The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #26
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: Rainbow Six: Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I think this has more to do with some certain reporters from both Game informer and kotaku saying they felt uneasy about playing the game when they went to see the game and play it. . it's kinda strange though I bet those guys may have liked 24 the show.

Cause that's kinda like where this thing was showing thing were going game wise. that thing's aren't black and white and it was about domestic terrorism. compared to the usual thing that most people around the world complain about the U.S. starting some thing with other countries (mostly Arab nations) which 24 also addressed on occasion with having domestic issue and not seeing every one from an Arab nation as the enemy . It's not like it hasn't happen in real life and people do seem to go nuts when moneys tight.

I'm not saying I completely agree with what they were doing. But it's not like it hasn't be done(shown) before or it's unheard of . And it was showing some thing that was kinda a change of pace to what most people see war games and what other countries call American propaganda . this was about a domestic issue. guess it became too much due to it being that.

I thought they were doing something great, concept or story wise. I was reading something, like a week before they announced Patriots and this article was talking about the next 9/11 type attack being a home grown type operation. So i thought Ubi was right on, in terms of what they were doing. Like i said tho, i have a feeling that was too much for some to handle, this game probably didn't focus test well because of that issue. The same thing happened with the last Splinter Cell game. People weren't connecting with the 'on the run' version of Sam Fisher, so they retooled it some to make the character a little more offensive rather than passive or defensive.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #27
zenith16
Side-Kick

But he(sam) still was on the run in the end product. I have that game. it's one of the few splintercells I have. I think it's was the reporters cause they were part of that focus group. and they made their issues public through where they work . And ubi noticed. And it bugged them. We may never fully know though.

Last edited by zenith16; 03-07-2012 at 11:54 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #28
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
. I think it's was the reporters cause they were part of that focus group. and they made their issues public through where they work . And ubi noticed. And it bugged them. We may never fully know though.

No, i highly doubt that. We didn't see many negative stories about this game, in terms of its theme. In fact it was probably the opposite. Most outlets seemed to be intrigued by the moral grey areas the game would be focusing on. Ubisoft is MUCH more concerned with what the purchasing public think than some reporters.

Quote:
But he(sam) still was on the run in the end product. I have that game. it's one of the few splintercells I have
No, the Conviction we got was VERY different from the Conviction that was on the table. Before their retool it was going to be more The Fugitive than what we actually got.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #29
zenith16
Side-Kick

example A

Quote:
The new Rainbow has me feeling hesitant, uneasy in a way that games don't often evoke in me. I suppose that Ubisoft should be lauded for their willingness to risk so much, to go so far out on a limb with one of its most successful franchises. But it seems an awful lot like the narrative equivalent of betting against the house.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/28/th...ow-6-patriots/
I don't have time to dig for any of others.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #30
zenith16
Side-Kick

Rainbow 6: Patriots retains gritty story after team change

(1 hour ago)

When Ubisoft confirmed that the creative director of Rainbow 6: Patriots, David Sears, had been replaced by Jean-Sebastien Decant, natural assumption was that it was over the title's morally ambiguous storyline. That's not quite the case, Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat told Game Informer.

Sears' departure was a mutual decision, Mallat said, and Ubisoft is "evolving the vision that came from David's initial input." Sears, creative director David Sears, narrative director Richard Rouse III, lead designer Philippe Therien and animation director Brent George have left Team Rainbow, Mallat confirmed that Sears at least is still employed by Ubisoft Montreal. Mallat said he's been moved onto a "major project for a major brand."

Rainbow 6: Patriots is still set to launch in 2013, Mallat said.
Source: Game Informer

Good to hear that's staying.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #31
zenith16
Side-Kick

Guillemot: There's a 'good chance' Rainbow 6: Patriots is next-gen

(2 hours ago)

Rainbow 6: Patriots encountered a rough production patch earlier this year when it swapped out creative director David Sears for Jean-Sebastien Decant. That doesn't mean the game is any less ambitious, and Patriots might even even up on next-gen platforms, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot tells Polygon.

