Keep it civil, guys.

Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 AM   #152
Heretic
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The Afghan War - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Who are these witnesses who saw the Navy SEAL chopper blow up as it left the Bin Laden compound (and then later saw body-parts scattered all over the ground... wow, these witnesses got to the crash site awfully fast)? Until you can give me a reputable source detailing that (and not something from some conspiracy theorist message board) then your post will remain the epic fail it's always been. Also the fact you say you have no real opinion either way and drone on about the government lying and covering up its tracks shows me you're at least entertaining the possibility of a conspiracy, despite your tepid denials.

Anyway this is a tragedy. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who believes this is part of some grand conspiracy is an idiot.
Let me clarify before I post...I am NOT saying that this witness is telling the truth...I am NOT saying that he is right. I am merely saying that he said it...which he did...and that conspiracy theorists will and HAVE used it to support their theories.

Mohammad Bashir, an eye witness, said to the Pakistani News Agency:
“there was only one that landed the men and came back to pick them up, but as he [the helicopter] was picking them up, it blew away and caught fire. We saw the helicopter burning, we saw the dead bodies, then everything was removed and now there is nothing.”

Okay...so...you were WRONG...and in fact, 100% of my post was correct. You may now say "well, that guy is wrong" but I never gave any weight to his opinion...I merely said that some conspiracy theorists ARE giving weight to his opinion.

Just because you are unaware of facts, doesn't mean that those facts don't exist...

So, yeah...that was some "fail" post of mine that you've repeatedly mocked as being fictional. Turns out, the only part that was fiction was what you assumed I implied in the post and what you guessed my possible reasoning was. Turns out, you were wrong.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #153
L.A.
Banned User

Seriously considering enlisting as an Army Ranger officer when I finish my college degree at the end of the year...

L.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #154
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Seriously considering enlisting as an Army Ranger officer when I finish my college degree at the end of the year...
FYI Army Ranger Officer isn't an actual MOS. You'd get an different "job" or MOS as an officer and then would just go to Ranger School. From there you could be assigned to an actual Ranger Battalion or go back to any regular unit just with Ranger training.

Now, I know people can re-enlist for Ranger School, but I'm not even sure if you can get that guaranteed on your initial contract (not sure though).

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but just want to make sure you don't sign a contract thinking Ranger Officer and then get screwed. Obviously if you're serious talk to a recruiter, but you can also PM me if you have other questions.

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #155
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Video shows Parallels between Soviets and the Americans in Afghanistan

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #156
8wid
Banned User

Default Most Afghans Have Never Heard of 9/11 Attacks

Many Afghans Have Never Heard of 9/11 Attacks

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #157
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure

Default Re: Most Afghans Have Never Heard of 9/11 Attacks

Right, a lot of them live in villages in that part of the world where their major concern is growing food and doing an honest days work. There are many parts of the world like this that still exist. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #158
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Nerd View Post
Right, a lot of them live in villages in that part of the world where their major concern is growing food and doing an honest days work. There are many parts of the world like this that still exist. This shouldn't surprise anyone.
Can you imagine not having seen The Dark Knight? That movie changed my life. And some of them will never even know the movie exists.

Gotham Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #159
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Knight View Post
Can you imagine not having seen The Dark Knight? That movie changed my life. And some of them will never even know the movie exists.
And so many Batfans can't understand why people say bad things about them....

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #160
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Sweet juice for Jesus at TDK changing a Batman fan's life.

S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #161
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
Afghans live with poverty , death , violence , etc. every day. Why should an event that happened in a country they've never heard of concern them ?

Scourge2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #162
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
How the f*** is that even remotely similar ? I mean really ?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #163
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

I would think so. It's a Third Country inhabited by mostly farmers, nomadic tribes, villagers, etc who have never seen a television set.

Why do you think several of these farmers became rebels after a large invading force started dropping bombs and troops?

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #164
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

You could have made this thread a year after the attacks. Such a disconnect in some parts of the world, it's frightening.

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Yurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #165
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
I would say that it should be a bore not living with entertainment like cinema, tv and everything else but they're too occupied making sure their food grow and everything else, we can't compreend because we don't live their lifes so

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #166
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurka View Post
You could have made this thread a year after the attacks. Such a disconnect in some parts of the world, it's frightening.
Not really. How many people in the third world are going to give a s*** about the great America getting attacked , when Americans don't really care that they die everyday ?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #167
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they don't know about 9/11, it's likely that they don't even know who Batman is and therefore wouldn't understand TDK even if they saw it. It's one thing to view that movie coming from a culture where everyone knows who Batman and the Joker are... I would imagine that viewing it without that knowledge would make it a rather bizarre movie. In other words, I don't really think they're missing out on anything if we look at the situation from their perspective.

Bat-Mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #168
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Yeah but what is there to say really?

We Americans have resources for researching but are completely unaware of what's going on in various other parts of the world.

For example, the only reason why half of America knows of what is transpiring in Darfur is because of the attention it's receiving from the media, and nothing more.

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #169
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge2099 View Post
Not really. How many people in the third world are going to give a s*** about the great America getting attacked , when Americans don't really care that they die everyday ?
And yet if we tried to do something about them dying (other than sending them tons of money that we can't afford to send), we would be told that we aren't wanted there and that we need to stop trying to be the world police. I don't really see how you expect America or Americans to be able to do anything in a situation like that.

Bat-Mite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #170
8wid
Banned User

Quote:
Afghans live with poverty , death , violence , etc. every day. Why should an event that happened in a country they've never heard of concern them ?
So they can understand why foreign troops are there in the first place.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #171
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
And so many Batfans can't understand why people say bad things about them....
Oh come on. It's just a joke. Not the subject, just the Batman movie changing my life.

And for the other dude, stop trying to play off of C. Lee's post. For goodness sake.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #172
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-Mite View Post
And yet if we tried to do something about them dying (other than sending them tons of money that we can't afford to send), we would be told that we aren't wanted there and that we need to stop trying to be the world police. I don't really see how you expect America or Americans to be able to do anything in a situation like that.
I'm saying to the 3rd world a 9/11 style event would be a normal thing pretty much. Sure we send money to those places , but it usually ends up in the pockets of warlords. Why do you think Haiti hasn't improved despite all those billions we've sent there ? It ends up in the hands of the corrupt and not in the hands of the people that actually need it.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #173
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
So they can understand why foreign troops are there in the first place.
To the average Afghan , the NATO and American troops there are just another in a long line of invaders. It doesn't matter to them why we are there , all they know is we are on their land.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #174
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

Quote:
I meant in terms of a massive global news story involving a terrorist attack killing 3,000+ people. Not as a story about their countrymen attacking the "great America".

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Yurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #175
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector

Seriously though. Have I been gone that long, that everyone forgot I'm not a complete and utter moron? Maybe it's because I've been up since yesterday. But I thought my sarcasm came off pretty clearly. I'll have to use a smiley next time.