The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #851
Ninjablade
Stuck in a web

Default Re: The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 10

My biggest issue with the last couple of seasons has been the insane amount of filler episodes. The first two seasons had their fair share, but I never thought that the main plot was ever taking the back seat with them, each episode really felt like it built off of the last and was building towards something in the next. Seasons 3 had a lot of meandering time where a lot of episodes could've be removed or condensed and you still have the same result, and this has carried over into season 4.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #852
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

It's been said before, but 23 episodes is just too many for these shows, Flash and Supergirl going on such long breaks not too long after they finish their already long winter break, and Legends winter breaking being absurdly long, they'd really benefit from shorter seasons, and considering how many shows they have in the Arrowverse and all the scheduling issues they're having cutting all the shows down to around 13 episodes per seasons would probably be a good move. They could have two shows start in fall and the other two start in the spring, would make it a lot easier to schedule, and be a lot easier on the writers for the shows.

Last edited by KillerMcQueen; 02-11-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #853
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
It's been said before, but 23 episodes is just too many for these shows, Flash and Supergirl going on such long breaks not too long after they finish their already long winter break, and Legends winter breaking being absurdly long, they'd really benefit from shorter seasons, and considering how many shows they have in the Arrowverse and all the scheduling issues they're having cutting all the shows down to around 13 episodes per seasons would probably be a good move. They could have two shows start in fall and the other two start in the spring, would make it a lot easier to schedule, and be a lot easier on the writers for the shows.
13 to 16 episodes would be good along with cutting the main cast down a bit. I like Joe I do, but he does not need his own story line. Don't need the sidekick stretchy guy getting multiple episodes to himself either.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #854
LTuser
Banned User

Of all the DC shows, i rank flash as being the most stable.. Arrow S1-3 were great, S4 meh, and S5 bleh.. BUT flash for me has been a consistent good...

Old 02-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #855
igoogol
Side-Kick

The writing isn't good enough to sustain a 23 ep season, but if they insist on on it, then they'd be better off rotating all support characters on an as needed basis with shorter 2-3 part arcs for the 1st 20 eps and a 5-part arc to end the season with a bang. Also, more CCPD would be good, Star Labs has become a clubhouse than anything else.

Or, since they have so many supe shows now, rotate all of them instead of just Supergirl and Legends, with the crossover to signal the changeover.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #856
Prettyricky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
The writing isn't good enough to sustain a 23 ep season, but if they insist on on it, then they'd be better off rotating all support characters on an as needed basis with shorter 2-3 part arcs for the 1st 20 eps and a 5-part arc to end the season with a bang. Also, more CCPD would be good, Star Labs has become a clubhouse than anything else.

Or, since they have so many supe shows now, rotate all of them instead of just Supergirl and Legends, with the crossover to signal the changeover.
I feel like ccpd hasnt been shown in so long. Cw feels like its stuck in the past with the 22-23 episodes a year. Maybe netflix is too blame and other networks like fx with short seasons i dunno but a focused 16 episode flash season would be awesome with no breaks mind you.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #857
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

I'm kinda wondering why they never brought back Hartley Rathaway, he would have been a great ally to the team before it started to become so crowded with useless people.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #858
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Don't even.........

When Supergirl fans won't see another episode for 9 more weeks....don't even whine.
I'm part of that fanbase too. When I come home to no new Flash, Supergirl, or Walking Dead episodes on my DVR, I'm like:

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:44 PM   #859
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyricky View Post
I feel like ccpd hasnt been shown in so long. Cw feels like its stuck in the past with the 22-23 episodes a year. Maybe netflix is to blame and other networks like fx with short seasons i dunno but a focused 16 episode flash season would be awesome with no breaks mind you.
The point of the format is for reruns.
Other shows found a way around that by having mini-arcs throughout the season.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 02-12-2018, 02:07 AM   #860
LTuser
Banned User

I could see it dropping down to a 13 ep season. Much like the show "The last ship" does, or Falling skies did..

Old 02-12-2018, 06:49 AM   #861
Prettyricky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
The point of the format is for reruns.
Other shows found a way around that by having mini-arcs throughout the season.
Understood but when the flash tells a season long arc like devoe the filler episodes becomes more noticable.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #862
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Understood but when the flash tells a season long arc like devoe the filler episodes becomes more noticeable.
It could still do a season long story, but they didn't really find an interesting enough thing for random metas this season or even just multi-earth related shenanigans. This is also ostensibly why his rogues should have seriously gotten more beefed up in terms of relevance.

Didn't think we'd get to a point so soon where The Flash seems like its running on fumes earlier than Arrow.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
Old 02-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #863
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

So, I'm assuming he wants Elongated Man's body so he can go back to looking like the original Devoe?

Old 02-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #864
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
So, I'm assuming he wants Elongated Man's body so he can go back to looking like the original Devoe?
That took A LOT of effort for Ralph, though. Seems like it wouldn't be viable to maintain longterm.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 02-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #865
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
I feel like ccpd hasnt been shown in so long. Cw feels like its stuck in the past with the 22-23 episodes a year. Maybe netflix is too blame and other networks like fx with short seasons i dunno but a focused 16 episode flash season would be awesome with no breaks mind you.
I totally agree. Would be nice to see Arrow or The Flash with 10-12 episodes a year, but the CW milks the HECK out of it like CBS does with its crappy shows.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #866
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

CW isnt doing anything that CBS/NBC/FOX are doing. They have 13 episode series and their heavy hitters are the norm 22-23 episodes.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #867
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
I totally agree. Would be nice to see Arrow or The Flash with 10-12 episodes a year, but the CW milks the HECK out of it like CBS does with its crappy shows.
Broadcast networks have an obligation to their advertisers to fill entire year-long schedules with original programming, unlike cable networks. If they made all their shows 13-episode mid-seasoners, they'd have to greenlight a lot more shows, which would cost them a lot more money. Short seasons as a standard is a luxury broadcast networks can't afford.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 02-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #868
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Darn it just realize that the show is reruns the next 2 weeks thought we where not on another break break yet.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:12 AM   #869
spiderman2
Side-Kick

About the amount of episodes most shows have around 22 episodes in less it is a animated show or something. I just wish we had less big breaks. So like instead of showing the first like 9 episodes and then having like a month and a half break I wish we had more over all breaks but smaller breaks. So like say show 2-3 episodes and then like 1-2 weeks off. That way you would have less big breaks. I would ,much rather have more small breaks if it meant no more like 1 month breaks has the long breaks are hard to deal with.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Old 02-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #870
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
Darn it just realize that the show is reruns the next 2 weeks thought we where not on another break break yet.
It’s because of the Olympics.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #871
Avenging Angel

Legends doesn't seem to have a problem and it actually trended last night, Flash doesn't anymore.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #872
batdude
Side-Kick

Legends had Constantine show up. Flash hasn't had a non crossover guest like that for a while.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #873
Avenging Angel

Constantine, sure, but it still went up against the Olympics and trended next to Black Panther. The writing makes the show great. Flash should trend because of the name alone, it doesn't need a big crossover. Legends has trended on its own because it gets people talking.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #874
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierrose View Post
It’s because of the Olympics.
Yeah that makes since.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #875
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

In a world where a JL film can massively bomb, A Flash show in its 4th season not trending on name alone isn't a surprise. People are getting to a point where they want quality and it's something that The Flash isn't really delivering. Plus there havent been any real WOW moments in a long time.

I for one need another E2 arc or something close to it.

Closed Thread