The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 01-24-2015, 05:57 PM   #526
Blackman
C'mon Son

Default Re: Parks and Recreation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
It's not a matter of being bland or not, it's that there was no real thought behind Mark B.'s character or the purpose he would serve. He was just a paint-by-numbers straight-white-male love interest, with a few random personality traits (he's a nice normal guy like Jim Halpert ... who occasionally exhibits sexual compulsiveness, whaaaa?!). There was no real reason behind that character, it's just that the showrunners decided they needed "someone like that" on the show because every other show has one. For heaven's sake, he technically didn't even work in the same workplace as the other characters in a workplace comedy!
I dont think Mark was that bad of a character. He had some funny lines and reaction here and there. But as you said he didnt really serve that much purpose. Ann was the straight man/normal one for the most part so they didnt need to have a 2nd one.
And his sexual compulsiveness was so blown out of proportion to me. It was told alot more than it mentioned/shown.

Ben was the normal one too/still is but even before they developed him he some really good deadpan reactions and moments and then also that whole episode where he kept freaking out on TV. But as you said they developed him a lot better than they did with Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
Didn't the guy who played Brendanawicz leave to pursue a film career.
Yeah. That's what was initially reported if I remember correctly. Stupid move.

I saw an article sometime last year, where the actor basically was saying that he got tired of Hollywood and he thought of, or actually quit acting in "mainstream" projects. He also said that he didn't like the direction of where Mark was going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
This last episode tugged at my heart strings quite a bit.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ron wanting to ask Leslie for a job because he missed his friends.

You get to know a character for six years, and when they drop a bomb like that. Can't help but tear up.
That was a really good moment.
The one that got me was when Ron said: "I looked up and I didn't recognize anyone I was working with" or something like that.

It wasnt my favorite episode, but I probably would put Leslie & Ron in one of the best made episodes theyve done.

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #527
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Mark may not be back, but we know he's coming back:

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #528
PWN3R
Charlie Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post

One of the best TV friendships ever. Final season has been fun so far, but jesus man, those last two episodes and the Morning Star reveal had me all emotional.

I love these characters so much.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #529
Dr. Evil
Gamora

So now that Leslie and Ron have renewed their friendship, I'd be curious to see what happens when they want the same place for different reasons.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #530
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I wasn't sold on the Ron/Leslie fight. It seemed so implausible, but damn, the reasons they gave made me believe it. That **** was emotional.

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM   #531
Pink Ranger
Je suis Charlie

I still would love to see Ron work for the federal government to see how much damage he can do.

Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #532
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

When are we going to see the kids? Very last episode?

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #533
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Andy is still the best part of every show for me. "Put that down!", slowly puts down fast food bag haha

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs is online now   Reply With Quote