The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 11-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #76
Elektra1
geetard gif!

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 2

Jesus. Defending some guy you don't even know in two different threads seems a bit obsessive.

Elektra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #77
mari100
Banned User

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You really need to calm down.

Apparently she said he tried to put his finger in her crack....as far as I know, he hasn't said he didn't, he said he was sorry for what he did (without going into specifics on what he did)....so that's the story.
I am calm. That's not the story. He hasn't addressed it at all. As far as I know, he hasn't said he did it either. So what's your point?

mari100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #78
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I believe I read that other women at the party also came forward and said he was going around trying his bit with them. So in that case it seems it wouldn't have been only the one woman.
Someone else said she heard it from either other people at the party or women working as staff at the party. That isn't a first hand account, so it is a different question. But yeah.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #79
mari100
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra1 View Post
Jesus. Defending some guy you don't even know in two different threads seems a bit obsessive.
Maybe. Condemning people you don't even know for things you don't know for sure seems a bit unfair too imo. But thanks for your advice.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #80
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari100 View Post
I am calm. That's not the story. He hasn't addressed it at all. As far as I know, he hasn't said he did it either. So what's your point?
My point?

My point is....I told you to calm down and to step out of this thread for awhile....so step out.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #81
mari100
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Someone else said she heard it from either other people at the party or women working as staff at the party. That isn't a first hand account, so it is a different question. But yeah.
Yeah...bla bla bla.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #82
Elektra1
geetard gif!

Unfair and obsessive are two very different things.

Elektra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #83
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari100 View Post
Maybe. Condemning people you don't even know for things you don't know for sure seems a bit unfair too imo. But thanks for your advice.
We know he sexually assaulted Hilarie Burton.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #84
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Remember folks....discuss things civilly and don't ignore my suggestions.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #85
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
Ah, you're right. I misremembered what was actually reported

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #86
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Ah, you're right. I misremembered what was actually reported
There is so much, it can be hard to remember. A lot of googling in these situation.

Like today, another story involving Hilarie Burton.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ent/861180001/

Old 11-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #87
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Well, seems all that news awhile ago about a warrant for McGowan's arrest panned out- she turned herself in. Was immediately released after posting bond, but I didn't think that story would actually continue.

Also, wait, how did things here circle back to Affleck? Or do I even want to know?

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #88
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Quote:
There is so much, it can be hard to remember. A lot of googling in these situation.

That's horrible. I used to watch that show, I had a huge crush on Sophia Bush.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:10 PM   #89
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:

Isn't Hilarie married to Jeffrey Dean Morgan?

Old 11-14-2017, 07:51 PM   #90
DarthSkywalker

Not sure if they are married, but I do believe they are together and have kids.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #91
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Anyone else feel like Bobby Kotick is next?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #92
Teelie
Merc with a paintbrush

Kotick is a verified *******, just not sure if sexual harassment/assault is a part of it.

Teelie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #93
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

Ben Affleck Jokes About Sexual Harassment in Hollywood During ‘Justice League’ Interview

Old 11-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #94
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Not helping, Ben.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #95
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Jesus, now finding Zatanna in fishnets attractive or referring to the sexual harassment scandal is “making a rape joke?”.

Ever referring to anything sexual related to a woman is always going to be perpetuating rape culture, now? Let’s cut to the chase and cut out every man’s tongue and save everyone some trouble, rather

DeadPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #96
Zarex
Side-Kick

edit

Last edited by Zarex; 11-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #97
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Jesus, now finding Zatanna in fishnets attractive or referring to the sexual harassment scandal is “making a rape joke?”.

Ever referring to anything sexual related to a woman is always going to be perpetuating rape culture, now? Let’s cut to the chase and cut out every man’s tongue and save everyone some trouble, rather
When that person has a history of sexual assault? Yeah, maybe one should keep such things to themselves. Also it is a very stupid comment in context. Don't say you need women in the group for representation and then reduce said character to cheap sexual fodder.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #98
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I mean, what's with these ladies and their "I just want to do my job and live my life without being coerced, threatened, intimidated and demeaned" attitudes? The men being accused of garbage behavior are the real victims here!
Nah, that's a bit of a faux-alarmist, bull**** routine by referring to actual cases of problematic behavior and trying to lump distasteful comments in with them. The hyperbole necessary to categorize what Affleck said this time (inadvisably) with a "rape joke" is laughable. Trying to make it seem like I'm victim blaming when I don't share your level of outrage is also a bull**** tactic.

I agree that Affleck's "You following the news at all?" comment is in poor taste, but does it constitute a rape joke? That seems a little insane.

Should we be condemning Ezra for responding to Ben's comment about Momoa taking his clothes off with "Some of us don't mind" as objectifying or making a rape joke toward Momoa? Or is it alright because Ezra identifies as queer so it's not a problem? Or maybe it was it just an offhand comment that's just not an absolute train smash and not everything needs to result in absolute moral outrage.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #99
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
When that person has a history of sexual assault? Yeah, maybe one should keep such things to themselves. Also it is a very stupid comment in context. Don't say you need women in the group for representation and then reduce said character to cheap sexual fodder.
I agree completely, I'm simply pointing out that any comment in poor taste doesn't necessarily categorize it as a rape joke or condoning rape. It was a stupid comment, it doesn't seem like it's anything more.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #100
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
I agree completely, I'm simply pointing out that any comment in poor taste doesn't necessarily categorize it as a rape joke or condoning rape. It was a stupid comment, it doesn't seem like it's anything more.
The headline says Ben Affleck jokes about sexual harassment. And what he literally does is commit sexual harassment with Gal Gadot right there. Beyond the fishnets comment, he makes light of the situation in Hollywood, even as he has admitted to doing it himself.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/ben...ew-1201897613/

Quote:
Affleck said he’d love to bring Black Canary on board, citing the need to improve the amount of women in the group, but he also uncomfortably quipped, “The fishnets right?,” after Fisher picked the magician Zatanna. The interview got awkward when Boyden asked the cast what they would do if a character like Supergirl joined the team, which would mean a new actress on set.

Affleck laughed and sarcastically responded, “Are you following the news at all?,” alluding to Hollywood’s harassment and abuse problem. The comment was followed by an uneasy silence.