The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man: Homecoming

Old Today, 04:10 PM   #501
harryoscop
Embrace the future.

Default Re: Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSanchez View Post
Don't jump the gun yet mate, the movie could be a complete flop.
Highly unlikely

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:18 PM   #502
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

Default Re: Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
Thankfully. Homecoming is sure to give us a better Spider-Man than CW just based on the trailer alone.
Of course!
I mean, I like what they've done with The Flash particually, and overall with their shared universe, but their CGI are still pretty bad, and I can only imagine Spidey suffer from that - as in, less swinging, bad CGI effects on the villains, etc ..

Old Today, 04:18 PM   #503
Fincher
Too far gone

Quote:
For me it would. 70% of my problems with this movie would be erased. It would make it easier to accept Stark having a big role because they got everything else in the movie right. Vice-versa if Stark wasn't involved in Peter's life, it'd be easier to accept the supporting cast. But it's impossible to swallow both pills.
No, what I mean is, if Homecoming was the way it is because they only got Sony's castoffs, whether or not that was Marvel's fault, it would still be how Homecoming is. Plus it would mean that most characters who show up in the other series wouldn't show up in Homecoming's sequels, at least not anytime soon.

Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:22 PM   #504
harryoscop
Embrace the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
No, what I mean is, if Homecoming was the way it is because they only got Sony's castoffs, whether or not that was Marvel's fault, it would still be how Homecoming is. Plus it would mean that most characters who show up in the other series wouldn't show up in Homecoming's sequels, at least not anytime soon.
Which sucks because I'd love to see the MCU version of the traditional supporting characters & the Black Suit at some point. Oh well.

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 PM   #505
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
As for me... I don't believe any of these spin-offs is actually ever going to get made.
Fingers crossed.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:04 PM   #506
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSGirl95 View Post
Of course!
I mean, I like what they've done with The Flash particually, and overall with their shared universe, but their CGI are still pretty bad, and I can only imagine Spidey suffer from that - as in, less swinging, bad CGI effects on the villains, etc ..
Wait, when he said CW, was he talking about the network and not Civil War?

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:12 PM   #507
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Fingers crossed.
Eh...not like I'm going to waste my time and money seeing these anyways.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #508
The Joker

That may be so, but we don't need the Spider-Man brand tainted any further by Arad and the other morons at Sony just when Spidey is finally getting his good name back in the MCU.

- The Joker
Old Today, 06:23 PM   #509
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Venom View Post
Sheesh, where's the optimism in this thread? If Sony wants to try out some characters for which Marvel has no plans, where's the harm in that?
Because they've shown increasingly dubious skill at doing anything meaningful with the franchise? Because they are reaching to the deepest dregs of the franchise roster to come up with movies? Because the entire affairs reeks of ill-advised desperation?

Why, exactly, *should* anyone be optimistic? Sony isn't Marvel. They don't have a proven track record of turning random properties into gold.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:40 PM   #510
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

If they were to introduce Harry Osborn into the MCU, Who would you like to see playing him? If Marvel do cast someone as Harry it'll most likely be someone we've never heard of, but hey this negativity towards the Sony spin off sucks and doesn't have anything to do with Spider-Man Homecoming so lets hear what you guys think!

SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:53 PM   #511
venom892
Got Lucky

They may want to steer clear of Harry for a while. SM3 and ASM2 poisoned that well.

venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:16 PM   #512
The Joker

Harry was overall great in the Raimi trilogy. His Goblin may not have been the best, but the character of Harry and his friendship with Peter, and his spiral into obsessive revenge for his father's death was terrific. As was the Norman/Harry dynamic.

ASM 2 is the one that pooped on Harry's character and story.

- The Joker
Old Today, 07:18 PM   #513
ironwez20
Side-Kick

Quote:
Damn, if that does turn out to be true then I'll feel bad for trashing Marvel for those characters as it wasn't their choice. We'll find out if Sinister Six is put back on track & they start casting mainstream supporting characters for that movie or Venom/Black Cat-Sable movie.
Scary right? It explains why Peter is in a science school. They couldn't get everyone. I hope and pray I'm wrong. I hope that this is just Sony being complete ass heads and creating a separate universe to try and compete and fail.

No doubt the movies will fail anyway . I had a small hunch that marvel probably got the rights to maybe Spider-Man and a handful of villains but not everyone. That scares me.

Old Today, 07:27 PM   #514
I SEE SPIDEY
Badass Ladies

Quote:
Harry was overall great in the Raimi trilogy. His Goblin may not have been the best, but the character of Harry and his friendship with Peter, and his spiral into obsessive revenge for his father's death was terrific. As was the Norman/Harry dynamic.

Agreed.

Zack Snyder doesn't understand Superman or Superheroes in general.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:36 PM   #515
CaptainWagner
Ya Poozers!

Why'd you guys have to go and suggest this whole "Sony isn't sharing characters" thing for me to worry about!?!

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:33 PM   #516
PeterBenParker
The Twilight Zone

Another day, another conspiracy theory.

You're more "angry back alley" than "friendly neighborhood".
Long live the Raimi trilogy, Webb duology and The Spectacular Spider-Man!
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:41 PM   #517
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I'm confident this is Sony being proactive about getting in their submissions early for April Fools.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 PM   #518
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I'm confident this is Sony being proactive about getting in their submissions early for April Fools.
That would require them having a sense of humor to begin with.

Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:32 PM   #519
Shockdingo
Symbiote luvin' loon

Quote:
If they were to introduce Harry Osborn into the MCU, Who would you like to see playing him? If Marvel do cast someone as Harry it'll most likely be someone we've never heard of, but hey this negativity towards the Sony spin off sucks and doesn't have anything to do with Spider-Man Homecoming so lets hear what you guys think!
I'd go with an unknown; great chance to be surprised by the actor, great opportunity for someone looking for their big break.

Shockdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:38 PM   #520
venom892
Got Lucky

Quote:

I agree. When he finds his father lair at the end of SM2, that was beyond exciting. Franco was probably the one trying the most in SM3, but Harry's material in that movie is atrocious. Amnesia?! It couldn't be anymore obvious they had to shelf the character for a portion of the script and had no idea how to do it.

venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:09 PM   #521
CaptainWagner
Ya Poozers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBenParker View Post
Another day, another conspiracy theory.
This past year has just completely screwed my discernment for what could actually happen. And this IS Sony, after all. But I will do my best to put my faith in sanity.

We just need this movie to come out before we all lose it...

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:21 PM   #522
SpideyJJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they wound up picking one of the frontrunners for the Spider-Man casting to play him

SpideyJJ is online now   Reply With Quote