The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #501
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
You would/could expect this from youth team players to a degree (say 16/17 year old's) but grown men with 'mature' thinking.... geez.....
Judging by the conduct of a number of players *cough*Rooney*cough* it seems like a lot of average footballers never age past the mentality of a teenager. The club captain doing it is even more moronic, if West Brom had any integrity they’d strip him of the captaincy.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #502
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Judging by the conduct of a number of players *cough*Rooney*cough* it seems like a lot of average footballers never age past the mentality of a teenager. The club captain doing it is even more moronic, if West Brom had any integrity they’d strip him of the captaincy.
They did for yesterday's match, whether it's a long term thing not sure. On the whole, it's what happens when you taken young men out of full time education at an age of transition into young men and then give them thousands of pounds per week and leave them with no life responsibilities to have to underpin their lives week to week or day by day.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #503
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Rochdale have drawn at home 2-2 in the FA Cup, replay.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #504
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

last minute equalizer as well

Old 02-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #505
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
They did for yesterday's match, whether it's a long term thing not sure. On the whole, it's what happens when you taken young men out of full time education at an age of transition into young men and then give them thousands of pounds per week and leave them with no life responsibilities to have to underpin their lives week to week or day by day.
Ah okay, that's a good start - but for a player of Barry's seniority it's hugely surprising. I wouldn't feel someone guilty of that kind of conduct should captain my club if I was a manager/shareholder/board member.

As for the second part, it's unfortunately the case, especially with gifted young players that never have an opportunity to experience what it means to have to be accountable/responsible for your actions in the real world and not some protected bubble.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #506
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Real Madrid have never really operated in a sane manner, even if he wins another CL he could still end up getting the chop.
Unfortunately true.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:42 PM   #507
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

We seem to love wembley so much we invite everyone back.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:08 AM   #508
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
We seem to love wembley so much we invite everyone back.
Something I’ve been wondering if spurs make a final does this technically not give them the home advantage

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-19-2018, 03:44 AM   #509
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Something I’ve been wondering if spurs make a final does this technically not give them the home advantage
Depends how you look at it. Technically we could be considered to have played all our games away this season. Our form at wembley is nowhere near as good as our form at whl last season.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #510
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

thats my home town boy whoooooo lol

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 02-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #511
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

City couldn't get pastie Griggs.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #512
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

apparently there is footage of aguero striking a wigan fan on the pitch, but of course its not his fault as MOTD pundits claim he must have been provoked

Old 02-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #513
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
apparently there is footage of aguero striking a wigan fan on the pitch, but of course its not his fault as MOTD pundits claim he must have been provoked
Also ***hole City fans ripping up some of the Wigan stadium.....

Old 02-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #514
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Also ***hole City fans ripping up some of the Wigan stadium.....
so
pep start a fight in the tunnel over the red( there is video of this)
aguero swings at a fan then chases after him
the city fans rip up signs and throw them at police

but this is the great british barca answer with the holy saint in charge no one can dare speak ill of them

Old 02-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #515
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

So they aren't going to win the treble?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #516
Iceman
Infinity War!

Oh I missed the game. So the quad is over. Shows how hard it really is. City were the best positioned team I’ve ever seen with relatively easy draws in all cups, a foot in the next round of the CL and a huge lead in the league allowing them to rest players even for the minor Cups. They’ve blown it now anyway.

So Utd, Chelsea and Spurs left of the big clubs.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #517
Danyisqueen

Now my team Liverpool have a good lead, it will be great to sit back and watch the other teams in the Champion League this week. I think Chelsea will find it tough against Barcelona, but at the same time I wouldn't be too surprised if they manage to get a result either. Man U and Sevilla is more difficult to predict. I'm wondering if Pogba will play or not. You would think that Bayern will win.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #518
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

I do love the fa cup.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #519
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyisqueen View Post
Now my team Liverpool have a good lead, it will be great to sit back and watch the other teams in the Champion League this week. I think Chelsea will find it tough against Barcelona, but at the same time I wouldn't be too surprised if they manage to get a result either. Man U and Sevilla is more difficult to predict. I'm wondering if Pogba will play or not. You would think that Bayern will win.
My thoughts exactly, agreed on all the above.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:56 AM   #520
B
[insert witty comment]

Last nights result was exactly why I love the FA Cup & why the competition will always have a special place with me. Yeah there's the League Cup but it isn't the same & doesn't have the same sort of history.

It actually irritates me that clubs choose to field rotated, weakened or youth teams in the FA Cup, that usually was reserved for only League Cup games. I want the FA to strip the Premiership of the 4th place Champions League spot & give it to whoever wins the FA Cup, that will instantly restore some of the competitions prestige & perhaps give unlikely teams a chance at getting into the CL.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:59 AM   #521
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Amusing, I await to see what his ban will be.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:23 AM   #522
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Amusing, I await to see what his ban will be.
There won’t be the tunnel arguement is being described as passionate debating, and many reporters are supporting aguero saying he is in their right

Said it man time she the city team could punt a kid and the story would say the kid had it coming

Old 02-20-2018, 01:32 AM   #523
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
There won’t be the tunnel arguement is being described as passionate debating, and many reporters are supporting aguero saying he is in their right

Said it man time she the city team could punt a kid and the story would say the kid had it coming
There needs to be one, you are not allowed to touch a fan, even if they are invading the pitch. Players have been red carded for tackling or being overly rough in trying to deal with pitch invaders.

Sure look at Evra he's the most recent one I can think off at Marseille, 7 or 8 month ban for throwing a kick in the direction of a fan that had jumped down from the stadium to the pitchside billboards to challenge him.

I just watched the incident on BBC's website & the fan is taunting Aguero no doubt but according to the article Aguero pushed him (), get the absolute **** out of here, he flung his elbow/arm out at his face.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:51 AM   #524
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
There needs to be one, you are not allowed to touch a fan, even if they are invading the pitch. Players have been red carded for tackling or being overly rough in trying to deal with pitch invaders.

Sure look at Evra he's the most recent one I can think off at Marseille, 7 or 8 month ban for throwing a kick in the direction of a fan that had jumped down from the stadium to the pitchside billboards to challenge him.

I just watched the incident on BBC's website & the fan is taunting Aguero no doubt but according to the article Aguero pushed him (), get the absolute **** out of here, he flung his elbow/arm out at his face.
It’s the fact that he chases the fan fists closed I’m sure just to have a righteous debate about the state of youth football

Old 02-20-2018, 03:22 AM   #525
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Poor Manchester City City's defenders are good

Closed Thread