The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #101
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Default Re: Dragon Age 3

It's a technical thing. The cutscene just uses the current player character model, including armor.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #102
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I finished the game, and got to the end credit scene so is Flemmeth dead? I am guessing "Dread Wolf" Solas killed her there?

I kind of wish the end of the game had a Mass Effect 2 suicide mission type of thing where all the assets and companions I've been building up as the Inquisitor were put at risk in the final battle. What we got seemed kind of anti-climatic. End boss shows up, go fight him for a bit, then fight his dragon, and then go fight him again to finish him off.

So how are the DLCs like Trespasser? I am gonna download those soon.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:49 PM   #103
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I finished the game, and got to the end credit scene so is Flemmeth dead? I am guessing "Dread Wolf" Solas killed her there?

I kind of wish the end of the game had a Mass Effect 2 suicide mission type of thing where all the assets and companions I've been building up as the Inquisitor were put at risk in the final battle. What we got seemed kind of anti-climatic. End boss shows up, go fight him for a bit, then fight his dragon, and then go fight him again to finish him off.

So how are the DLCs like Trespasser? I am gonna download those soon.
from what I've heard, Trespasser fleshes out the story more and makes the ending more satisfying. It also gives an idea where the next installment should go. IOW, it's like the ending that the base game should have had instead of the anti-climactic one.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:46 PM   #104
Brother Jack
Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
from what I've heard, Trespasser fleshes out the story more and makes the ending more satisfying. It also gives an idea where the next installment should go. IOW, it's like the ending that the base game should have had instead of the anti-climactic one.
That's exactly what it is. The base game doesn't really have an ending, so the Trespasser DLC provides one. It's quite good and sets up a very interesting conflict for the next game, whenever it comes out.

round to the same place again.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:08 AM   #105
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jack View Post
That's exactly what it is. The base game doesn't really have an ending, so the Trespasser DLC provides one. It's quite good and sets up a very interesting conflict for the next game, whenever it comes out.
which is either a good thing or a bad thing.

it means the base game feels incomplete, and that's not a good thing.

on the plus side, it does make you curious for the next installment.

which is how I feel. I couldn't get into DAI, not just in terms of the story and characters but also the gameplay, but I'm more looking forward to the next installment and hoping they can correct the mistakes they made with DAI.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #106
Fading
>:(

I'm appreciating the humor. The Nug King, and the corpse wearing a metal bikini, full of arrows, with a caption about inappropriate female battle armor in particular had me lol'ing.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:15 PM   #107
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I'm appreciating the humor. The Nug King, and the corpse wearing a metal bikini, full of arrows, with a caption about inappropriate female battle armor in particular had me lol'ing.
Heh.

While bikini armor is ridiculous, I would've loved it if this game had armor sets that didn't cover my female Inquisitor from head to toe. I just created my first female Qunari and Iron Bull shows more skin than she does, because she's stuck wearing the human warrior armor sets.

Edit: This isn't just exclusive to the female Inquisitors. My male rogue is stuck wearing a trench coat, even though I can then put that same armor set on Varric and suddenly its a sleeveless outfit that shows off his arms. Why do my companions get cooler looking outfits than me (the main protagonist)?

Last edited by AndrewGilkison; 02-26-2017 at 04:06 PM.
AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #108
Fading

Just encountered a funny glitch. Blackwall got bugged repeating the same sentence for a minute, but it came at the perfect time. Solas starts repeating his usual fade talk, and Blackwall's response mirrored my own. Like he finally got annoyed, and broke the fourth wall.

Quote:
Solas, "I talk about the Fade too much, don't I?"

Blackwall, "You do...

You do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do, you do, you, do, you do! "

Last edited by Fading; 03-04-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #109
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I got a brutal exchange of banter between Blackwall and Iron Bull after their personal quests. Blackwall chastises Bull for letting the Chargers die, and Bull fires back that at least he didn't kill a wagon full of kids.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #110
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Quote:
Just encountered a funny glitch. Blackwall got bugged repeating the same sentence for a minute, but it came at the perfect time. Solas starts repeating his usual fade talk, and Blackwall's response mirrored my own. Like he finally got annoyed, and broke the fourth wall.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #111
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
I got a brutal exchange of banter between Blackwall and Iron Bull after their personal quests. Blackwall chastises Bull for letting the Chargers die, and Bull fires back that at least he didn't kill a wagon full of kids.
Mess with the Bull and you get the horns.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #112
Fading

Just hit 100 hours in, and not even done with everything yet, lol. I finished all but Cole's personal quest, and did all the big quests from all areas. Just have a few minor quests (landmarks, ect) to do. So I moved back to the main story, and just finished, "What Pride has Wrought". Decisions, decisions, lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
This was possibly the hardest decision yet. I know Morrigan leaves fans split, but she's been good to me. She may have her secrets, and ulterior motives, but so far she's kept her promises. She saved my Warden's life, raised the Old God child alongside him to be a seemingly good child. Even after getting the Well's knowledge, she uses it to help.

My Inquisitor said she would inherit their will too though. I'm worried I just screwed up Morrigan, lol. That my Warden's going to come back to find her 'different'.

It seemed logical though. Giving Morrigan, who's hellbent on amassing ancient knowledge, more of it. Especially over my good guy Inquisitor. I think in my evil Mage run he'll drink from the Well.

Well, just a bit more now. Believe I have one more main story quest, and then the final DLC.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #113
Fading

Just finished Trespasser, and loved it as well as the game as a whole. The ending I got was bittersweet, but fitting.

I romanced Cassandra, but she became the Devine. So no marriage, but definitely secret rendezvous. Ended up losing an arm, and I also chose to end the Inquisition.

Up until that point I had played an understanding good guy. Yet the politicians only cared for personal gain, and seemed hellbent on making the Inquisitions life hard. Plus the Inquisition had been infiltrated by Solas, and Qunari spies. So I chose the angry fist option, told them off, and dropped the mic (book, lol).

I was worried I'd regret it, but after I saw the post credit cut scene I knew it was the right call. No more politics, no more corruption, or spies. Just the inner circle working out of the shadows. I think they'll get more done that way even if they lose their army.

On my eventual second pay through I'll choose the opposite of a lot of those choices, including keeping the Inquisition.

As for the implication for the next game.

Elf uprising, Qunari, and Tevinter huh? This game added so much lore, and clarified a lot of loose threads, and possibly created even more, lol. So I'm psyched for DA 4.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #114
X Knight
Fists of Justice

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Fading.

I just wish I could get into the game - but I just have a hard time doing so.

I do agree, though, that the state of the world at the end of Tresspasser ( and leading into DA 4 ) is very interesting. So, I look forward to what they do with the next game.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #115
Fading

I think the lore, and story telling of DA just meshes with my tastes. I feel DA has a really rich lore, and setting. DA Origins arguably had the worst combat (I liked it, but realize I'm not everyone), but I liked it the most out of all 3 games. It introduced us to the DA world in a great way, and had a great cast of characters.

Up to that point I actually liked DA more than Mass Effect. Awakenings had me excited for DA2. Then DA 2 dropped, and I felt it tossed out most of what made DA special, or at least watered it down. So for me DA I was a return to form, what I wanted from DA 2. It wasn't perfect, but personally I enjoyed it.

