The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2017, 03:54 AM   #251
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!
 
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I don't think anything you've described gives a definitive indication of that.

She may well be interested. She may also just enjoy you as a friend.

I certainly have friends of both sexes in my life that I enjoy talking to, texting, going for ice cream, going round for dinner etc.

Does she flirt with you? Does she ever break the intimacy barrier?
Uh, maybe? I'm pretty bad at this stuff with a lady I really like. We went to dinner and then Bill Burr. Had a good time. After that we walked around DTSP for a bit, then got Frosties at Wendy's and talked in my car about some pretty personal stuff for each of us. After that we ended up at this park way off in the cut right off the gulf. We chilled and talked some more, there was a bench there and she had room to not sit on my arm but did so that's kind of intimate?

Last weekend she was supposed to do something with her mom but got mad at her and called me. We went to this Screamageddon haunted house place an hour away. She had a lot of since she likes that's sort of thing. I thought it was pretty boring but enjoyed spending time with her.

Kind of think I should just ask if she wants to go on "date" date. Keep it simple so to speak. Feels like we are so close these days even if she said no we'd still continue being close friends. Just gotta get the courage to ask the question I guess.

__________________
RIP Vartha
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #252
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70,237
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Really couldn’t as the host is my best mate.
If he tries to do a New Year's or something, request that maybe more single people be invited.

__________________
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #253
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70,237
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Uh, maybe? I'm pretty bad at this stuff with a lady I really like. We went to dinner and then Bill Burr. Had a good time. After that we walked around DTSP for a bit, then got Frosties at Wendy's and talked in my car about some pretty personal stuff for each of us. After that we ended up at this park way off in the cut right off the gulf. We chilled and talked some more, there was a bench there and she had room to not sit on my arm but did so that's kind of intimate?
Any playful hitting? Touching you to talk to you?

__________________
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #254
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!
 
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Any playful hitting? Touching you to talk to you?
Eh, some here and there if memory serves me correctly but not like an every time we hang out kind of deal. But if she says something and I make a sexual innuendo then she always gets this sly kind of smile when she laughs at it. When we were chatting at Wendy's we were talking about relationships and my thoughts on things girls like and she kept referencing her ex and what she likes.

I do know that she is pretty conservative in that she expects the guy to make the first move. I also know that she is fickle af and can lose interest quickly which is how I tend to be with a lot of ladies these past few years too.

__________________
RIP Vartha
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #255
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: "I'm home!"
Posts: 2,350
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom
Everybody said that this would eventually happen, but I never once thought it was possible until it did happen...

I'm in love with my best friend. We've known each other ten years. First two years, we didn't ever really talk until she asked me to her junior prom which was the first hint I got that she might like me. After prom we actually became friends, but I never thought about us as more than that. Two years after prom, of all days of the year, she finally revealed her feelings for me on her birthday but I told her as nice as possible that I didn't feel the same way. She started crying (I know, I made a girl cry on her birthday I'm scum), and we didn't talk for an entire month. She came around and eventually started talking to me again. After another year, we went from being friends to best friends. We could literally talk to each other about anything.

Fast forward five years later, and I now have those feelings for her that she always had for me. We sat and talked a couple months ago and I told her how I feel about her. Ever hear how karma works? She doesn't seem interested anymore. Granted she never said that, but I've made multiple attempts to hang out with her since our talk, and now she's always busy or got other plans. Every single time I've asked her in the past, it was never once an issue, but suddenly things are completely different ever since I told her how I feel about her.

Before our talk we had made plans to go to the NC Comic Con in three weeks, and as far as I know we're still going. I asked her if we could get coffee next week, so we can sit and talk about our plans to which she said yes. Would it be better to bring up our past talk a couple months ago or should I just strictly talk about Comic Con? Have I screwed up my chances with her after all these years?

By the way, I am 26 and have never had a girlfriend in my entire life (my fault obviously) so I don't have any experience in or knowledge of relationships and would appreciate anyone's help. At this point, I feel like I may never be in any relationship if we don't end up together.
Alright so two years later. I was at church one Sunday morning a couple months ago and out of nowhere she came up to me and said that we should get together and go see a movie or something. Keep in mind this was the first time in a long time she approached me about anything so to say that I was caught off guard would be an understatement. I simply told her "alright" and went home scratching my head. She texted me later on that day and told me she tried to catch me after church, but really wanted to get together sometime whether it was a movie or not. Before I could even text her back she called me and wanted to know what I was doing right then and there. She invited me to get coffee and hang out with her before going back to church that night so I figured I would just to see what was going on. Turns out she had just broken up with her boyfriend. I played it cool on the outside, but I immediately put my guard up on the inside. My first thought is, "I'm nothing but a safety net to her. She's simply using me to get over her boyfriend." I went back to church that night, and after service she asked me if I had any dinner plans.

So we ended up going out to eat after church that night, hung out at her house and her parents' house later all day the following day, went out to eat the following Wednesday, and texted each other all throughout the week. Finally she admitted she was flirting with me and therefore had feelings for me. I took her out to eat again the following Friday so we could sit and talk about everything. She told me that the whole time she was dating her boyfriend she kept comparing him to me and thought why had she never given me a chance as well as admitting she had "butterflies" when she saw me that Sunday morning.

We left the restaurant and held hands the whole drive back to her house. I left for the beach the following morning and was gone the entire following week. We kept in touch, calling and texting each other every day, and made plans to go out to eat on Saturday.

I came back from the beach that Saturday and was getting ready to leave and pick her up when she texted me and told me she couldn't make it. I asked her if we could go out to eat after church the following night, but she never texted me back. I went to church the following morning and went to go sit beside her, and she had this look of disgust on her face. I asked her what's wrong, and she told me a couple of people at church were asking her about us and why we had been sitting together. I asked her if it bothered her, and she said yes. I bought her something while I was at the beach and tried to give it to her after church, but she acted like she didn't have time to get it, although she ended up taking it before leaving. Needless to say she's been like a completely different person, as if we never hung out or talked at all before I left for the beach. I've asked her if she felt like out hanging out sometime, but her excuse is always that she's busy which, I think, is a cop out when she apparently has time to hang out with other people. I've also noticed she goes out of her way to talk to everybody else at church without even looking at me.

Did I do something wrong, or did she use me to get over her boyfriend knowing that I still had feelings for her? Any help would be appreciated as I've just been so miserable lately.

__________________
Feel free to shoot me a PM and tell me what you think of my idea for a possible sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming with Daredevil!

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:10 AM   #256
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 43,718
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Alright so two years later. I was at church one Sunday morning a couple months ago and out of nowhere she came up to me and said that we should get together and go see a movie or something. Keep in mind this was the first time in a long time she approached me about anything so to say that I was caught off guard would be an understatement. I simply told her "alright" and went home scratching my head. She texted me later on that day and told me she tried to catch me after church, but really wanted to get together sometime whether it was a movie or not. Before I could even text her back she called me and wanted to know what I was doing right then and there. She invited me to get coffee and hang out with her before going back to church that night so I figured I would just to see what was going on. Turns out she had just broken up with her boyfriend. I played it cool on the outside, but I immediately put my guard up on the inside. My first thought is, "I'm nothing but a safety net to her. She's simply using me to get over her boyfriend." I went back to church that night, and after service she asked me if I had any dinner plans.

So we ended up going out to eat after church that night, hung out at her house and her parents' house later all day the following day, went out to eat the following Wednesday, and texted each other all throughout the week. Finally she admitted she was flirting with me and therefore had feelings for me. I took her out to eat again the following Friday so we could sit and talk about everything. She told me that the whole time she was dating her boyfriend she kept comparing him to me and thought why had she never given me a chance as well as admitting she had "butterflies" when she saw me that Sunday morning.

We left the restaurant and held hands the whole drive back to her house. I left for the beach the following morning and was gone the entire following week. We kept in touch, calling and texting each other every day, and made plans to go out to eat on Saturday.

