The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #651
Frico
The Man Without Fear

Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - Part 14

O.o

I'm just trying to make my city a better place. Daredevil. Netflix. April 10.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #652
Snow Queen
4AF

I picked up Batman and Batman & Robin this week. Batman was good, better than lest week but not great and Batman & Robin was great. I hope Carrie comes back though, be it as Robin or not. I enjoyed her appearance.

Just when I drop Batgirl, they introduce the character I was interested in reading. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow then. Hopefully there are still a few in stock.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #653
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Batman & Robin continues to be the only book on the shelf playing the death of Damian believably. It is also the best Batbook on the shelf. I'm glad it's starting to get more recognition for that.

Also, as I point out every month, Patrick Gleason is a amazing. I would be thrilled if he and Capullo remained on their respective books for the far foreseeable future. Both excellent.

If I had to pick one, though, it would be Gleason. I struggle to think of superhero comics with better emotional story telling in the art. Gleason says more with Batman's lower jaw then most artists do with an entire face.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #654
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
I picked up Batman and Batman & Robin this week. Batman was good, better than lest week but not great and Batman & Robin was great. I hope Carrie comes back though, be it as Robin or not. I enjoyed her appearance.
Tomasi has said in interviews that she has a long term role to play. No indication one way or another if that role is Robin, but she's definitely sticking around.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #655
Snow Queen
4AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Tomasi has said in interviews that she has a long term role to play. No indication one way or another if that role is Robin, but she's definitely sticking around.
Oh thank God, I loved her. Her in this issue was like a much better version of Harper (I enjoyed her in Batman 12, not so much 18).

Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #656
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Yeah, and I like how there's actually a believable reason for a human girl to be included in the comic, whereas with Harper it's like "Crazy person decides to follow Batman, and can do so without being noticed because Batman apparently sucks or something."

Tomasi is critically under appreciated, Batman & Robin should be the flagship title. Also, I hereby grant Tomasi exclusive license to pick the new Robin. With Morrison gone, he will be the only one I trust to do it right (Carrie or otherwise).

Old 04-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #657
Snow Queen
4AF

Quote:
Yeah, and I like how there's actually a believable reason for a human girl to be included in the comic, whereas with Harper it's like "Crazy person decides to follow Batman, and can do so without being noticed because Batman apparently sucks or something."

Tomasi is critically under appreciated, Batman & Robin should be the flagship title. Also, I hereby grant Tomasi exclusive license to pick the new Robin. With Morrison gone, he will be the only one I trust to do it right (Carrie or otherwise).
I really hope it ends up being Carrie at the moment. Out of our options, it just seems like the best choice. Harper might not be too bad in short doses (hopefully she's done much better in 'Tec when she appears there) as a recurring tech character who appears every once in a while but definitely not as Robin. Carrie though was written really well and would be fun to see on a monthly basis in B&R.

I agree with most of those. Tomasi is a fantastic writer and way too under appreciated. And he definitely should get to pick the next Robin.

As for the flagship title, I still say that should be Detective Comics.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #658
Mystirious
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post

Just when I drop Batgirl, they introduce the character I was interested in reading. I'll have to pick it up tomorrow then. Hopefully there are still a few in stock.
I hope you're able to get a copy tomorrow and that you enjoy it when you read it

Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #659
craigdbfan
Banned User

Can you guys help me out here. What issue is this panel from?

Sorry about the Batglutes in advance.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #660
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
Gail Simone finally introducing a transgender character into the DCU is something that I think is absolutely wonderful

It's long past time we saw transgender characters appearing in both the DC and Marvel universe and Alysia is a fab transgender character. I love that Barbara was completely accepting of her too

Looking forward to seeing more of Alysia in the comic

And hopefully she's just the first of many canon trans characters we'll see in the DCU along with more lesbian, gay and bisexual characters

That be what I want to read about in my comics
Just what makes her a fabulous character? Because there really hasn't been anything remarkable about her since the series has been around. This revelation is more along the lines of "Who cares" and just comes out of nowhere from a narrative point of view IMO. Maybe it'll end up like the Rictor/Shatterstar relationship and end up being good, but this is just one big meh to me.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #661
Naked Shia
Nikkid's law

I totally agree Batman & Robin needing to be the flagship title. It has been nothing short of brilliant since Tomasi first issue, pre flashpoint. his strength is how he's able to tell a lot about these characters, without stating the obvious unlike other writers. he also knows how to work well with an artist. Gleason's art is also stellar.