That said, I still didn't like your companions in this game. Solas only became interesting by the end. Varric was entertaining, but it was more of DA 2 banter redo. Iron Bull was ok. Sera was weird, and annoying, IMO. Oh, and games need to quit having X as jump, and interact. At one point I fell to my death 3x in a row because everytime I went to jump I'd start a conversation with Morrigan standing behind me after I had momentum.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:12 AM   #116
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hints at a new Dragon Age appear from voice actor's Instagram

ICYMI: Project Scorpio Specs, Nioh Sequel, Mass Effect Andromeda Transgender, Bethesda E3

• 61 views12 hours ago

With the controversy surrounding Mass Effect: Andromeda and their outsourced animation, many are wondering what Bioware was doing with the extra time they freed up. BioWare hasn't said much about Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Inquisition a few years ago, but it looks like there may be a new game already in development.
Voice Actor Alix Wilton Regan, the voice of the Inquisitor in Inquisition, posted a picture of herself in a recording studio, using the hashtag #elf.
The next Dragon Age game may not be officially announced, but we now have reason to keep an eye out for news on the next entry.
IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
BIOWAREEA

http://www.gamezone.com/

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #117
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
This was possibly the hardest decision yet. I know Morrigan leaves fans split, but she's been good to me. She may have her secrets, and ulterior motives, but so far she's kept her promises. She saved my Warden's life, raised the Old God child alongside him to be a seemingly good child. Even after getting the Well's knowledge, she uses it to help.

My Inquisitor said she would inherit their will too though. I'm worried I just screwed up Morrigan, lol. That my Warden's going to come back to find her 'different'.

It seemed logical though. Giving Morrigan, who's hellbent on amassing ancient knowledge, more of it. Especially over my good guy Inquisitor. I think in my evil Mage run he'll drink from the Well.
My thought process behind my Inquisitor letting Morrigan get in the Well of Sorrows was "better her than me".

Old 04-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #118
Fading

Quote:
My thought process behind my Inquisitor letting Morrigan get in the Well of Sorrows was "better her than me".
Now that I finished the game, that choice doesn't bother me quite as much.

If anything, it led to a semi-reconciliation inbetween Morrigan, and Flemeth. My concern now is if since Solas seemingly absorbed Flemeth/Mythal, does Solas now have control over Morrigan?

Either way, he may look, and sound a bit boring (IMO), but Solas is a beast now. He had his power that already made him a legend as the dread wolf, and let him do that to the veil. Then he absorbed Flemeth, and Mythal's power. Plus, I'd imagine, he took in the old God soul from Flemeth as well. I mean he was petrifying Qunari by looking at them.

Last edited by Fading; 04-11-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:52 AM   #119
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Two of EA's biggest franchises.

EA's popular subscription service, EA Access, offers a number of Xbox One and Xbox 360 EA games such as Skate 3, Battlefield 4, Star Wars: Battlefront, and more for just $4.99 a month. Players are allowed to play as much of select EA titles as they want, as long as they remain subscribed. The service also offers an early access period on most EA games roughly 5 days before release, letting players try games before they throw down $59.99.
Today, EA has added two new games to the library. Players can download Dragon Age: Origins, the first entry in Bioware's popular RPG series, and Dead Space Ignition, a spin-off to the popular sci-fi horror series. If you're already a subscriber, you can find the games in the 'Ready to install' section of your Xbox One's game library.
EA has a very large library of Xbox 360 games so it wouldn't be surprising if we saw Dragon Age 2 or the rest of the Dead Space games join the vault in the coming months.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
DEAD SPACEDRAGON AGEEAEA ACCESSXBOX ONE

http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 04-14-2017, 11:10 PM   #120
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Now that I finished the game, that choice doesn't bother me quite as much.

If anything, it led to a semi-reconciliation inbetween Morrigan, and Flemeth. My concern now is if since Solas seemingly absorbed Flemeth/Mythal, does Solas now have control over Morrigan?

Either way, he may look, and sound a bit boring (IMO), but Solas is a beast now. He had his power that already made him a legend as the dread wolf, and let him do that to the veil. Then he absorbed Flemeth, and Mythal's power. Plus, I'd imagine, he took in the old God soul from Flemeth as well. I mean he was petrifying Qunari by looking at them.
If you noticed, Flemeth was sending something through the mirror before Solas popped in on her. She was clearly expecting him, so I assume she was setting something up. Interesting to see if that comes into play later.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM   #121
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Expanding upon what we know about the Dragon Age universe.

It's no secret by now that BioWare is in the early stages of developing the next entry in the Dragon Age series. After all, its previous entry, Inquisition took home the Game of the Year honors back in 2014, and with the struggles of Mass Effect: Andromeda, BioWare could use a solid outing from a safe franchise.
Alexis Kennedy, the creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea joined the BioWare writing team back in September, which was confirmed by Executive Producer Mark Darrah to be for the Dragon Age team, recently spoke to Eurogamer about what we can expect from the next entry. Kennedy, although vague in his descriptions says that the subject matter will be both "familiar" and "distinct" for Dragon Age fans.
"What I can say is I have been given considerable autonomy to work on a storyline bit of lore which is well-segregated from other parts of the game," Kennedy said, "which makes a lot of sense with me being remote. And yes, if you've seen a lot of my work before you will probably not be surprised by the choice of subject matter. It's familiar stuff."
Make no mistake, Kennedy is not writing the entirety of the next Dragon Age game, merely a portion. Which he later explains.
"I don't want to exaggerate the degree of the chunk [I'm writing]. It's more analogous to Patrick Weekes writing [Mass Effect character] Mordin than me being told to go off and write a whole different country... It's nothing that grandiose, but it is distinct. It's a bit of lore which has not been addressed much to date in Dragon Age."
By all indications, the next Dragon Age game is nowhere close to ready, as they are still in the early stages of writing up its main storyline. This is not to mention that, despite the negative attention, BioWare remains committed to improving and promoting Mass Effect: Andromeda for as long as it is viable.
Source: [Eurogamer via WCCFTech]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 06-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #122
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS
Jade Empire 2 was 'certainly' planned at some point; Devs busy on "something" for Dragon Age Today at 10:31 am

It appears as though BioWare is busy at work on "something" for Dragon Age, and that...
Read more

Quote:
We almost had it. Almost.

It appears as though BioWare is busy at work on "something" for Dragon Age, and that "something" has a majority of the Jade Empire "vision holders" working on it.
BioWare's Creative Director, Mike Laidlaw, sat down to speak on a number of BioWare-related things in a podcast called 'The 1099'. Towards the end of the podcast, around an hour in, the podcast host brought up the question of whether or not there is a market for Jade Empire 2 and whether or not it's a series that could see a resurrection.
Laidlaw made it clear that at some point, BioWare'certainly had some plans' for Jade Empire 2 and that in some way 'it existed.' The creative director went on to clarify that there's a clear path for Jade Empire 2, but it's been put on the back burner.
"Jade Empire 2 was talked about, it was certainly considered. In a universe where there could be a Beyond Good and Evil 2 14 years later, I think it's very possible there could still be a Jade [Empire] 2. If someone said to me, 'Hey what would you do with Jade [Empire] 2?' I have an answer. I have a very clear answer in my head, but I also recognize that a majority of the leadership of Jade Empire 2, the people who are really the passionate vision holders, are all on Dragon Age."
In Laidlaw's words, "Dragon Age is fairly distracting" but it is not the reason that Jade Empire 2 isn't in development.

He went on to explain that Dragon Age didn't kill Jade Empire, but the developers from the series are actively engaged in the "something" for Dragon Age. Unfortunately, Laidlaw wouldn't go into details on what that "something" for Dragon Age is, except for the fact they are hiring 'a lot of people'.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 06-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #123
Iceman
Infinity War!

Dragon Age: Origins on GwG for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 PM   #124
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWSBioware's next Dragon Age title might be a spin-off and not Dragon Age 4 Today at 11:42 am

In recent months, Bioware has repeatedly confirmed that they are working on a new Dragon Age title but they have...
Read more

source: Gamezone

Old 09-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #125
X Knight
Fists of Justice

a spinoff?? hmmmm..........