Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM   #351
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Unless they remove his part i doubt Simmons is going anywhere
The same can be said for Joe but in his case people seem to be convinced that he's out and they are already throwing the alternatives. In any case I think Reeves is presently too busy to add/remove characters and overhaul scripts. This is why Joe and Simmons are both being coy. Till August the arrangement remains as it was.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM   #352
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatfan5194 View Post
TPTB have to know that a detective story is what the fans really want. I would hope that they wouldn't get rid of that element. With that said, I don't know how Deathstroke really lends himself to a detective style story, but hey, maybe that's why they were having trouble with the script in the first place.
No Batman villain lends himself to a detective story. When was the last time you even saw a detective story in Batman comics? even if one gets produced it flies under the radar. I dont see how a clown, bird man, wrestler, guy with his face burned, an old guy with a green robe lend themselves to detective stories any more than Deathstroke.
Still many fans were against Slade because they think his presence lends towards an action story over detective story.Now it will be amusing if Reeves goes with Penguin and Black Mask and creates a film about lots of shooting and non existent detective work.
Afterall if Slade is out because the script is out then detective work is out as well.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #353
Boom
I got nothin'

Unless of course the new script is detective-based as well.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #354
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
The same can be said for Joe but in his case people seem to be convinced that he's out and they are already throwing the alternatives. In any case I think Reeves is presently too busy to add/remove characters and overhaul scripts. This is why Joe and Simmons are both being coy. Till August the arrangement remains as it was.
Simmons has an actual role in JL. He's officially a part of the continuity now. If Gordon is written into the batman movie Simmons will probably be the one to play him. Joe is only rumored to have a cameo in JL.

Old Today, 12:08 PM   #355
Spider-Aziz
Dishonorable Weirdo

I don't remember if anyone asked, but Ben Affleck said he wouldn't direct if the script was weak.
Did Matt Reeves accept working on a weak script, or will we get a better one worked by him or under his supervision?

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.
^^^
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #356
shauner111
Side-Kick

He obviously agreed to do it if they toss the previous script in the garbage. That's probably there was a delay in the negotiations.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #357
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Well, in addition to Reeves, a cohort of his may be on the way to produce:

Quote:
Dylan Clark, who produced Matt Reeves’ “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” and the upcoming “War for the Planet of the Apes,” is in talks to join the director on “The Batman.”

Sources tell Variety that Clark and Reeves have a strong working relationship dating back to the “Apes” pics. While the deal hasn’t been completed yet for Clark to produce the standalone film, sources reveal that it’s on the horizon.
There's that word, again. 'Sources.'

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ba...es-1202014995/

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote