The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 10-29-2017, 03:54 AM   #251
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I don't think anything you've described gives a definitive indication of that.

She may well be interested. She may also just enjoy you as a friend.

I certainly have friends of both sexes in my life that I enjoy talking to, texting, going for ice cream, going round for dinner etc.

Does she flirt with you? Does she ever break the intimacy barrier?
Uh, maybe? I'm pretty bad at this stuff with a lady I really like. We went to dinner and then Bill Burr. Had a good time. After that we walked around DTSP for a bit, then got Frosties at Wendy's and talked in my car about some pretty personal stuff for each of us. After that we ended up at this park way off in the cut right off the gulf. We chilled and talked some more, there was a bench there and she had room to not sit on my arm but did so that's kind of intimate?

Last weekend she was supposed to do something with her mom but got mad at her and called me. We went to this Screamageddon haunted house place an hour away. She had a lot of since she likes that's sort of thing. I thought it was pretty boring but enjoyed spending time with her.

Kind of think I should just ask if she wants to go on "date" date. Keep it simple so to speak. Feels like we are so close these days even if she said no we'd still continue being close friends. Just gotta get the courage to ask the question I guess.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #252
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Really couldn’t as the host is my best mate.
If he tries to do a New Year's or something, request that maybe more single people be invited.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #253
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Uh, maybe? I'm pretty bad at this stuff with a lady I really like. We went to dinner and then Bill Burr. Had a good time. After that we walked around DTSP for a bit, then got Frosties at Wendy's and talked in my car about some pretty personal stuff for each of us. After that we ended up at this park way off in the cut right off the gulf. We chilled and talked some more, there was a bench there and she had room to not sit on my arm but did so that's kind of intimate?
Any playful hitting? Touching you to talk to you?

Old 10-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #254
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Any playful hitting? Touching you to talk to you?
Eh, some here and there if memory serves me correctly but not like an every time we hang out kind of deal. But if she says something and I make a sexual innuendo then she always gets this sly kind of smile when she laughs at it. When we were chatting at Wendy's we were talking about relationships and my thoughts on things girls like and she kept referencing her ex and what she likes.

I do know that she is pretty conservative in that she expects the guy to make the first move. I also know that she is fickle af and can lose interest quickly which is how I tend to be with a lot of ladies these past few years too.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #255
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom
Everybody said that this would eventually happen, but I never once thought it was possible until it did happen...

I'm in love with my best friend. We've known each other ten years. First two years, we didn't ever really talk until she asked me to her junior prom which was the first hint I got that she might like me. After prom we actually became friends, but I never thought about us as more than that. Two years after prom, of all days of the year, she finally revealed her feelings for me on her birthday but I told her as nice as possible that I didn't feel the same way. She started crying (I know, I made a girl cry on her birthday I'm scum), and we didn't talk for an entire month. She came around and eventually started talking to me again. After another year, we went from being friends to best friends. We could literally talk to each other about anything.

Fast forward five years later, and I now have those feelings for her that she always had for me. We sat and talked a couple months ago and I told her how I feel about her. Ever hear how karma works? She doesn't seem interested anymore. Granted she never said that, but I've made multiple attempts to hang out with her since our talk, and now she's always busy or got other plans. Every single time I've asked her in the past, it was never once an issue, but suddenly things are completely different ever since I told her how I feel about her.

Before our talk we had made plans to go to the NC Comic Con in three weeks, and as far as I know we're still going. I asked her if we could get coffee next week, so we can sit and talk about our plans to which she said yes. Would it be better to bring up our past talk a couple months ago or should I just strictly talk about Comic Con? Have I screwed up my chances with her after all these years?

By the way, I am 26 and have never had a girlfriend in my entire life (my fault obviously) so I don't have any experience in or knowledge of relationships and would appreciate anyone's help. At this point, I feel like I may never be in any relationship if we don't end up together.
Alright so two years later. I was at church one Sunday morning a couple months ago and out of nowhere she came up to me and said that we should get together and go see a movie or something. Keep in mind this was the first time in a long time she approached me about anything so to say that I was caught off guard would be an understatement. I simply told her "alright" and went home scratching my head. She texted me later on that day and told me she tried to catch me after church, but really wanted to get together sometime whether it was a movie or not. Before I could even text her back she called me and wanted to know what I was doing right then and there. She invited me to get coffee and hang out with her before going back to church that night so I figured I would just to see what was going on. Turns out she had just broken up with her boyfriend. I played it cool on the outside, but I immediately put my guard up on the inside. My first thought is, "I'm nothing but a safety net to her. She's simply using me to get over her boyfriend." I went back to church that night, and after service she asked me if I had any dinner plans.

So we ended up going out to eat after church that night, hung out at her house and her parents' house later all day the following day, went out to eat the following Wednesday, and texted each other all throughout the week. Finally she admitted she was flirting with me and therefore had feelings for me. I took her out to eat again the following Friday so we could sit and talk about everything. She told me that the whole time she was dating her boyfriend she kept comparing him to me and thought why had she never given me a chance as well as admitting she had "butterflies" when she saw me that Sunday morning.

We left the restaurant and held hands the whole drive back to her house. I left for the beach the following morning and was gone the entire following week. We kept in touch, calling and texting each other every day, and made plans to go out to eat on Saturday.

