The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 09-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #26
Nathan

Default Re: The Official Metal Gear Thread

Huh, didn't know that. Guess I haven't killed enough yet. How high does my death count need to be? In the thousands? Or am I balancing it out by also tranquing a good amount of soldiers?

Old 09-16-2015, 06:07 AM   #27
Frosty81
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
You do get demon points for killing soldiers if you're not aware. Not sure if I would call it a punishment, though, it's how your horn grows. Once you get enough you also become covered in blood that won't wash off no matter what apparently.
Oh man. If that's true then I am going straight John Matrix on my next play through.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #28
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

You know those 'Total stealth' missions are really easy when you mainly rely on quiet sniping enemies and constantly calling in an air-strike from diamond dogs, now granted you wont get an 'S' rank outta that method but you know the good old teachings of stealth 101:

And carpet bombing the area before you start the mission is a sure-fire way to do it.

jokesonm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #29
The Hill
Frat House Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty81 View Post
Oh man. If that's true then I am going straight John Matrix on my next play through.
The purest in me at the very idea of that in a supposed stealth game. On the other hand, I have taken a liking to playing this like Mercenaries 1&2.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #30
Frosty81
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
The purest in me at the very idea of that in a supposed stealth game. On the other hand, I have taken a liking to playing this like Mercenaries 1&2.
I absolutely agree. That's why I'm trying to play as stealth as possible on my first play through. The Fox Engine is just too much fun to not go back and try more... Destructive methods.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #31
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I'm really not 100% sure how the Demon point system works, like if getting Heroism points negates Demon points or something. Apparently if you develop a nuke you automatically become "Demon Snake" and have to a build up a ton of Heroism again to get out of that status. Haven't done it yet, though.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:36 PM   #32
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokesonm3 View Post
You know those 'Total stealth' missions are really easy when you mainly rely on quiet sniping enemies and constantly calling in an air-strike from diamond dogs, now granted you wont get an 'S' rank outta that method but you know the good old teachings of stealth 101:

And carpet bombing the area before you start the mission is a sure-fire way to do it.
Considering Solid Snake's conviction that he's "just a killer," and the lack of non-lethal capability in the MG games, I kind of hope we find out in some retellings of those games that he did effectively wipe out whole bases by just murdering everyone as quietly as possible.

TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #33
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

A reminder that the MGSV TGS conference is starting in less then 2 hours from now, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argaOHOh4kM

Here's hoping that they'll annouce a Chapter 3 DLC.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 PM   #34
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Probably best to let it go

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #35
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Looks the TGS stream is pretty much all MGO. The only thing about SP they had was that you will be able to customize a female character and play as them, and they apparently briefly showed some costumes that included MGS1 & 3 Snake as well as Tuxedo Snake, and then Boss and Eva costumes for female characters.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2015, 12:19 AM   #36
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods

It's been more than 48 hours since I put my controller down after finishing Mission 46 in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and I have to say unequivocally that it has by far become my favorite game in the series, in terms of both gameplay and story.

I know many people have complained the plot in MGS5 seemed more like an afterthought this time around and in numerous aspects it certainly is weaker compared to its predecessors. It does not have as many and varied characters. The plot itself isn't as expansive and the way it unfolds within the game's missions structure feels chopped and clunky. It just doesn't flow very well. And for all the fanfare around the casting of Keifer Sutherland in the titular role, it feels rather anticlimactic that he doesn't speak very much. And most importantly, are the recent revelations about essential content that was either cut or left unfinished due to time (or corporate) constraints.

