, with at least three paragraphs and featuring at least one line of dialogue:
[Night_Thrasher]

WIP

Old 11-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #156
Misfit
Side-Kick

It's quiet. Too quiet..

Old 11-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #157
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Sorry, you're approved

Old 11-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #158
Misfit
Side-Kick

Oh. Thanks, man. That's the first time I ever got by without a sample. Yeah, I was just thinking it looks like I missed the party on this one. Which was tragic, because this looks like your best shot at Steph thus far.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #159
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

I'll fix the formatting up on that one when I get home.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #160
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
Oh. Thanks, man. That's the first time I ever got by without a sample. Yeah, I was just thinking it looks like I missed the party on this one. Which was tragic, because this looks like your best shot at Steph thus far.
Yea, this game is a bit slower than UOU, but I'm not giving up on that character, damn it. haha

Old 11-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #161
Misfit
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Yea, this game is a bit slower than UOU, but I'm not giving up on that character, damn it. haha
Yep. I don't think I've ever seen this one keep its momentum. Unless you count the last one before guildfall.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #162
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Posts coming in the next few days in all my games. Been wrapped up in Dragon Age this week

Old 11-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #163
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
Yep. I don't think I've ever seen this one keep its momentum. Unless you count the last one before guildfall.
Given how busy I am with other writing stuff, the slower pacing kinda suits me, haha. As long as it keeps on chugging along to some extent!

Old 11-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #164
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Also, Byrd, that's Matt located at the precinct if you still want us to cross paths...

Old 11-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #165
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I'll try to have something up in a few days. I've been writing two final essays for school the past few weeks and they're due this week. After that, I'll be free at last!

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #166
Misfit
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Given how busy I am with other writing stuff, the slower pacing kinda suits me, haha. As long as it keeps on chugging along to some extent!
I don't have much else to write, but I do have a good excuse. Well, at least an excuse. Either way, I just need to get the ball rolling.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #167
Carnage27
No one's puppet

So I can't carry three characters here like I thought, dropping Wolverine.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #168
Misfit
Side-Kick

Yeah. I made a poor judgment call on Night Thrasher. Imma have to drop it like it's hot

Old 12-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #169
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

I'm sorry I dropped the ball on Thor guys. Trying to be original I think I stressed my muse. Not to mention I have a terrible sense of pacing and got bored of writing Jake.

So yea, I suck.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #170
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

So. Figured I'd try giving this game a shot in the arm?

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #171
Misfit
Side-Kick

I'm always interested, but hardly ever reliable.