I came back from the beach that Saturday and was getting ready to leave and pick her up when she texted me and told me she couldn't make it. I asked her if we could go out to eat after church the following night, but she never texted me back. I went to church the following morning and went to go sit beside her, and she had this look of disgust on her face. I asked her what's wrong, and she told me a couple of people at church were asking her about us and why we had been sitting together. I asked her if it bothered her, and she said yes. I bought her something while I was at the beach and tried to give it to her after church, but she acted like she didn't have time to get it, although she ended up taking it before leaving. Needless to say she's been like a completely different person, as if we never hung out or talked at all before I left for the beach. I've asked her if she felt like out hanging out sometime, but her excuse is always that she's busy which, I think, is a cop out when she apparently has time to hang out with other people. I've also noticed she goes out of her way to talk to everybody else at church without even looking at me.

Did I do something wrong, or did she use me to get over her boyfriend knowing that I still had feelings for her? Any help would be appreciated as I've just been so miserable lately.
I would say you're focusing on the wrong thing, or rather the wrong person at church. You're going to be very unhappy if you're going there and constantly comparing how she treats others to how she treats you, or thinking about her while you're there.

Forget about how she treats others. She's obviously insecure if she's going to act differently towards you depending on whether others talk about the two of you.

You need to understand that you don't even have to do anything and people can still treat you this way. All you need is to be seen talking to someone and a third party making a comment and that can be enough to break up a friendship if one person is insecure and cares more about what others say than your friendship.

And that shows that when it comes down to it, she values other's opinions more than you. So it shows her true colours. And you don't really need a friend like that. There are other people who, when a third party makes an observation that you two are together even if you aren't, wouldn't care what that third party says and would be secure and mature enough to handle it.

Incidentally, that's one way to ruin a friendship by suggesting that two people are a couple, if one of them is insecure about these things. Don't try that. People need to mind their own business too.

If you're going to church, you should be focusing on God instead of becoming distracted by your emotions and all the game playing of relationships and why she's showing more attention to others. It's not meant to be a social club.

Once you have your focus back on the right thing, you won't seem as needy and it won't matter either whether she favours others more, and she may change. Or not. But even if she doesn't, it won't be as important and you'll be less miserable.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"

Last edited by Dark Raven; 11-14-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #257
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 7,343
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

...deleted


Last edited by Astro13Zombie; 11-14-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #258
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70,237
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post

She told me that the whole time she was dating her boyfriend she kept comparing him to me and thought why had she never given me a chance as well as admitting she had "butterflies" when she saw me that Sunday morning.

We left the restaurant and held hands the whole drive back to her house.

I came back from the beach that Saturday and was getting ready to leave and pick her up when she texted me and told me she couldn't make it. I asked her if we could go out to eat after church the following night, but she never texted me back.

I went to church the following morning and went to go sit beside her, and she had this look of disgust on her face. I asked her what's wrong, and she told me a couple of people at church were asking her about us and why we had been sitting together. I asked her if it bothered her, and she said yes.

I bought her something while I was at the beach and tried to give it to her after church, but she acted like she didn't have time to get it, although she ended up taking it before leaving.
You've known this girl for a while. Personally, I'd tell her I want to start seeing her but I'm not in the mood for games and if she allows other people to influence who she's interested in then maybe we shouldn't be together.

__________________
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #259
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
 
Hobgoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lost with a faulty compass.
Posts: 19,219
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

How do I get my wife to help me around the house more? I do the majority of the cooking and all of the cleaning. Dishes will stay dirty in the sink for days if I don't do them. She doesn't sweep the floor despite our three cats and her dog that visits us and i had to show her how to mop a floor. She never did it again. I clean the cats litter boxes. She plays Splatoon from the time she comes home from work until bed.

I've talks to her and she just stared at me blankly. After I get more insistent she whines at me. Meanwhile god help me if I get between her and the tv if she is playing Splatoon. I blame her parents. They did everything for her.

Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #260
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 66,757
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

hide the switch and tell her she can't play it until her chores are done

all seriousness, tell her that you guys are a team and you should be tackling these things together. if one of you cooks, the other should at the very least help with the dishes

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(



Feb/March Fan Art Contest Click Here
Win Prizes!


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #261
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,958
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

I've only been dating this woman for a week, but have spent three nights at her place to give context. She is going to a friends party friday and says she plans on drinking. Ask if I can pick her up from there and take her home. Why do I feel like such a chump in this situation? Are there guys there? Who knows, but I feel like a wimp if I agree to pick her up after she drinks and parties with god knows who. Thoughts?

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #262
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 66,757
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

why isn't she inviting you to go with her?

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(



Feb/March Fan Art Contest Click Here
Win Prizes!


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #263
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70,237
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

And why do you assume she's hooking up with other people?

__________________
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:57 AM   #264
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,958
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

@ comic chick I'm wondering same thing.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:54 AM   #265
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger
 
RetrogradeOrbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In my head, listening to its voice...
Posts: 3,373
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

TLS
I'd be feeling like I was being used if that was me in your situation.
I'd certainly ask why you can't be there with her.

If you are not good enough to be there for the entire party why are you good enough to be a chauffeur...?

__________________
"Carpe Diem"

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:34 AM   #266
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,926
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I've only been dating this woman for a week, but have spent three nights at her place to give context. She is going to a friends party friday and says she plans on drinking. Ask if I can pick her up from there and take her home. Why do I feel like such a chump in this situation? Are there guys there? Who knows, but I feel like a wimp if I agree to pick her up after she drinks and parties with god knows who. Thoughts?
You gotta unpack your situation a bit more.

1)When you say dating a week, do you mean you guys have causally gone out on dates for a week but aren't bf and gf? In other words, have you two been in a relationship for a week or have you literally just been going out on dates for a week?

2) If there are guys there, and assuming you two are committed, do you trust her ?

3) Could it be that you guys have just spent three days in a row together and she wants a break from you for one night to be with her friends?

4) Did she say yes to you picking her up after the party?

5) Explain why you would feel like a chump. Do you think she'd just be using you as her designated driver? Do you think she's going to the party specifically to meet other guys?

6) How do you feel about her at this point? It's only been a week you've been dating, but I can't tell if you're feeling used, insecure, or suspicious .

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:21 AM   #267
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,642
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

So a guy I've been talking to got in a car accident last night and wanted me to go visit him after he got out of the emergency room. Problem being I was in my pajamas at 1 AM while he was about 2 hours away. I wanted to see him, but I also had work early in the morning, so I told him I would visit him at a later date. He seems okay with it, but I'm wondering if I made the right call...

__________________
#CAVILLRY
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:24 AM   #268
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 66,757
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

how soon can you, or are you willing to go see him?
you wouldve gotten there maybe by 330am at best, and it would have been another 2 hours to drive home after however long you intended to stay. also, i dont know if you were still going to go to work after that anyways.

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(



Feb/March Fan Art Contest Click Here
Win Prizes!


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

Last edited by ComicChick; 12-30-2017 at 04:56 AM.
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:41 AM   #269
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly
 
Black Narcissus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hogwarts
Posts: 23,693
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Uh, maybe? I'm pretty bad at this stuff with a lady I really like. We went to dinner and then Bill Burr. Had a good time. After that we walked around DTSP for a bit, then got Frosties at Wendy's and talked in my car about some pretty personal stuff for each of us. After that we ended up at this park way off in the cut right off the gulf. We chilled and talked some more, there was a bench there and she had room to not sit on my arm but did so that's kind of intimate?

Last weekend she was supposed to do something with her mom but got mad at her and called me. We went to this Screamageddon haunted house place an hour away. She had a lot of since she likes that's sort of thing. I thought it was pretty boring but enjoyed spending time with her.

