The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 11-10-2017, 02:09 AM   #726
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: Wow! The NEW (Hype!) TiVo Can Do So Much! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
It's a great theme for an epic rousing action scene. But it's basically just a riff... it isn't a full song that represents the entire character. Nothing else from the WW score is memorable.
Its a "full song". Its on the BvS soundtrack.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 AM   #727
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
That does seem pretty lazy to just mash a bunch of different scores into one movie.
It also has touches from Ant-Man score, what makes it weirder is he wasn't the composer for that movie.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:49 AM   #728
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendver2 View Post
They could have just let the public name them that. That line coming from one of the members, especially the biggest member, is beyond cringe af. It's like Thor Ragnarok level of cringe. And this is DCEU. No way Terrio wrote that. It's gotta be Whedon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
Yeah Ragnarok with the cringeworthy "Asgard is not a place, its a people" line. Nothing screams thoughtfullyoscarworthy like "MARTHAAAAAAAAAAA"...

Seriously, why is it still a thing that somehow DCEU is more intelligent and on some kind of higher intellectual plan than Marvel when its a proven falsehood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consona View Post
Because it's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I wonder if these trolls do not understand the Martha scene or just want to troll calling it a dumb scene even though they know it's not just so they could continue their hatred and keep lying to themselves instead of admitting it. Such low! Possible only with such communities where there's so much worship. Reminds me of my country really. Realized that all are pretty dumb when it comes to fandom.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #729
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Who revealed the name Avengers to the public in the movie? All I know is Nick told Tony about 'the Avengers Initiative' across two movies.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:40 AM   #730
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

A new round of "critics are biased against DC and towards Marvel (and are bought by Disney too!)".

Quote:
Quote:
Funny how many headlines for Justice League reactions HAVE to mention that it’s flawed when no movie is perfect but when an MCU film that is flawed as well is reviewed nobody says s**t in the headline

https://twitter.com/BubbIyShai/statu...51531614425088

Good joke there is no bias and preconceptions here. Nearly every MCU film has weak script and villain but google "early reactions", it's "phenomenal", "early reactions heap praise", "call it best MCU". Not only they are quite misleading, but they color the whole thing.

Meanwhile at Rotten Tomatoes:

Quote:
JUSTICE LEAGUE BUZZ: IT'S NOT PERFECT, BUT IT'S FUN AND ENTERTAINING

F U
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulogonza View Post
by the way I love marvel as much as dc and I have all of the films of both, but this blindness with the flaws of marvel movies and the DC films' perfection requirement proves that people from the critical are partial and do not analyze both with fairness of the profession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Sushi View Post
It’s also a given that critics, who watch a LOT of movies, often write their reviews before seeing the movie. Which isn’t to say that they don’t change them after the screening, but they probably don’t throw out the whole thing very often. Critics were divided on MoS. They were almost entirely opposed to BvS. With JL, they already hate it when they see Zack’s name on it. Their hatred for BvS is baggage that comes with them into this movie. They’ll give Joss credit for what they like, and they’ll hang the rest on Zack.

Marvel has a ton of goodwill stored up, so that even a clunker like IM3 or Thor 2 gets a pass, mostly.

The thing is, that absolutely constitutes a bias. But it’s also the nature of the beast.

Disney probably gives them good swag, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
First off there are two perfect movies.

Hot Fuzz and Clue. I will fight anyone in a ring who disagrees with this fact.

I do feel like BVS and Suicide Squad got extra bits of undeserved negative press. These projects got very very hyped up and some critics went to town. Things like the "Martha" memes turned downright mean. That's how I'd describe the critics, they got mean.

With Marvel, they act like my married coworker. A cute women comes into the office for help, they will hand hold like they are helping this person through the door.

But I think we need fun from these movies right now. Get fun right. Then let the next person take it further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoedelonge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
"It's a fun and entertaining movie, all JL members shine. Can't wait for the next movies and better than BVS and SS. But still not perfect and is directed by Zack Snyder so I have to give it a ROTTEN rating."

- RT Critics
Fixed.

Last edited by BaelaTargaryen; 11-12-2017 at 07:46 AM.
BaelaTargaryen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #731
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I don't know why I still bother to correct these people lol

Aziz
Greens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #732
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Keyser Sushi is doing an excellent job filling the void left by The Guard.

#tehmarvelbias #2deep4you

Last edited by Flint Marko; 11-12-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #733
I Am The Knight
Infinity

There's no bias against DC, but some critics did go to town on BvS and SS

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #734
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Some DC fans are paranoid.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #735
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

Troll in the dungeon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Forever View Post
Why does no one call out the double standards though? Marvel gets a pass on everything while DC does not. Maybe it's because Marvel never reached the heights of anything like the TDK trilogy or WW. Maybe it's because people these days just want dumb fun rather than something thought provoking. At least Snyder tried to be more than another corporation pandering to the masses. Marvel is basically just the McDonald's of superhero movies.
Quote:
What's sad is how unfair this is. Justice League is said to have a weak story with great character moments....just like...The Avengers. Yet it's going to be trashed while The Avengers got a 92 and got treated like a cultural phenomenon.
Quote:
Just look at this one example. Everyone is complaining about the red skies in Justice League and how bad it looks, how it's like a video game, etc, yet NO ONE complains about the SAME THING in Thor. If this isn't a double standard for Marvel, IDK what is.

Quote:
I'm just waiting to get called a troll for saying this...when I'm just sharing my honest opinion and asking some hard questions. That's what people do these days to any opinion that doesn't agree that Marvel is king. King of pandering, sure.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #736
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I had no idea that was a second account until this
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Considering your original name praised the MCU....I'd call it trolling. Buh bye.

