The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars Rebels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #776
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,019
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
My point was the dimensions are wrong,that is factually correct.

The entrance that Luke runs to makes him look too small when one is aware of the movie set dimensions of the homestead.

If the show's people get that wring then it demonstrates they are fallible and get details wrong.

It made Luke look too small and hence how I saw it which is still an error on the part of the animation crew.

It looks out of shape cause IT IS.
Where are your facts for the dimensions being wrong?

Luke looks small because he is far away running to the homestead. I just showed you pictures of how that works.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #777
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Dude,you just want to argue ad infinitum and not accept that I see what I see.

You win no trophy in this that I am aware of.

The homestead and Luke are at the same distance from Obi Wan as he is shown running in a front on view (from Obi Wan's perspective) not at a diagonal or up high or down low angle as in your other pics.

They goof'd it up and for some reason you want to be a self appointed defender of them.

I PM'd you to state there was no personal malice in my participation but that is starting to change so how about you just accept the fact all viewers see a show in their own way?

Is that somehow causing a detriment to you that would impede on your life?

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #778
Broseph44
Witness Me
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island/Queens NY
Posts: 16,067
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Lawd

__________________
Avvy by Hunter Rider
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #779
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 30,733
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

You can't be serious

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #780
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Yeah,sure am.

Stated my view and don't like the proportions.

It's not accurate and all this to and fro is only a waste of the respondents time.

I didn't care for it,it is 5 foot if that kid running to the homestead or the homestead is too big.

I understand others disagree - they're entitled to their view as am I.

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #781
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,019
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
Dude,you just want to argue ad infinitum and not accept that I see what I see.

You win no trophy in this that I am aware of.

The homestead and Luke are at the same distance from Obi Wan as he is shown running in a front on view (from Obi Wan's perspective) not at a diagonal or up high or down low angle as in your other pics.

They goof'd it up and for some reason you want to be a self appointed defender of them.

I PM'd you to state there was no personal malice in my participation but that is starting to change so how about you just accept the fact all viewers see a show in their own way?

Is that somehow causing a detriment to you that would impede on your life?
You mean before you got in an argument with 3 other people on the subject showing you seemed fine continuing it?

Also fantastic facts you brought.

By the way, considering the way you are posting right now, I am curious if perhaps you have a past here under a different name.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #782
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

PM'ing you was to be polite,is that some sort of "wrong" ?

Well I suppose the word forum is lost on some then.

No,I have not been here before.

Agreeing to disagree is not some kind of new concept.

Least not to me.

I hold my view as do others that it looked off.

It's a flawed representation and I've explained and listened to the other points put forward,respecting the right of others to hold a different view.

Seems acceptable to the people running here for that polite discussion to occur so like you I exercised my right of reply.

I am not going to change my view just cause a few say I should.

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #783
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 150,131
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Maul beats Qui-Gon by hitting him in the face with his hilt after blocking an overhead strike, throwing his arms back and then stabbing him through the stomach. It was the same move he tried on Old Ben and Ben just step back and cut through him and his hilt.

Here you go:

I loved this callback! I know there has been a mixed reception to the epsiode but I liked it, I felt it was a fitting ending for a weary Maul, almost like he wanted the confrontation so that Obi-Wan could put him out of his misery. The way the fight was short and clinical like an oldschool Samurai worked for me.

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #784
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I loved this callback! I know there has been a mixed reception to the epsiode but I liked it, I felt it was a fitting ending for a weary Maul, almost like he wanted the confrontation so that Obi-Wan could put him out of his misery. The way the fight was short and clinical like an oldschool Samurai worked for me.
Yeah,agreed that was a classy nod to the PT.

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #785
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,019
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
PM'ing you was to be polite,is that some sort of "wrong" ?

Well I suppose the word forum is lost on some then.

No,I have not been here before.

Agreeing to disagree is not some kind of new concept.

Least not to me.

I hold my view as do others that it looked off.

It's a flawed representation and I've explained and listened to the other points put forward,respecting the right of others to hold a different view.

Seems acceptable to the people running here for that polite discussion to occur so like you I exercised my right of reply.