I came back from the beach that Saturday and was getting ready to leave and pick her up when she texted me and told me she couldn't make it. I asked her if we could go out to eat after church the following night, but she never texted me back. I went to church the following morning and went to go sit beside her, and she had this look of disgust on her face. I asked her what's wrong, and she told me a couple of people at church were asking her about us and why we had been sitting together. I asked her if it bothered her, and she said yes. I bought her something while I was at the beach and tried to give it to her after church, but she acted like she didn't have time to get it, although she ended up taking it before leaving. Needless to say she's been like a completely different person, as if we never hung out or talked at all before I left for the beach. I've asked her if she felt like out hanging out sometime, but her excuse is always that she's busy which, I think, is a cop out when she apparently has time to hang out with other people. I've also noticed she goes out of her way to talk to everybody else at church without even looking at me.

Did I do something wrong, or did she use me to get over her boyfriend knowing that I still had feelings for her? Any help would be appreciated as I've just been so miserable lately.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:10 AM   #256
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Alright so two years later. I was at church one Sunday morning a couple months ago and out of nowhere she came up to me and said that we should get together and go see a movie or something. Keep in mind this was the first time in a long time she approached me about anything so to say that I was caught off guard would be an understatement. I simply told her "alright" and went home scratching my head. She texted me later on that day and told me she tried to catch me after church, but really wanted to get together sometime whether it was a movie or not. Before I could even text her back she called me and wanted to know what I was doing right then and there. She invited me to get coffee and hang out with her before going back to church that night so I figured I would just to see what was going on. Turns out she had just broken up with her boyfriend. I played it cool on the outside, but I immediately put my guard up on the inside. My first thought is, "I'm nothing but a safety net to her. She's simply using me to get over her boyfriend." I went back to church that night, and after service she asked me if I had any dinner plans.

So we ended up going out to eat after church that night, hung out at her house and her parents' house later all day the following day, went out to eat the following Wednesday, and texted each other all throughout the week. Finally she admitted she was flirting with me and therefore had feelings for me. I took her out to eat again the following Friday so we could sit and talk about everything. She told me that the whole time she was dating her boyfriend she kept comparing him to me and thought why had she never given me a chance as well as admitting she had "butterflies" when she saw me that Sunday morning.

We left the restaurant and held hands the whole drive back to her house. I left for the beach the following morning and was gone the entire following week. We kept in touch, calling and texting each other every day, and made plans to go out to eat on Saturday.

I came back from the beach that Saturday and was getting ready to leave and pick her up when she texted me and told me she couldn't make it. I asked her if we could go out to eat after church the following night, but she never texted me back. I went to church the following morning and went to go sit beside her, and she had this look of disgust on her face. I asked her what's wrong, and she told me a couple of people at church were asking her about us and why we had been sitting together. I asked her if it bothered her, and she said yes. I bought her something while I was at the beach and tried to give it to her after church, but she acted like she didn't have time to get it, although she ended up taking it before leaving. Needless to say she's been like a completely different person, as if we never hung out or talked at all before I left for the beach. I've asked her if she felt like out hanging out sometime, but her excuse is always that she's busy which, I think, is a cop out when she apparently has time to hang out with other people. I've also noticed she goes out of her way to talk to everybody else at church without even looking at me.

Did I do something wrong, or did she use me to get over her boyfriend knowing that I still had feelings for her? Any help would be appreciated as I've just been so miserable lately.
I would say you're focusing on the wrong thing, or rather the wrong person at church. You're going to be very unhappy if you're going there and constantly comparing how she treats others to how she treats you, or thinking about her while you're there.

Forget about how she treats others. She's obviously insecure if she's going to act differently towards you depending on whether others talk about the two of you.

You need to understand that you don't even have to do anything and people can still treat you this way. All you need is to be seen talking to someone and a third party making a comment and that can be enough to break up a friendship if one person is insecure and cares more about what others say than your friendship.

And that shows that when it comes down to it, she values other's opinions more than you. So it shows her true colours. And you don't really need a friend like that. There are other people who, when a third party makes an observation that you two are together even if you aren't, wouldn't care what that third party says and would be secure and mature enough to handle it.

Incidentally, that's one way to ruin a friendship by suggesting that two people are a couple, if one of them is insecure about these things. Don't try that. People need to mind their own business too.

If you're going to church, you should be focusing on God instead of becoming distracted by your emotions and all the game playing of relationships and why she's showing more attention to others. It's not meant to be a social club.

Once you have your focus back on the right thing, you won't seem as needy and it won't matter either whether she favours others more, and she may change. Or not. But even if she doesn't, it won't be as important and you'll be less miserable.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 11-14-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #257
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

...deleted

Last edited by Astro13Zombie; 11-14-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #258
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post

She told me that the whole time she was dating her boyfriend she kept comparing him to me and thought why had she never given me a chance as well as admitting she had "butterflies" when she saw me that Sunday morning.

We left the restaurant and held hands the whole drive back to her house.

I came back from the beach that Saturday and was getting ready to leave and pick her up when she texted me and told me she couldn't make it. I asked her if we could go out to eat after church the following night, but she never texted me back.

I went to church the following morning and went to go sit beside her, and she had this look of disgust on her face. I asked her what's wrong, and she told me a couple of people at church were asking her about us and why we had been sitting together. I asked her if it bothered her, and she said yes.

I bought her something while I was at the beach and tried to give it to her after church, but she acted like she didn't have time to get it, although she ended up taking it before leaving.
You've known this girl for a while. Personally, I'd tell her I want to start seeing her but I'm not in the mood for games and if she allows other people to influence who she's interested in then maybe we shouldn't be together.