YOUTUBE

Old 11-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #737
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
I really envy the Marvel fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
I don’t. DC have by leaps and bounds the best comic book movies ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Let’s take it back even further. Swamp Thing, baby!!!

Quote:
Good catch.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #738
DarthSkywalker

Goddamn.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #739
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

That was a fun conversation, I'm glad I witnessed it while it lasted.

YOUTUBE

Old 11-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #740
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #741
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Quote:
My new wallpaper.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
[photo of harlequinade]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Consona, that's a bit creepy even for me. Anyone is welcome to visit my twitter but I don't actually post personal pics here

Also that ****ing mirror is so dirty there
Quote:
Sorry, should have post some emoji along with it since it was, of course, a joke. Not that you wouldn't make a nice wallpaper but I'm not that kind of creepy to put that photo there and stare at it every time my PC just booted.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #742
DarthSkywalker

Kane can't quite the JL forum. Please never do.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #743
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Christmas was on November 17th for Kane.

jokesonm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #744
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamBat View Post
It'd be ironic if I was posting obsessively about how much the MCU blows in the infinity war threads, every single day, without ever visiting any other threads or forums, like you guys with the JL threads. As it stands, I mentioned my dislike for the MCU to underscore that I don't do that... Nice try I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
The MCU isn't my thing in the slightest. Never once visited the MCU forums in all my years here.
Quote:
I have like once or twice but like.. What is there even to discuss? I watched the IW trailer and what is there even to speculate about? Could Bruce Banner be inside the new hulkbuster? I guess so. Could Peter's arm hair standing up mean his spidey sense is developing? Yeah probably. What else? ...Could Vision lose the mind gem? Yeah duh. Um... Yeah that's about it. Those 4 armed aliens are called outriders and they can extract information by sucking it out of your mind or whatever. I think Tony's carrying that flip phone given to him by Cap at the end of civil war. Cool. Yeah. Quips. Seriously I'm going to have to go there to see what they're talking about if I'm ever bored enough. I'm genuinely interested because right then and there I'm pretty sure I exhausted all talking points and questions raised by the trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
The IW trailer is no different than any first trailer for a major blockbuster. Hell, some trailers reveal even less and it can generate pages upon pages of discussion. I couldn't tell you what there is to discuss because I don't tend to think about the MCU too much beyond watching the movies, but I'm sure there's plenty to talk about for the fans.
Quote:
Remember the first Justice League trailer? Here's the questions and talking points it raised: Who's that on the horse in that icy terrain? It's Bruce? What's he doing? What's going to happen to Victor's dad? Is he going to be killed by that parademon? -insert convos about how the parademons look- What does "the age of heroes" refer to? Who's tossing that truck that Cyborg intercepts? -discussions about Cyborg's look, CGI, powers- Woah the Tactical batsuit in action finally! -insert convos about that- Where's Batman in that shot? It looks like it could be a different planet altogether. Could Superman be standing in that line-up shot between Barry and Diana? Who are those armed thugs Diana is fighting and where are they? Looks like a bank or something. Woah what's up with Cyborg flying? And his armor covers his whole face? -convos back and forth about the design and the concept in general- Is Diana generating lightening with her shield? -Insert convos about how it could it be because she's Zeus' daughter- Where's Barry running while in the speedforce, darting from left to right? What's that new contraption Batman is using and where are they fighting? Is that Barry's dad in jail? -insert convos about how it might set up his solo movie- Again, where are they? It looks like an alien ship or something. "Playing well with others again"? Is that a reference to the bat-family? And so on.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #745
Kane52630
Joker Got Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoedelonge View Post
I'm just saying that you can't objectively say that one trailer raises a lot more talking points than another. It's all subjective. Of course fans of the MCU are going to feel that there's quite a bit to discuss from the footage released so far. Likewise for DCEU fans on the JL trailers. There's no need to argue that one trailer raises a lot more talking points than another or something.

Anyhoo, I have no idea how this argument even got started, but I just thought I'd chime in with that lol.
Quote:
Of course I can... It's not really subjective at all. It's not like being a DC fan made much difference in regards to the talking points I brought up. You could be a life-long Wonder Woman fan and still be unsure if she was conjuring lightening in that scene. Due to the various interpretations and discrepancies in the comics and cartoons and the fact that movies stray from the source material. Literally all the questions and points I brought up, are still valid and still occur to anyone who watches the trailer and has watched previous DCEU movies... Whether they be a DC fan or not. You absolutely can say one trailer raises more questions and provides a lot more to discuss.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #746
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Some people can read the label on a stick of gum....and see the universe.

-Lex luthor

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #747
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Greetings, from....
Guess who.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
There hasn’t been a single great DCEU villain
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Ahoy ahoy! Expect to find a jar of piss on your doorstep tomorrow morning for that comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Who the **** came up with that wack ass interpretation of Lex. Those quirks were so cringe and unnatural lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
The jar of piss was Lex's way of reminding Finch that despite her adamant protestations, he had, in fact, been able to fool her. It wasn't some sort of generic all-purpose practical joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
What a way to break the fun. C'mon Miss Lane, join us in the fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
Nope.

YOUTUBE

Old 12-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #748
I Am The Knight
Infinity

And then it continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38
The jar of piss was Lex's way of reminding Finch that despite her adamant protestations, he had, in fact, been able to fool her. It wasn't some sort of generic all-purpose practical joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord
It was stupid and has no place near a comic book movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38
Says who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschah2012
Says everyone . The movie you’re defending is a major failure. I don’t think you realize that you’re literally the only person that is able to see some imaginary deepness to a critically maligned movie. You’re able to defend every criticism because you perceive this movie in an imaginary way.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #749
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Seeing the JL forum making fun of Thanos' look is rich.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #750
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Someone had to say it.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote