The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #426
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I'm not understanding her allure either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Or I.
You're both dead to me.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #427
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I feel we will get an "avengers assemble" in this movie I was hoping they would be the final lines of tws , and hopefully an "ultron I would have words with thee" as well

Old 03-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #428
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

So any word on what was shown for AoU in the marvel special? There are already pics of the GotG stuff

Old 03-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #429
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Its on tuesday is it not?

Old 03-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #430
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Its on tuesday is it not?
Yes sir. Some people from another site saw it early and have pics

Old 03-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #431
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Ooohhh... thats exciting then.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #432
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Regarding the balancing of the characters, I hope Thor gets a bigger role and more development this time.

Although I thought the first film did a great job balancing its characters overall, I took issues with the way they incorporated Thor. To me, he never felt like an Avenger, but more like someone who was helping out the Avengers. I can't really explain it, but I never felt like I got in his head as much as I did with Tony/Steve/Natasha/Bruce. He felt "just there" because Loki was there. With the four other Avengers I just brought up, I not only felt I more I was in their head but I also felt they had more of an established relationship and dynamic.

Even Hawkeye felt more like a team member than Thor did. He kinda had the same problems I just brought up, but I gave him more of a pass because 1) He isn't as major of an Avenger as Thor is and 2) He had an established relationship/dynamic with the Black Widow, which made him feel more "in" the team.
I agree completely. Some more personal moments with the others would help alleviate this issue. Iron Man and Cap fighting him at the beginning also contributed to him feeling like an outsider, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Iron Man's line in Avengers "Call it Captain" was about the only clue that Cap's the leader

He didn't even get to say "Avengers Assemble!" Iron Man will prob. say it in AoU
Not at all. He was pretty much built up to be the leader from the very beginning. It's clear that Fury meant for him to lead the Avengers from the start. He also subtly earned the respect of the rest of the team throughout the movie.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #433
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Couldnt they just make em Inhumans? Marvel owns the rights to Inhumans right?
Then your back to "so why does genetic begoobery give Wanda magic powers?" They totally could make them Inhumans; it just means Wanda would need a power set that is something other than "knows magic".

Old 03-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #434
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I'd rather Monica Rambeau. She's a more interesting character to me plus we'd get a female and a black superhero to add more diversity. 2 birds with 1 stone and all that.
She also has a more unique power set than Danvers.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #435
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Cap WILL say "Avengers Assemble", no way Joss will let Iron Man say. He's a fanboy, just like us. I'm 100% sure he'll have Cap say it.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #436
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
I feel we will get an "avengers assemble" in this movie I was hoping they would be the final lines of tws , and hopefully an "ultron WE would have words with thee" as well
I want this as well

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 03-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #437
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Then your back to "so why does genetic begoobery give Wanda magic powers?" They totally could make them Inhumans; it just means Wanda would need a power set that is something other than "knows magic".
Well if they ARE going to introduce Dr. Strange sometime in the future they need to have magic at some point, why not start with Wanda?

Old 03-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #438
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Cap WILL say "Avengers Assemble", no way Joss will let Iron Man say. He's a fanboy, just like us. I'm 100% sure he'll have Cap say it.
I heard someone say that exact same thing before the first one came out. lol

Old 03-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #439
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
You'd think he woulda had him say it in the first Avengers, considering it was the movie fanboys had been waiting their whole lives for

Old 03-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #440
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Agreed. They're going to need everyone and their cousin in Avengers 3. I think these guys can handle it. By then most of the stories of the main players will have been told and A3 will be like a climax to that whole 3 phase arc.

Carol might cameo here and I'm sure she'll fully feature in Avengers 3. We'll need some more powerhouses like her and it will be great to have a woman on the front line.
I think these guys can handle it too, but they may need some super power allies. We'll see Vision, Wanda and Pietro soon as well as Doctor Strange. But if this was the team vs. Thanos:

The Avengers:
- Captain America
- Iron Man
- Thor
- The Hulk
- Black Widow
- Hawkeye
- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch
- Vision

Allies:
- Doctor Strange
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Bucky
- Nick Fury
- Maria Hill
- War Machine/Iron Patriot
- Falcon
- Agent 13
- Ant Man (Scott Lang)

Not sure that would be enough to defeat Thanos, but we'll see. And this is without the Guardians of the Galaxy and any of Thor's Asgardian allies such as Sif, The Warriors Three and Heimdall. The reason I say this is because as I stated earlier, that lineup has a lot of regular humans, although some with special suits and weapons (Stark, Rhodey, Falcon, Hawkeye). Perhaps the combined superhuman abilities of Wanda, Pietro, Cap, Thor, Banner, Vision, Strange, Carol, Lang and Bucky will be more than enough to defeat Thanos.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 03-15-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #441
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

I was thinking, since both SW and QS are mutants as well as Avengers, thus giving both Marvel and Fox the rights to use these two characters, how about other X-Men who had membership with the Avengers? I know Wolverine and Beast have dual membership with both teams. What exempts Wolverine and Beast from allowing Marvel to claim partial movie rights over them?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 03-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #442
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I think it has more to do with QS and SW being avengers from some of the original comics, and theyre most affiliated with the Avengers. Beast and especially wolverine became avengers later and are much more xmen affiliated.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #443
DrDoom
Dictator

Same with Spider-Man being an Avenger but unfortunately it doesnt mean MArvel can use him

Old 03-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #444
universeman
Side-Kick

I know who needs to be in this movie! only if it's a cameo appearance and the third one the one and only
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
anyone agree?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:56 PM   #445
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
I know who needs to be in this movie! only if it's a cameo appearance and the third one the one and only
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
anyone agree?
It would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #446
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I was thinking, since both SW and QS are mutants as well as Avengers, thus giving both Marvel and Fox the rights to use these two characters, how about other X-Men who had membership with the Avengers? I know Wolverine and Beast have dual membership with both teams. What exempts Wolverine and Beast from allowing Marvel to claim partial movie rights over them?

Old 03-16-2014, 12:06 AM   #447
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Black Panther has always been my number one choice for a new team member after the first one. Then hank pym. And istead we are getting QS and SW. lol. I'm totally okay with that though. Still hoping for BP to get his chance to shine. The Avengers cartoon lineup was my dream team

Old 03-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #448
DrDoom
Dictator

Maybe in AoU Cap's shield gets destroyed and the after credits scene is Stark telling Cap that to make him a new one they have to go to Wakanda. "We'll have to deal with the king, he's a bit of an eccentric"

Old 03-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #449
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

I think a reference to either him or Wakanda should be as far as they go.

I am conflicted on if I have a choice between a movie with Carol or a movie with T'Challa.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #450
DrDoom
Dictator

Want Carol more, Need a stronger female Superhero presence. All we have is Black Widow who isnt REALLY a superhero

Closed Thread