The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #101
EnDz0n3
Marvel Legend

Default Re: MCU X-Men - Part 4

Feige is not paid the big bucks to come up with the "simplest explanation," and that includes how to incorporate the X-men and the Fantastic Four.

To paraphrase something on the news recently: I'm trust Feige has "some things [he's] got in the back pocket to pull out" for how to do the Mutants and the First Family in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Montreal crew called it simonizing. Any non-sensical things that showed up in the script where their scriptwriter was simonizing had to be cleaned up and/or corrected either on shooting day or during the editing stage.

Last edited by EnDz0n3; Yesterday at 06:51 PM.
EnDz0n3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #102
Jordacar
The Endless One

Yeah, I'm sure Feige's got contingencies wrapped in contingencies. It's like that scene in Red October when Jack Ryan realizes that the Russian captain must already have a plan to defect, they just have to figure out what it is.

Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #103
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Feige is not paid the big bucks to come up with the "simplest explanation," and that includes how to incorporate the X-men and the Fantastic Four.
He also doesn't get paid to over-complicate things either.

Old Today, 04:32 AM   #104
BaronZemo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post

To paraphrase something on the news recently: I'm trust Feige has "some things [he's] got in the back pocket to pull out" for how to do the Mutants and the First Family in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Feige isn't paid to create over-convoluted explanations for movies aimed at general audiences either. You will accept what he will do sooner or later. Don't act differently.

Old Today, 04:45 AM   #105
Marvel united
Omega level Mutant

What they said. This isn't a Captain Marvel scenario where the protagonist likely isn't even on Earth at the moment or a Sorcerers scenario where the fights aren't even happening in the same plane of reality as the Avengers. Mutants are an entirely different animal than any of them. And I doubt Feige will want to over complicate things for the MCU by trying to say that the X-Men, Brotherhood, Morlocks etc have been around in the MCU all hiding in the shadows since before even the first Iron Man movie. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best explanation, we don't need to have the general audience jump through 25 hoops to explain where mutants and the various factions have been all of this time.

That being said, Joe Dempsie is really growing on me as a potential choice for Logan. I could easily see this guy being Weapon X:

Ferocious, short Wolverine from the comics. And he doesn't have a baby face like O'Connell. He's younger too (31) so he's kinda perfect

Last edited by Marvel united; Today at 04:52 AM.
Marvel united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:13 AM   #106
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Here's something I want fans to give their opinion on... What do you want to be done with Jean Grey as a character? I mean, if a Phoenix story is MUCH further down the road for a variety of reasons... What else should be done on screen with her? I admit a bias... I have zero love for this character and don't think she's ever been much of anything even all the years I read the comics. The one well that KEEPS being gone to is the Phoenix Force. Other than that we get her "relationship" with Scott or some other male figure in the cast of characters but... What does Jean got going on separate from being either:

1. A beyond Omega powered mutant that keeps dying.

2. The object of lust for Logan/Prof. X/Alex Summers or the woman Scott is in love with or pines for because she's caught a case of the "deads".

3. Ill defined mother/son vagueness with her and Cable.

So much of that is based on the HISTORY (often repeat history) of the character. Well... And MCU Jean isn't going to get to Phoenix right away so starting out there's a whole bunch of angst and melodrama that gets crossed off the list. Love triangle? AGAIN? What I'm getting at is they may have to figuratively re-build Jean from the ground up for the audience. I'm not saying they won't get to the point of a Jean weighted down by the tragedy of the Phoenix story but she's got to be a compelling and interesting and engaging character BEFORE all that so I ask again... What can be done with Jean in the MCU as a character? What is there actually to draw from in her decades of existence in the comics that is usable starting off in the new X-Men films. I'd be fascinated to learn the thoughts on this.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote