The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 11-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 1

It's pretty telling.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
samsnee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 2

Should probably just change the name of this thread to The Sexual Harassment thread

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #5
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 2

Hollywood is an exceptionally sexist environment. This has been clear for a long time given their track record on representation and hirings, but these abuse scandals can serve as confirmation.

A woman is more likely to be elected United States Senator, to win a Nobel prize in science, or to serve on the board of a Fortune 500 company, than she is to win an Oscar for best director.

[reposted, so that it's not lost]

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #6
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko
He's had multiple accusers. So no, it hasn't been proven in a court of law but one can look at the smoke and reasonably assume that there's a fire somewhere.
There was a new article up on yahoo a few weeks ago with a detailed account of one of Singer's "pool parties" by someone that was invited there. It was taken down within hours along with the young man's tweets (and possibly twitter account, I can't remember). Something tells me he's one of the nerve centers for this trafficking/pedo Hollywood ring.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

PBU it is.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #8
Sithborg
About time Filoni

I think the fact that Patty Jenkins was only contracted out for one WW movie is all the evidence you need for the difficulties woman directors face.

And, as this thread is a testament too, a **** ton of harrassment and assault.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #9
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
I think the fact that Patty Jenkins was only contracted out for one WW movie is all the evidence you need for the difficulties woman directors face.
That is because women don't like making blockbusters. None of them are into such genres.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #10
regnak
Side-Kick

Quote:
To be fair the way the DCEU started off I would not have given any director multiple movies until I saw how their first one turned out. Not doing that got them stuck with Zach Snyder for JL until he decided to bow out.

regnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #11
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnak View Post
To be fair the way the DCEU started off I would not have given any director multiple movies until I saw how their first one turned out. Not doing that got them stuck with Zach Snyder for JL until he decided to bow out.
That isn't what happened, at all. They decided on Snyder three separate times.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #12
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

The reason that Patty Jenkins didn't get a lot of contracts and didn't take as many movies as for example Brett Ratner is that she's a woman and women aren't that interested in filmmaking.

;-)

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #13
FilmNerdJamie
I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!
SHH! Global Moderator

Sure, George. It was totally the Russians and not you being a creep.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:19 PM   #14
DarthSkywalker

Now I really do think he did it.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #15
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Yeah, that denial isn't helping his cause.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #16
kevork89
Side-Kick

What i'm most interested (I guess that's the word i'm looking for) in, is finding out who is involved in the pedophilia aspect of Hollywood. Based on things i've read and what has been said by people in the past and what's coming to light is so so scary. The fact that these kids are unprotected in Hollywood, left on sets with producers and whoever doing god knows what to them is absolutely frightening. I know anyone can write those blind items but i've read a ton lately especially during the 80s and 90s. It sounds like all these young kids from sitcoms and what not were assaulted. I just don't understand how it happens and how people can do that.

I hope all these actors who are still alive and ok just pool together and take down these scum.

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #17
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Tv Tropes refers to that as the suspiciously specific denial.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #18
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:

I mean yes women directors do face a lot, but I don't think that's an example. I feel like most times directors are only contracted for 1 movie. It's rare but I can't remember many major series in recent years that kept 1 director for the whole stretch unless it was shot back to back. TDKT is the only one I can remember that wasn't shot back to back from recent years. Russo Bros with Cap 2 & 3.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #19
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Patty Jenkins being contracted only for one movie is actually a good thing for her. Now that the first movie was a hit she can ask for a bigger paycheck to comeback for a sequel.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #20
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
There was a new article up on yahoo a few weeks ago with a detailed account of one of Singer's "pool parties" by someone that was invited there. It was taken down within hours along with the young man's tweets (and possibly twitter account, I can't remember). Something tells me he's one of the nerve centers for this trafficking/pedo Hollywood ring.
Accusations have been popping up against Singer for years, so it's definitely not anything new with him. If I remember correctly, his name used to pop up alot with Spacey's which makes sense considering Supes Returns. Jesus... could you imagine being ganged up on by two fairly powerful people in Hollywood, and you're deathly afraid any wrong move or "no" could cripple your career? It's terrifying to consider.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #21
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:

It's actually pretty common to only get signed for a single film until they know what it's gonna do at the box office. The second contract is usually when multiple pictures start coming into play. It's just a big game because then the director's have significantly more bargaining power as well at that point. Now the actors are a different story. They get hit with that multi-picture deal up front which sucks for them.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #22
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevork89 View Post
What i'm most interested (I guess that's the word i'm looking for) in, is finding out who is involved in the pedophilia aspect of Hollywood. Based on things i've read and what has been said by people in the past and what's coming to light is so so scary. The fact that these kids are unprotected in Hollywood, left on sets with producers and whoever doing god knows what to them is absolutely frightening. I know anyone can write those blind items but i've read a ton lately especially during the 80s and 90s. It sounds like all these young kids from sitcoms and what not were assaulted. I just don't understand how it happens and how people can do that.

I hope all these actors who are still alive and ok just pool together and take down these scum.
Idk...wasn't Feldman supposed to start naming names, or was that only after he got his 10 million in "protection" money?

Old 11-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #23
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Patty Jenkins being contracted only for one movie is actually a good thing for her. Now that the first movie was a hit she can ask for a bigger paycheck to comeback for a sequel.
Indeed...and she straight up got PAID to come back, so it definitely worked in her favor.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #24
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevork89 View Post

Make no mistake, this is STILL active in Hollywood. Finn Wolfhard's agent was fired after accusations were made against him from sexual assault by another client. Ever wonder what happened to Ashton Kutcher in films? He's been VERY active in battling child human trafficking, even going as far as going to congress.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #25
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Yeah, I've always respected Kutcher and found it hilarious how so many fanboys bash him yet in his actual life he does a lot of noble ****.