The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 02-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #351
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Congrats Ice, you took your chance and got the 3 points, should have had a penalty in the first half as well.

We missed two good chances with Martial and Sanchez but that only papers over the cracks of how awful we were. Same stupid set-up as against Spurs with no balance in midfield, Martial out of position and Young starting over Shaw, plus Smalling and Jones are regressing by the week, they look like Volleyball players out there.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #352
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

There seems to be a pretty terrible mix of Mourinho's stale tactical style and a bunch of individual players just playing far below the level expected of them, at this rate United are in a fight for fourth, not second.

DeadPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:43 PM   #353
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

We need our best defender back and we need someone who can actually finish.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #354
Zantera
Side-Kick

We have no attack whatsoever though. It's pretty darn embarrassing that Mourinho's grand plan for how we are gonna score goals boils down to "lets hope someone in their defense makes a mistake and gives us a goal".

https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic
https://www.facebook.com/arcadiaforever/
Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #355
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Our problem is because Mourinho doesn't actually have an approach when it comes to attacking we need a critical mass of world class quality that just outplays any opposition, and because we don't have that our attack is stuttering.

Another thing that's becoming immensely frustrating is Mourinho insisting on playing Pogba as a #6, he had a crap game today but he isn't helped at all by having so many defensive responsibilities. Mourinho's conventions and style of play are both going to be continuous obstacles to us playing anything resembling attacking football. Those forwards look like a bunch of drunk strangers trying to put an attack together, it's embarrassing.

It's pathetic to watch a team that could conceivably win the league on paper play against every opponent like they're frightened of them, we can't impose ourselves on a team and we act like the sky is falling whenever an opposition player attacks us. Every single team knows they can take points off United and don't have to be all that scared of our attack, that reputation is going to start costing us dearly very soon.

DeadPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #356
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Congrats Mandon! Liverpool march on and put more pressure on at the top.

Looking a bit dangerous for Southampton now. Just hope we can now pick up some wins in the easier games after having got an unexpected 3 point here
Thanks bud, good day for us both

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:20 PM   #357
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Congrats Ice, you took your chance and got the 3 points, should have had a penalty in the first half as well.

We missed two good chances with Martial and Sanchez but that only papers over the cracks of how awful we were. Same stupid set-up as against Spurs with no balance in midfield, Martial out of position and Young starting over Shaw, plus Smalling and Jones are regressing by the week, they look like Volleyball players out there.
Thanks mate. And at least getting 3 points means we can forget the penalty incident. Hope that gets looked at again so they can analyse what went wrong as those things could be costly later in the game and be the difference between getting relegated or not. It's strange how your progress keeps stalling even though you've had Mourinho for a fair while now.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #358
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Thanks bud, good day for us both
Yep

Old 02-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #359
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Premier League Table, as it stands...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

Old 02-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #360
BlackFox
Covert Operator

The United v Chelsea game is now huge, I think Spurs and Liverpool seem to have the wind behind them now to make the top 4 and it will come down to one of us and Chelsea. Just depends who can be the least inept out of the two inept sides of the moment. We need to show something positive in a big game for once this season otherwise we could find ourselves back in the Europa next season.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:21 AM   #361
B
[insert witty comment]

Disappointing result yesterday for Manchester United, very 2nd gear like performance, we controlled the ball & we did create a handful of decent chances but our finishing today was woeful particularly Sanchez & Martial whom most of our shots came from. Newcastle did well, they worked hard, kept their shape & took 1 of their chances.

Recently we've slipped a bit back into our habits from last season in which we are creating more than enough decent chances & not putting enough of them away. This result is a reality check & wake up call that finishing top 4 is absolutely not a given for us despite our current favorable position. We've seen teams blow bigger leads in the table bigger than 4 or 5 points.

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #362
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Iceman

Vital 3pts for you yesterday, as it was for us on Saturday, especially with Huddersfield beating Bournemouth!!!

Hopefully Chelsea can do us a favour tonight & make sure WBA don't make up any ground on us.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
AverageMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #363
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
Iceman

Vital 3pts for you yesterday, as it was for us on Saturday, especially with Huddersfield beating Bournemouth!!!

Hopefully Chelsea can do us a favour tonight & make sure WBA don't make up any ground on us.
I was equally surprised for both of us. It's impressive what Swansea are achieving despite those big injuries given how weak you looked just a few weeks ago. You have as good a chance of staying up as most down there if you can keep this run going. Hopefully we both make it

And I'm not going to rely on Chelsea too much right now the way they are playing lol. Hopefully now that they are out of the top 4 with Spurs and Liverpool looking dangerous they finally realise they better start playing. Have looked like the most unmotivated team in the league recently.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #364
Iceman
Infinity War!

Chelsea finally on course for a result. 3-0 up against West Brom.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:51 AM   #365
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Good Everton, they cannot get into EL, but they are in top10

http://www.football-observatory.com/...p/2017/214/en/

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:44 AM   #366
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I was equally surprised for both of us. It's impressive what Swansea are achieving despite those big injuries given how weak you looked just a few weeks ago. You have as good a chance of staying up as most down there if you can keep this run going. Hopefully we both make it

And I'm not going to rely on Chelsea too much right now the way they are playing lol. Hopefully now that they are out of the top 4 with Spurs and Liverpool looking dangerous they finally realise they better start playing. Have looked like the most unmotivated team in the league recently.
They've hit a really sticky spell recently, with results against Bournemouth & Watford standing out.

Looked more like it last night, but I think Conte really struggled during the transfer window. Chelsea shouldn't be a hard sell - the only thing they lack is stability. Why did they spend the whole window going after a striker when they only signed Morata in the summer? Such short-term planning.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
AverageMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:53 AM   #367
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
They've hit a really sticky spell recently, with results against Bournemouth & Watford standing out.

Looked more like it last night, but I think Conte really struggled during the transfer window. Chelsea shouldn't be a hard sell - the only thing they lack is stability. Why did they spend the whole window going after a striker when they only signed Morata in the summer? Such short-term planning.
Yeah, London club, CL, high wages. Should be an easy sell. Something definitely not quite right there. Will have to see how they play now that the stakes have visibly been raised by the recent results from Spurs and Liverpool.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:42 PM   #368
Iceman
Infinity War!

U.K. Premier League: BT & Sky Get Premier League Rights
BT and Sky have been awarded Premier League U.K. live broadcasting rights for seasons 2019/20 –2021/22.
BT Sport gets package A, Sky Sports gets packages B, C, D, E
Value realized at this stage of process is £4.46b, with two live packages still to be sold with interest from multiple bidders

Sky and BT Pay $6.2 Billion for Most U.K. Premier League Rights
Premier League gives update on auction in emailed statement.
Sky has won packages B, C, D and E
BT has won package A
Two live packages still to be sold with interest from multiple bidders: Premier League
Sky says price per game fell 16% in separate statement

Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #369
DarthSkywalker

Iceman, what did I tell youy about Sturridge?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43039156

Old 02-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #370
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Iceman, what did I tell youy about Sturridge?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43039156

Old 02-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #371
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Always will love Lawro's description of him....

He referred to him as being so injury prone that he could suffer from a twisted sock.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #372
DarthSkywalker

Way too easy for Juve, 2 mins in.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #373
DarthSkywalker

A pen for Juve. Deserved. They score it. 2-0 for Juve inside 9 mins.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #374
Iceman
Infinity War!

Damn. City 3 up at least.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #375
DarthSkywalker

Harry Kane to the rescue. 2-1, Juve.