Answering a direct question about Patriots being a next-gen game, Guillemot says, "There's a good chance it can be." Patriots is still scheduled for a launch in 2013, remember.

Ubisoft is working with Sears' original vision, which involves taking down a homegrown terrorist cell called the True Patriots, and making ambiguously moral decisions about the lives (and violent deaths) of civilians along the way. "But that's what is interesting with the concept – being able to give a choice to the person who is playing," Guillemot says.
Source: Polygon

I already saw that coming. Glad there's news on this though

Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #32
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

I'm disappointed they're sticking with the original vision for the game.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #33
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

I just wanna tactically shoot terrorists. Dont really care if they are of the brown variety or the home grown variety.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #34
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

That's kind of what I'm talking about, the tactical part. Nothing in that trailer they released looked like a tactical shooter to me.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #35
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
That's kind of what I'm talking about, the tactical part. Nothing in that trailer they released looked like a tactical shooter to me.
Ah yea i got ya. Well as long as i can equip my dude, take cover, breach and clear rooms etc, then i wont complain. Hopefully that stuff makes it back into the next R6 title.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #36
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I hope this game will have the same amount of customizability as the Vegas games. I still think that those games had some of the best character customization in gaming.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #37
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I hope this game will have the same amount of customizability as the Vegas games. I still think that those games had some of the best character customization in gaming.
they said they were putting the gunsmiths thing in to this and splinter cell(it'll still have it's thing though) as well and they said you'd be able to plan your missions out ala raven shield with the sand box in the war room in the coolest way possible(like how you saw in the X -Men comic's with their war version of that device). As for tactical,( I hope your don't mean what you see in call of duty) don't worry it'll be still there.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-13-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #38
zenith16
Side-Kick

Rainbow 6 Patriots Holding Out For Next Gen

E3 2013
on Jun 13, 2013 at 03:50 PM

It's been a long time since we've heard anything about Rainbow 6, but there's a reason for that.
... More

source: GI

Old 06-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #39
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens

I've been patiently awaiting the return of Rainbow Six, I don't mind it being next-gen. I even kinda wish the new Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon were saved for next-gen.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #40
zenith16
Side-Kick

Technically splinter cell will be seen that way already, ghost recon already took that step. so you'll see new stuff with those two series in a way eventually any way.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #41
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

I prefer it for next-gen, so I'm good with this. It's just good to hear what's going on with the game.

ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #42
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens

Quote:
Technically splinter cell will be seen that way already, ghost recon already took that step. so you'll see new stuff with those two series in a way eventually any way.
While that's true it would of made for awesome launch titles!

Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #43
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
While that's true it would of made for awesome launch titles!
I agree, but they have this and now the division on the way, so I think they just wanted to leave behind some thing for the older consoles. and we'll still see new stuff from them in the future with these series, So it's all good. I like that they are spreading it out a bit.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #44
zenith16
Side-Kick

Been a while since we last heard anything on this.

Declassified: Ubisoft's 'Rainbow 6: Patriots' goes back to the drawing board

(7 hours ago)

Ubisoft's Laurent Detoc admits Ubisoft has had to scrap Rainbow Six: Patriots and take the game back to the drawing board.

"We had a core team. They had a good vision. They got started, and then the game wasn't working. So [they had] to start again," Detoc told IGN. "Rainbow had to be remade," he went on, saying it's "one of those examples where you try, it doesn't work, you try again. If it doesn't work, we're not going to bring it to you."

Detoc also specifically called out next-gen consoles as possible recipients for the new Rainbow Six game, though that's admittedly something that's been on Ubisoft's mind for over a year. "Could it become a shooter with another name in the end, because the team doesn't want to do counter-terrorist guys? Say they want to be in a mercenary setting? That's possible," Detoc added.

Rainbox Six: Patriots, first announced on the cover of Game Informer in 2011, has presumably been in development for over two years now. A year after the announcement, Ubisoft restructured the team building Patriots and decided to keep the setting that focused so heavily on the moral grey area of counter-terrorism.