Kind of think I should just ask if she wants to go on "date" date. Keep it simple so to speak. Feels like we are so close these days even if she said no we'd still continue being close friends. Just gotta get the courage to ask the question I guess.
Son, she wants you to initiate things, make the first goddamn move.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
So a guy I've been talking to got in a car accident last night and wanted me to go visit him after he got out of the emergency room. Problem being I was in my pajamas at 1 AM while he was about 2 hours away. I wanted to see him, but I also had work early in the morning, so I told him I would visit him at a later date. He seems okay with it, but I'm wondering if I made the right call...
You made the right call.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
my momma said my daddy's name was black narcissus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think I've solved the mystery of how BN ended up in hell...
Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:17 AM   #270
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 43,718
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
So a guy I've been talking to got in a car accident last night and wanted me to go visit him after he got out of the emergency room. Problem being I was in my pajamas at 1 AM while he was about 2 hours away. I wanted to see him, but I also had work early in the morning, so I told him I would visit him at a later date. He seems okay with it, but I'm wondering if I made the right call...
Is he a guy you've actually been seeing or just talking to? Because some people cold call me about accidents I've supposedly been in and want to know personal details.

In fact, the other day one called up and said "I understand you've been in an accident recently." I told him that I was in one just now and that they're really quick to follow up as soon as it happens. He asked how it happened and I said that he called me while I was driving and then I crashed as a result.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #271
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,764
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I would say you're focusing on the wrong thing, or rather the wrong person at church. You're going to be very unhappy if you're going there and constantly comparing how she treats others to how she treats you, or thinking about her while you're there.

Forget about how she treats others. She's obviously insecure if she's going to act differently towards you depending on whether others talk about the two of you.

You need to understand that you don't even have to do anything and people can still treat you this way. All you need is to be seen talking to someone and a third party making a comment and that can be enough to break up a friendship if one person is insecure and cares more about what others say than your friendship.

And that shows that when it comes down to it, she values other's opinions more than you. So it shows her true colours. And you don't really need a friend like that. There are other people who, when a third party makes an observation that you two are together even if you aren't, wouldn't care what that third party says and would be secure and mature enough to handle it.

Incidentally, that's one way to ruin a friendship by suggesting that two people are a couple, if one of them is insecure about these things. Don't try that. People need to mind their own business too.

If you're going to church, you should be focusing on God instead of becoming distracted by your emotions and all the game playing of relationships and why she's showing more attention to others. It's not meant to be a social club.

Once you have your focus back on the right thing, you won't seem as needy and it won't matter either whether she favours others more, and she may change. Or not. But even if she doesn't, it won't be as important and you'll be less miserable.
Dark Raven is correct about focusing on God.
To that end, two suggestions.
Maybe for awhile go to another church, one she doesn't attend.
If that is not an option, consider going to church with other friends.
Perhaps it would be easier to focus on the religious side of things if you went with more people, not just by yourself.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:35 PM   #272
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,642
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
how soon can you, or are you willing to go see him?
you wouldve gotten there maybe by 330am at best, and it would have been another 2 hours to drive home after however long you intended to stay. also, i dont know if you were still going to go to work after that anyways.
Part me felt guilty, but yeah we have just been talking nothing serious. But I am worried about him. His phone got disconnected and he hasn't returned any messages from the app we use.

__________________
#CAVILLRY
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #273
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 66,757
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

have you ever met in person before?

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(



Feb/March Fan Art Contest Click Here
Win Prizes!


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #274
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,958
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

The woman who I've been spending a lot of time with recently, we've come to a stand still. Past two days there hasn't been more than a couple of text a day. I just have no energy for dating or chasing someone. I'm ready to throw in the towel and try my luck with someone else if we're both bored already.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #275
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 66,757
Default Re: The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part

if you don't have energy for dating, how are you going to have energy to try your luck with someone else? unless you're just looking for a hookup.

it's been two days, and you haven't really spoke. that happens sometimes. life happens. before you "throw in the towel", maybe make the effort to contact her. phone call? visit in person?

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(



Feb/March Fan Art Contest Click Here
Win Prizes!


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.