Those of us who have been fans of this series over the nearly past two decades undoubtedly find this narrative transition jarring and dislike is often a predictable kneejerk reaction. But what I just love and adore about MGS5's narrative is how grown-up it feels. Barring the sexual objectification of Quiet and some nonsensical plot points, the way this game so brazenly deals with difficult adult themes is nothing short of phenomenal. The cinematic presentation is arguably the best we have ever gotten in a game, and makes that of its predecessors appear almost amateurish by comparison. Kojima's eye for setting up a scene is now in the league of biggest auteurs of Hollywood today. Sure, his signature style and kookiness is on full display here; only now it is just much more refined, more confident, more nuanced and more uncompromising. There is this gloomy and almost apocalyptic atmosphere throughout the game that I simply adore. Even the music perfectly and palpably evokes the feelings of betrayal, vengeance and more than anything else, loss.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, for all its faults and shortcomings, is electric. It just draws you in like nothing else. Even days after being done with it, I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop rewatching the cutscenes on YouTube or reading story analyses while having the soundtrack play in the background ("V has come to" is one of the grandest themes of any videogame or movie, ever). After spending more than 250 hours of my life on the sheer masterpiece that is The Witcher 3, I thought "no way anything else this year comes even close". These days, I play games more for their stories than anything else and in terms of a more complete and cohesive experience, The Witcher 3 is still the indisputable king of 2015. What I didn't expect, however, was the sheer power and magnetism of Metal Gear Solid 5 that would bury its claws deep within and never let go.

I had been on shaky terms with the Metal Gear series ever since my sheer disappointment with Snake Eater. I am 30 years old now, happily married, blessed with a lovely daughter and a career prosperous enough to afford the 60-inch plasma and 7.1 home-theater plasma for all my gaming and film needs - a far cry from the small CRT tube with which it all began. Yet the burdens of adult life meant that I no longer have the time to enjoy my passion as much as I used to even with much better means at my disposal. It's clear that my gaming life is now in its twilight years and I couldn't have asked for a better concluding chapter. The first Metal Gear Solid was there at the beginning of my gaming saga and the last one is here now close to the end.

Mr. Kojima, I wholeheartedly thank you for these cherished memories.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:15 AM   #37
zenith16
Side-Kick

^^ I'd like to see the source/ link to that please. And thnks for putting it up.

this was put up some time ago

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Metal Gear Online Missions, Stages, and Classes revealed, new gameplay
Published 4 hours ago. 3 comments.

Quote:
Metal Gear Solid V's online component goes live on October 6 for consoles.

Konami opened the official website and released new screenshots and gameplay for Metal Gear Online at the Tokyo Game Show.
Metal Gear Online will be accessible to all consumers who purchased Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain starting October 6 on consoles and January on PC.
Get the new details below.
■ Missions
Bounty Hunter
Teams win if the number of enemy team tickets is reduced to zero. Killing or Fultoning an enemy reduces the enemy team tickets by one. Fultoning an enemy increases your team’s ticket total by the value of the Fultoned enemy’s bounty.
Cloak and Dagger
Attackers win by recovering the Data Disc and uploading it at the Evac Point within the time limit. Defenders win by preventing the upload. Attackers are armed with only non-lethal weapons while defenders only have lethal weapons. This is an elimination mission. Once eliminated, you cannot return to the battlefield until the next round.
Comm Control
Attackers must capture Comm Links to download confidential intel. If the attackers complete the download within the time limit, they are victorious. If the defenders are able to prevent this within the time limit, they are victorious. Comm Links can be captured by staying within the effective range of the Comm Links until they change ownership.
■ Stages
  • Jade Forest – African Jungle Outback. Composed of natural jungle and a desolate village.
  • Red Fortress – Soviet Military Base in Afghanistan. A hilltop base with a peripheral view of the surrounding desert.
  • Gray Rampart – A dam and its environs. The stage contains two regions on either side of a river, with the dam and bridges connecting them.
  • Amber Station – A gas refinery on a harbor. The stage contains several multi-level structures.
  • Black Site – The infamous US military base nine years after the events of “METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES”. It contains a multi-level base with mostly flat and spacious surrounding areas.
■ Classes
  • Scout – With advanced scouting capabilities, the “Recon Class” specialties are long-range combat and support functions. Movement speed and strength are average making this a great choice for beginners.
  • Enforcer – With great strength, the “Heavy Class” specializes in powerful weapons. However, movement speed is slow making this class less effective in close quarters. This class is for intermediate players.
  • Infiltrator – Fast moving, the “Infiltration Class” specialty is close combat such as CQC. Due to the strength being low, you should avoid a head-on battle. This is a class for experienced players.
■ Tips
  • Unique Character – When “Unique Character” is selected in mission settings, one player on each team is assigned at random to play as a unique character. Unique characters such as Snake and Ocelot have significantly higher abilities compared to regular player characters. They also have exclusive weapons and actions, providing opportunities to try different play styles.
  • Abilities – Equipping abilities enhance performance of your character or your weapons. Each ability has 3 levels.
  • Buddy – Players can join up with a “Buddy”. When your Buddy Gauge reaches 50% or greater, you can respawn at your buddy’s location. Once the buddy gauge reaches 100%, you can equip the E-RB WORMHOLE GEN. from your support weapons. This device can be placed and entered to instantaneously travel to your buddy’s location.
  • Interrogation – Restraining an enemy with CQC and holding down the CALL button performs an “interrogation”. If the interrogation is successful, you gain intel on the enemy team’s location, which is automatically shared with your buddy.
  • Weight and Mobility – Weapons and items have weight associated with them. Based on total weight, your “mobility” rating ranges from Level S to D, affecting your movement speed and weapon sway. When editing your loadouts, keep the mobility rating in mind.
  • Party – If you join a party, you will be able to join the same match as the party members. You can access the Party Menu from the Freeplay environment.
  • Experience Points – Based on your performance during the match, you gain experience points. Earn experience points (XP) to raise your character level. If you raise your level, you can obtain new weapons or abilities as a reward.
Watch some new footage via Konami’s Metal Gear Online Tokyo Game Show stage event below. View the new screenshots at the gallery.
TGS 2015 Demo

TGS 2015 Stage

visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Clips, Gameplay, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Screenshots, TGS 2015
source: Gematsu

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:55 AM   #38
Nathan

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the online mode at all? After playing plenty of missions, I'd rather have a robust co-op mode, where you can take out outposts together, with all the toys and vehicles the regular single player has to offer. Not this PvP fest.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #39
Benstamania
Go away.

Personally? Yeah I'd rather have the co-op you described. I may mess around with online but with Destiny, Halo and Battlefront... MGO won't be played much.. At all.

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #40
Havok83
Side-Kick

Odd that there isnt co-op with the buddy system they have in place. PW had co-op and V is a natural evolution of that game in many ways

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #41
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I'd much rather have co-op than competitive multiplayer. I will say that the multiplayer modes sound pretty fun though.

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #42
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Co-op sounds good on paper, I know, but I was pretty underwhelmed with it in PW, whereas I had a lot of fun with MGO and MGO2. I probably won't play it a lot, but I'm sure I'll have some good times with it.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #43
Frosty81
Side-Kick

The sound design in this game is amazing.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #44
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Ok can someone tell me how to get to "endgame" with this? It seems like there's 50 different answers around the net. All iv got left are the rehashed main missions and some side ops. From what I can gather, missions 45 and 46 are the enders?? Any idea how I unlock those?

Old 09-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #45
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Makes sure you play every yellow side op first and foremost, and after that just keep playing side ops. They will unlock eventually.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #46
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Plus get Quiets bond levels with snake maxed out for mission 45.

But please for the love of Kojima don't forget to put a butterfly in your emblem BEFORE you complete mission 45, you'll thank me for it later and i had to learn it the hard way.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #47
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Oh yeah, that's right, you do need to have Quiet's bond with Snake maxed out for mission 45 to show up. What's this about the butterfly emblem, though?

Quote:
Old 09-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #48
Nathan

I think something about a bug that would corrupt your save.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #49
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

15 missions left to S-rank. But I can't imagine how I'm gonna do optional objectives. A dozen of missions have pretty screwed-up lists.

OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:40 PM   #50
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think something about a bug that would corrupt your save.
That was if you used Quiet on mission 29 or 42, and it's been patched anyway. Don't think an emblem had anything to do with that.

Quote: