The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 05:55 AM   #951
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Black Panther - lives up to the hype!

Old 02-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #952
hammerhedd11
OHaiMark

Default Re: What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

A Ghost Story - 9/10

Old 02-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #953
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Brilliant! The story is excellent and all of the key characters are superbly brought to life, it's also visually rich with some unexpected moments of humour. 9/10

Old 02-13-2018, 10:29 AM   #954
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Death of a Ghosthunter

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Old 02-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #955
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

THE LAST SAMURAI (2003)
Quality = 6.5/10
Joy = 9/10

It's as stupid as the Wolverine, lots of cool stuff about an American military man (I did not forget that Logan is Candian, the continent is named North America, that makes him an American the same way he's in Asia) going to Japan to stop being drunk. This one however doesn't have the convoluted arc of Lady Viper, or the finale with a convoluted "Thank you for saving me, now I'm going to kill you so I live young again" stuff.

This movie is stupid for different reasons, like showing a flashback of the fight we just saw, needlessly making flashbacks move in slow motion, a drunken captain able to fight more experienced sword fighters using his sword and kill them without being injured, kidnappers being friendly to him because they work for the emperor to be killed by his soldiers to benefit the country.

It's silly, but I had fun watching it.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #956
StarLord
You're Welcome

Black Panther is a fantastic film, not just for the MCU but in general. Great characters with a great plot and some incredible visuals. Need to see it a few more times, but it's going to be up there in the Top 3 for me.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #957
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Ant-Man

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Old 02-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #958
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Old 02-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #959
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

King Kong vs Godzilla

Old 02-13-2018, 06:47 PM   #960
Sculder
Goldmember

Den of Thieves (2018)

Old 02-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #961
LTuser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post

THE LAST SAMURAI (2003)
Quality = 6.5/10
Joy = 9/10

It's silly, but I had fun watching it.
I agree. Its underrated by the fans for some reason, but i always enjoy watching it..

Old 02-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #962
fancyarcher
Side-Kick

Storks - Hilarious. - 7.5 / 10

Old 02-13-2018, 10:24 PM   #963
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (1974)
Quality = 8.5/10
Joy = 9/10

I don't know if I should say it's the first adaption of the story, but it is one of a few. I enjoyed the parts I saw of the most recent adaption that I decided to watch what is considered to be the superior adaption, I really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
I agree. Its underrated by the fans for some reason, but i always enjoy watching it..
What do you think of the weird ninja invasion action scene that is included there just for the sake of not leaving a long actionless gap between the two important action scenes?

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #964
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

This would make a great live-action movie. The whole thing just looked so damned cinematic.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #965
tzarinna
С новым годом!

The Maze Runner.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:51 AM   #966
blueharvest
Team Mysterion

The Simpsons Movie

Old 02-14-2018, 02:22 AM   #967
LTuser
Side-Kick

Lou diamond phillips, Eric stoltz, Sam Nell, and Bruce davidson, in
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452573/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The Triangle.. A nice film, with a link to an older film, the Philadelphia experiment.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #968
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

iron man captain America heroes united

Old 02-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #969
-VisionsVision-
RAMPAGE

Batman Begins

Old 02-14-2018, 09:56 AM   #970
hammerhedd11
OHaiMark

Stronger - 8/10

Old 02-14-2018, 10:24 AM   #971
LvtLeeTDK
Newbie First Class

Star Wars, all 7 movies. Such a masterpiece franchise.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #972
STARMAN
Side-Kick

The Mummy with Tom Cruise

I see why it failed.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #973
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Whistle Down the Wind

Old 02-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #974
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

BULLETPROOF MONK
Quality = 5/10
Joy = 8/10

Opening sequence has the signs of a terrible movie, but it's a modern mediocre recycle of Mask of Zorro (minus the kidnapped daughter of the protagonists instructor) plot with supernatural martial arts included.

Quality = 7.5/10
Joy = 10/10

Quite a silly adaption of the book, unlike the more subtle, nuanced, mostly on point movie that is 44 years old, it was made to be the Grand Budapest Hotel of Agatha Christy adaptions, it doesn't work well for this story but I LOOOVE IT.
Flaws aside, it's an attention grabbing movie, I find it to be one of the underrated movies of last year that deserved better critical reception than what it got. I am honestly happy that it succeeded in garnering 6 times its production budget in Box Office numbers.

YOUTUBE

Old 02-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #975
StarLord
You're Welcome

Drive Angry is lots of fun, and it knows it. Despite the schlocky story and obnoxious soundtrack, it's a blast. Cage plays it straight, which I guess makes sense, considering all the other craziness going on with the Cult and the Accountant.

It might sound stupid but I doubt there will ever be a film like this again!

Closed Thread