I am not going to change my view just cause a few say I should.
You can agree to disagree if you like. But it is like you want others to acknowledge your view has merit here. It also doesn't help that you changed your argument from Luke looking too young (because we now know it was Ezra's model), to the Homestead being too big.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; Yesterday at 08:39 PM.
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #786
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,019
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I loved this callback! I know there has been a mixed reception to the epsiode but I liked it, I felt it was a fitting ending for a weary Maul, almost like he wanted the confrontation so that Obi-Wan could put him out of his misery. The way the fight was short and clinical like an oldschool Samurai worked for me.
I am with you Hunter. I quite liked it, especially the last 5 mins or so. But then again, I don't hate Ezra like some.

This weekend's finale looks insane. Hoping for some real fireworks.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM   #787
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You can agree to disagree if you like. But it is like you want others to acknowledge your view has merit here. It also doesn't help that you changed your argument from Luke looking too young (because we now know it was Ezra's model), to the Homestead being too big.
If we all can agree to disagree as it's a subjective viewing of a fictional show - then great.

THAT was all I was asking for,I don't mind at all if others don't hold the same view insomuch as any unpleasantness meant to them.

I don't require the merit of others for my view,respect in a forum is what is best but that does not always equal agreement.

Luke looks off to me in his size either cause he's too short for the age presentation or the homestead is proportionally too large.

I did not change my argument,I was considering your points and stated that as I still saw the proportions wrong in terms of the whole scene as Kenobi looked on then only leaving the homestead to be too large.

I do not Hate Ezra.

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #788
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 68,019
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
If we all can agree to disagree as it's a subjective viewing of a fictional show - then great.

THAT was all I was asking for,I don't mind at all if others don't hold the same view insomuch as any unpleasantness meant to them.

I don't require the merit of others for my view,respect in a forum is what is best but that does not always equal agreement.

Luke looks off to me in his size either cause he's too short for the age presentation or the homestead is proportionally too large.

I did not change my argument,I was considering your points and stated that as I still saw the proportions wrong in terms of the whole scene as Kenobi looked on then only leaving the homestead to be too large.

I do not Hate Ezra.
Except we know for a fact that Luke was the right height. So unless Lucasfilms comes out and says they are lying about using Ezra's model, there is nothing subjective about it. Especially on a show like Rebels, which is stylized to begin with. Also Luke is in a flat out anime style run. Something we have seen on the show before.

I never said you hated Ezra. I do know plenty at TFN that do however.

__________________
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #789
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Except we know for a fact that Luke was the right height. So unless Lucasfilms comes out and says they are lying about using Ezra's model, there is nothing subjective about it. Especially on a show like Rebels, which is stylized to being with.

I never said you hated Ezra. I do know plenty at TFN that do however.
Well on that we shall have to agree to disagree.

Fact is the dimensions did not fit for me and that was disappointing.

It's a stylised show as you say so artistic license is in play and as for TFN - meh.

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #790
Broseph44
Witness Me
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island/Queens NY
Posts: 16,067
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You mean before you got in an argument with 3 other people on the subject showing you seemed fine continuing it?

Also fantastic facts you brought.

By the way, considering the way you are posting right now, I am curious if perhaps you have a past here under a different name.
I thought the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I loved this callback! I know there has been a mixed reception to the epsiode but I liked it, I felt it was a fitting ending for a weary Maul, almost like he wanted the confrontation so that Obi-Wan could put him out of his misery. The way the fight was short and clinical like an oldschool Samurai worked for me.
Definitely Hunter

__________________
Avvy by Hunter Rider
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #791
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I thought the same thing
Well it's off topic and thinking is a free right for anyone and all but I'm not.

Never interacted with anyone here before and have no previous or current beef with anyone.

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.

Last edited by KnightErrant; Yesterday at 10:42 PM.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:00 AM   #792
ladystoneheart
Feed the crows.
 
ladystoneheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: The Riverlands
Posts: 1,681
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

I'm ready for Kanan to get some focus again.

__________________
"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by."
"I can't control their fear, only my own." "You didn't see that coming?"

Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born...
ladystoneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #793
KnightErrant
Once and Future Geek
 
KnightErrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3: An Open Discussion

Yeah,he's been sidelined big time.

__________________
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas:

neither seen nor heard.
KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.