The only flaw about Batman & Robin so far, is that they had to tie several issues to Snyder's definitive epic game changing stories. Now that he's busy with year zeo, Tomasi and gleason will be able to truly show what they have in store.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #662
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

Anyone love Lil Gotham as much as me? Very entertaining read

Old 04-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #663
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
I totally agree Batman & Robin needing to be the flagship title. It has been nothing short of brilliant since Tomasi first issue, pre flashpoint. his strength is how he's able to tell a lot about these characters, without stating the obvious unlike other writers. he also knows how to work well with an artist. Gleason's art is also stellar.

The only flaw about Batman & Robin so far, is that they had to tie several issues to Snyder's definitive epic game changing stories. Now that he's busy with year zeo, Tomasi and gleason will be able to truly show what they have in store.
I think that with Batman doing the whole Zero Year story, I think that they should move Tomasi and Gleason to Detective Comics and make that the flagship title set in the present day.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #664
Mee
2 E's are better than 1

Quote:

Also, as I point out every month, Patrick Gleason is a amazing. I would be thrilled if he and Capullo remained on their respective books for the far foreseeable future. Both excellent.
I'd like to see Maleev get a Batbook full time (I've been saying this since his DD run with Bendis), his backups are great.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #665
Scarecrow_King
Perpetually Annoyed

I remember the first time I saw Maleev's work, which was during No Man's Land. It was awesome.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #666
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
Anyone love Lil Gotham as much as me? Very entertaining read
Oh God yes.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 04-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #667
Tvar10
Who the hell is Bucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Oh God yes.
Glad I'm not the only one lol

Old 04-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #668
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I read Batman and Robin #18-19 last night. I haven't read the title for a loooong time (I stopped either when Morrison or Dick Grayson left the book, can't remember which), but DAMN. What have I been missing?! I've only been reading Batman, which started really strong post-New 52, but has stalled IMO. I probably need to be picking up B&R in new issues and previous trades from here on.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #669
Donnie Darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Just what makes her a fabulous character? Because there really hasn't been anything remarkable about her since the series has been around. This revelation is more along the lines of "Who cares" and just comes out of nowhere from a narrative point of view IMO. Maybe it'll end up like the Rictor/Shatterstar relationship and end up being good, but this is just one big meh to me.
You're forgetting that EVERY gay, lesbian, or transgender character is automatically the greatest character ever invented.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #670
JewishHobbit
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post
No they should not

If DC ever replaced Kate Kane with some tedious heterosexual character I would boycott DC forever

Batwoman is an awesome lesbian hero and that's why i love her. I have no interest or desire in reading about some boring straight woman in the role and if DC ever replaced Kate with Kathy i would stop buying ALL DC products

Just as soon as I got done vomiting

And yet, you were totally cool with DC switching Alan Scott from straight to homosexual? Kind of a double standard there.

Personally, I'd rather they not switch out Kate because she's a great character. It has absolutely nothing to do with her sexual preference.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #671
Anubis
Sup?

Can we please not do this boos**t again? She loves LBGT characters. Yes she's got a whole hypocrite thing going on. You're not going to change her mind, and yes she is aware of it. Enough already.

H.E.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 AM   #672
JewishHobbit
Banned User

You make it sound like I was trying to start something, but I like mysti just fine. She can be hypocritical regarding LBGT characters all she wants. I have no problem with that; I was just commenting.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #673
Donnie Darko

I'm waiting for a creator to introduce a character that is written and drawn like a Rob Liefeld creation, kicks puppies, gained his powers by finding an ancient artifact on a seal-clubbing expedition, denies the Holocaust, and just happens to be gay.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #674
Tao43
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
I'm waiting for a creator to introduce a character that is written and drawn like a Rob Liefeld creation, kicks puppies, gained his powers by finding an ancient artifact on a seal-clubbing expedition, denies the Holocaust, and just happens to be gay.
Magog from Kingdom Come perhaps?

Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #675
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
lmao ^~^

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Closed Thread