Source:IGN

Old 12-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #45
Solidus
Knights of Ren

Interesting, well I hope for the best with it. Nice thing is more so it will be made with next-gen tech.

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #46
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens

Man I really hope this sees the light of day sometime, I've been playing Rainbow Six 3 recently and boy is this a great series! I hope its more like 3 than Vegas.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #47
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

Pretty much what I suspected. Same thing happened with Splinter Cell: Conviction and the last Ghost Recon.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #48
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

Update on Patriots:

Quote:
After a brief period of darkness, the series re-emerged with Rainbow 6: Patriots, which put a different spin on things. And not just because it ditched the word “Six.”

Its goals were, like Vegas, different than the series’ tradition. It aimed for spectacular scripted events, emotional resonance -- both in the heat of battle and in its home-grown-terrorism plot -- and thunderous action.

It started stranger, a developer told me. Early on, Ubisoft Montreal allegedly prototyped the next Rainbow Six as a turn-based tactics game. Later, the plot apparently hinged on robots, of all things, with enemies hacking into machines that fought Rainbow operatives. The goal with Patriots, eventually, was to make Rainbow feel more personal, more like Clancy’s original novel, where a very real threat affects very human characters.

Following Ubisoft’s debut of Rainbow 6: Patriots in November 2011, its promotion went suspiciously silent. Its 2013 release date seemed increasingly uncertain. This is, according to an anonymous developer, largely due to troubles with the Anvil Engine, which had never been used for a first-person shooter. In an effort to cut the costs of using middleware development tools, Ubisoft started using its own proprietary technology to power its games. The tech behind Assassin’s Creed pushed back on the Rainbow 6: Patriots developers, wasting much of the team’s time. The frame rate instability was nearly unsalvageable. The team of 120 couldn’t create their game quickly enough, and thus spent the majority of development time creating the original proof of concept demo we saw, and a follow-up E3 demo we didn’t.

The level designs were done and the story was written, but Patriots, broken, wasn’t going anywhere.

Eventually, Patriots was so heavily delayed that it moved to next-gen platforms. Another anonymous developer says Patriots is on (at least) its fifth creative director, with the project repeatedly failing to progress and its staff moving onto other projects.

The team working on Rainbow right now is, according to the developer, almost entirely different than it was in 2011. Ubisoft Montreal refuses to talk about Rainbow 6: Patriots -- perhaps because the game that it was no longer exists.

Yannis Mallat will only say that it “has a place in the studio,” and Ubisoft’s Tony Key recently told IGN that “We’re absolutely making another Rainbow 6.” Whether it’s taking the same risks as Vegas or Patriots, or is even the same game, is a mystery for now.
Source

Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #49
zenith16
Side-Kick

That's a shame. But not surprising .

Old 06-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #50
zenith16
Side-Kick

patriots is now

Ubisoft gets tactical, introduces Rainbow Six: Siege

(3 minutes ago)

At the E3 2014 Ubisoft Media Briefing, the Tom Clancy game publisher reintroduced gamers to the Rainbow team. Rainbow Six: Siege is the newest iteration of the series.

Revealed at the end of the conference, the in-game demo featured two teams of five battling each other in a hostage-filled home.

...developing

updated

Ubisoft gets tactical, introduces Rainbow Six: Siege

(58 minutes ago)

At the E3 2014 Ubisoft Media Briefing, the Tom Clancy game publisher reintroduced gamers to the Rainbow team. Rainbow Six: Siege is coming Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2015.

Revealed at the end of the conference, the in-game demo featured two teams of five battling each other in a hostage-filled home. In the footage, criminals were spotted barricading doors and windows in anticipation of the authorities. Then all hell breaks loose as Team Rainbow makes it way inside.

Ubisoft had originally announced Patriotsas the next game in the Rainbow Six franchise – a game much darker in tone than previous installments in the series – in 2011. Five months ago, Ubisoft announced it was going back to the drawing board with the Rainbow Six franchise; Siege appears to be the result.Continue Reading

source:JoyStiq

Last edited by zenith16; 06-09-2014 at 08:05 PM.